Thread: Can Some one Help please!! Isuzu Bull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can Some one Help please!! Isuzu Bull

I called Isuzu today to ask about a new gear selector input shaft seal. They tell me i cannot replace the seal by itself i need to purchase the hole gear selector assemble and that they no longer will make this part! So now i have a bleeding trans, from that seal and a perfect VX, but cant fix the bleeding! What to do? I really hate to give this vehicle up over a simple seal leak there has gotta be something that can be done? So i hope this is were you guys could come in? antone with this problem and or do you know of anyone that you may direct me to?

Have you tried Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu? His contact info is on this site. If he can't get it for you it IS NOT available! Is is pretty much the parts guru around here.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Awsome thanks!! ill give him a shout.

I believe the trans is a 4L30E used in GM vehicles You may have better luck getting it from them. shawn
    1COOLVX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by psychos2 View Post
    I believe the trans is a 4L30E used in GM vehicles You may have better luck getting it from them. shawn
    Sweet!! I was gonna actually just buy a trans and part it, but if that is the case im all over itThanks for the tip ill let you know how i make out, Thanks Shawn

Shift shaft seal

This may be just a dumb question but.......I had my "shift shaft seal" replaced right after I got mine in December as it was leaking. Is that the same part you're talking about? If so, the part number on my receipt is 8-08644-709-0.....$8.35, and $98 labor.

I happen to have one of the remaining "authorized" Isuzu repair places near me, and who did the work....wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Just thought I'd mention this in case it's the same thing as yours.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Here is a portion of my thread with the same problem back in 11/08. VX KAT is correct too above.
    Thread:
    Update for Trans. Fluid Leakage
    Finally got the car back in the shop with one of my Porsche Techs and we cleaned the area and took a peek. Cleaned the whole trans and found fluid leaking at the left side pan area and spreading. The only other seal in that area is above the pan gasket called the selector shaft seal. We pulled the mode switch housing off and low and behold found a very aged and brittle seal. We cleaned the old seal out, which fell apart upon contact, cleaned area, inserted new selector shaft seal, remount mode switch, top up fluid and run it. No leaks. 2nd day now and still no leaks. Selector shaft seal part #8-08644-709-0 and less than 6 bucks! What a relief and no more pink fluid all over the garage catch pan!
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    This may be just a dumb question but.......I had my "shift shaft seal" replaced right after I got mine in December as it was leaking. Is that the same part you're talking about? If so, the part number on my receipt is 8-08644-709-0.....$8.35, and $98 labor.

I happen to have one of the remaining "authorized" Isuzu repair places near me, and who did the work....wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Just thought I'd mention this in case it's the same thing as yours.

automatic trans your talking about rite( i dont know if they make a manual?) well if so yea i called my local and they said they couldnt help? were did you get it from?

well guys i got it done I installed the seal myself and it turned out great!!!! Thanks for the help with the part #er & also just the over all help was awsome! Oh can anyone tell me where to find the thread on the on/off switch for the T.O.D system and does it work well if you have an idea?

Nice!! Seems like the savings in the information you received might be worth a little donation?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Seeback View Post
    well guys i got it done I installed the seal myself and it turned out great!!!! Thanks for the help with the part #er & also just the over all help was awsome! Oh can anyone tell me where to find the thread on the on/off switch for the T.O.D system and does it work well if you have an idea?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    Nice!! Seems like the savings in the information you received might be worth a little donation?

I really do donate every month that iv been on so far, This site is like a junk yard you never know what you will find. Its great! So the name as you can see is Shawn & maybe ill get the privilage to meet up with you some day? Thanks for the info

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Seeback View Post
    I really do donate every month that iv been on so far, This site is like a junk yard you never know what you will find. Its great! So the name as you can see is Shawn & maybe ill get the privilage to meet up with you some day? Thanks for the info
    All I can say to that is...

WELL DONE BROTHER !!!.........

Boss, if you be readin' this, may I humbly suggest a PSS (premium site supporter) level of donation recognition, for those willing to kick in $20.00 monthly, or $200.00 lump sum yearly donations...

IMO, it would be appealing to more than a few...

"may I humbly suggest ..."

A humble Ldub. There's today's oxymoron for ya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

HAHA u two sound like Bros.