Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Been thinking of some 18's

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    That's OK, Ldub. When offering my advice/opinion, I always back it up with sound logical reasoning or I don't make a post. What people do with that advice/opinion is entirely up to them; and I don't force my advice/opinion on anyone, but do offer it when asked. Thank you for asking and I'm glad I could be of assistance.
    What you tend to overlook is, it's sound logical advice for YOUR application, & YOUR preferences.

I don't particularly like chrome, OR changing flats on the trail, as I don't have an inflatable mattress with me...

Oops...almost forgot my manners...You're Welcome!...
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/22/2009 at 02:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    Hey dub...

These are the pretties I put on mine, but in black...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13570

for some reference. They are the exact same but chrome.

If you don't mind the rough ride getting rougher, the width they add makes her handle like a friggin roadster.

Of course, I put a smaller bit of rubber on her with these vs my factory 16's. I kept those for the occasional off roading.

I'm sure you don't mind cutting (and you may have already) but anymore rubber than you see on mine and you will definitely be cutting/jacking her up.

Hope that helps!
    LOL...Dude, I'm already lifted to pretty near the max of suspension lift without a diff drop, carved more cladding than most, & also done the thing on the inside of the front fender wells.

I'm rollin' on 33" x 12.50 x 20's (load range E) inflated to 60 psi...aside from replacing the shocks with solid steel struts, I don't think it COULD ride much rougher...

However, I DO appreciate the input......
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/22/2009 at 03:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    I think they'd look better on my Proton
    So...whaddya sayin'?...Shall I order you a set too?...

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Yeah, but all that chrome adds weight and compromises braking and performance!
    You ALWAYS manage to get a laugh outta me Billy...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    With those 35's are you going to re-gear Dub? You wil need a lot more skinny pedal and momentum on obstacles if you don't. Depending on the situation that may mean more carnage!
    If the opprotunity present$ it$elf in the future, then ab$olutely...

But until then, I might just play with the new kids on the bunny hill...
    Moab has become more of a social gathering for me, with a few exceptions, I've done most of the trails that I care to do.

I'm hoping that's a sign of the whole age = wisdom thing, but who knows?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    So...whaddya sayin'?...Shall I order you a set too?...
    Sure while you're at it Gotta save my OEs
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    What you tend to overlook is, it's sound logical advice for YOUR application, & YOUR preferences.
    Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.

It appears you initiated this thread for pure self gratification in that you had already decided on your new wheel/tire set-up and just wanted others to pat you on the back in order to make you feel good which is very selfish and inconsiderate of you. However; when you asked "What do you think of these.....", and someone disagrees with your specific point of view, then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy. If you don't want our honest opinion; then please don't ask for it, as you waste everyone's time and effort on this forum.

Now Now boys play nice or you will go to bed with no supper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Umm Riff Raff...

You state..

My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.

After saying

"" Riff Raff
    Site Supporter 2001, PROTON YELLOW, VehiCROSS, 1451
    TACOMA, WA US

Sorry; Ldub, but me NO likey. If it ain't chrome; I'm going home. I like bling, not blah. Find another wheel and inquire again.

Kind'o contradictory / antithetical ...

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.

It appears you initiated this thread for pure self gratification in that you had already decided on your new wheel/tire set-up and just wanted others to pat you on the back in order to make you feel good which is very selfish and inconsiderate of you. However; when you asked "What do you think of these.....", and someone disagrees with your specific point of view, then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy. If you don't want our honest opinion; then please don't ask for it, as you waste everyone's time and effort on this forum.
    Ah come on Riff, we all post our likes and wants (and dreams), and we enjoy hearing what others think or can contribute, or make fun of..... but in a fun & friendly manner. That's what keeps this board so awesome. We just don't enjoy an authoritative spanking from other members. We're all equals here. Lighten' up a bit. It's all good!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanx Scott & Sue. Sorry for the
    We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

Thanx Scott & Sue. Sorry for the
    We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
    You forgot to thank JO...

then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy.
    Larry, I didn't know you wore panties, what color, what size? maybe for your 54th I will go to Victoria's Secret for your pressie.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.:yes
    Then why would you recommend chrome?...

Yeah you've just described me in a nutshshell...selfish & inconsiderate is how I roll baby...

As a self absorbed plebe, humbled by your greatness...
    THANK YOU
    for setting me straight!

I can now go on to bigger & better things!

Riff...YOU RULE !!!

So...Y'still up for pistols @ noon?...

Oh whoops...I meant...
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/22/2009 at 06:21 PM

Thank you guys for handling this amicably...

Everyone has a right to an opinion but there becomes a point where ya just gotta agree to disagree and move on... Good job

Don't fret, Ldub. I still love ya' like I do everyone else on this forum. See you at Noon!!!

Don't fret, Ldub. I still love ya' like I do everyone else on this forum. See you at Noon!!!

Since I never did learn how to play the G-tar...fretting is not within my realm...

LOL...All's well that ends in a firefight...