Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We made the Clunker list

after working a major car center years ago ...I got a kick out of this cash for clunkers thing ..because dealers mark up the cars so much ...all you are doing is giving them a tax credit and they sell there cars for profit.. you get nothing..

when you see the tag it will say suggested manufactured retail price?? think about it ....suggested.. when the last time you got some thing for that ..most of the time things say ..SMRP.10.00. but you pay.7.99....then they add stuff like tires and radio and stripes.. and stuff.. and add them to the suggested price ..and add something like a ADM.. additional dealer markup..additional?.. wait you mean the SMRP is with a markup..hehe yup...plus the add ons are stuff that already on the car ..but you dont get them.. they took that stuff off to put on the extra stuff. on.then charge you for the new stuff also. the price includes the old stuff thats not on there.......lol.. now ..they are going to give you a cash for your clunker rebate...........

thanks for listening.... spelling might be off..

I buy cars for my friends ...the dealers ..see me and send the new car sales guys my way...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU

Lightbulb

I'm tradin' for a PRIUS!!!

J/K

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    after working a major car center years ago ...I got a kick out of this cash for clunkers thing ..because dealers mark up the cars so much ...all you are doing is giving them a tax credit and they sell there cars for profit.. you get nothing..

when you see the tag it will say suggested manufactured retail price?? think about it ....suggested.. when the last time you got some thing for that ..most of the time things say ..SMRP.10.00. but you pay.7.99....then they add stuff like tires and radio and stripes.. and stuff.. and add them to the suggested price ..and add something like a ADM.. additional dealer markup..additional?.. wait you mean the SMRP is with a markup..hehe yup...plus the add ons are stuff that already on the car ..but you dont get them.. they took that stuff off to put on the extra stuff. on.then charge you for the new stuff also. the price includes the old stuff thats not on there.......lol.. now ..they are going to give you a cash for your clunker rebate...........

thanks for listening.... spelling might be off..

I buy cars for my friends ...the dealers ..see me and send the new car sales guys my way...lol
    Speaking of... I CAN'T WAIT to see this movie:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=36653

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    it has to be own by the person trading it in for atleast 1 year and to be insured for that year ...and after the deal it must become scrap.. and sent for scraping//and not to be on the road again.
    That seems incredibly wasteful to me. Removing perfectly fine cars from the road to crunch them and/or bury their parts-stripped remains in a landfill?

Oh I forgot - selling more fuel efficient cars will someday make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    That seems incredibly wasteful to me. Removing perfectly fine cars from the road to crunch them and/or bury their parts-stripped remains in a landfill?

Oh I forgot - selling more fuel efficient cars will someday make up for it.

Actually, there was a show on I think discovery channel , on recycling, and it's something like 60% of cars in scrap yards get recycled into materials for new cars and 36% gets recycled into non auto materials and only about 4% gets sent to landfills as it is unrecyclable material... The 250,000 cars this $1 billion dollars is supposed to buy is supposed to save like 1 trillion dollars in oil over a 8-10 year period... because of taking off the road 18mpg (and less) cars, and because the minimum car that replaces it has to have a minimum of 5mpg better gas (than the ceiling of 18mpg) consumption. The more cars traded in that make less than 18mpg and the more cars bought that get more than 23mpg, the bigger the savings in oil spending over the years. That was from some "expert" making commentary on CNBC...
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

I love the proposal that saves money

From the begining of time the government has been spending tons of money to save money long term. If they are saving all this damn money how come we are paying more in taxes? They need to stop. I cant afford to save any more.

Its like a women who sees a $1000 dress on sale for $500 who buys it and comes home and says she saved $500. No you cost me $500.
    Last edited by circmand : 07/28/2009 at 02:21 PM Reason: added smart *** comment

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post

Its like a women who sees a $1000 dress on sale for $500 who buys it and comes home and says she saved $500. No you cost me $500.
    LOL...sort of...my wife does that trick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I cant afford to save any more.
    That is the funniest thing I have read in a good while.

$500 for one dress!!! My whole wardrobe isn't worth $500... and I can't afford shoes, so I cut off my legs!

There is also a MPG difference requirement based on the type of vehicle being turned in versus the type being bought. My co-worker traded in his old Honda Pilot for a brand new Acura TL last week under this program ($3500 rebate) and just got a letter that stated that the TL did not qualify because the MPG difference was only five, and it had to be 6 or more. "Return the car or pay $3500 more." He's going to return the car, and then see if it shows up on their used car list!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    There is also a MPG difference requirement based on the type of vehicle being turned in versus the type being bought. My co-worker traded in his old Honda Pilot for a brand new Acura TL last week under this program ($3500 rebate) and just got a letter that stated that the TL did not qualify because the MPG difference was only five, and it had to be 6 or more. "Return the car or pay $3500 more." He's going to return the car, and then see if it shows up on their used car list!
    Ahhh bureaucracy at work. I wonder how much it's costing to have an army of auditors sit around somewhere and generate/mail letters for 1 MPG overages.

This is change we can believe in my a**.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    $500 for one dress!!! My whole wardrobe isn't worth $500... and I can't afford shoes, so I cut off my legs!

DUDE...that is some dark assed humor right there...

If I didn't know your situation, I might have been appalled...

Keep the good thought Iron...

"I got a kick out of this cash for clunkers thing ..because dealers mark up the cars so much ...all you are doing is giving them a tax credit and they sell there cars for profit.. you get nothing"

One of the local Stealerships is advertising that they will give you the rebate ... even if you don't trade in a clunker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    DUDE...that is some dark assed humor right there...

If I didn't know your situation, I might have been appalled...

Keep the good thought Iron...

*snicker*

OMG!! I shocked Ldub!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

it's all life to me L, ups n downs, laugh and go off on people when it's down... whine and bitch when it's up, the more ya complaiin the longer the "Supreme Being" makes ya live... spilled milk/bridge water

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Cash for Clunkers... suspended.

I suppose they were expecting more "Clunker" VX's to be turned in and instead, the demand for them grew.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com