Thread: M-ATV Military Offroader :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think the M-ATV is the outgrowth of the extreme waste of money, the MRAP, whereas the ELSORV is in the running for the JLTV contract (HMMWV replacement). If this is the case, the M-ATV is certainly a step in the right direction compared to the pogue deathtrap that the MRAP honestly is. Just MHO, of course. If I were an 88M (truck driver) or MP or construction engineer, the RV-like ride is great! If they replaced the mraps with this m-atv, I might lament the loss of jump seats and ability to stretch out a cot and store all my tailgate-party gear...
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

The ELSOTV is being tested (with great review's from the troops) by the special ops guys in Aphganistan. At the moment it is a huge improvement on the Toyota pick ups a lot of them get around in. One of the local fab shops here (Ballistic Fab) was contracted to do all the rod ends and some of the bracketrey. A lot of the other stuff was done by other 4x fab shops. The axles are Curry Rock Jocks that have been time tested in trail and comp rigs. The engine is a modified hummer unit. You can see a lot of real world 4x tech in it like the comp cut rear fenders on the one.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Neither vehicle impressed me. None of the videos showed a traversing diagonal slope to indicate its resistance to roll-over. The current HMMWV will go twice as many places as these two prototypes and just needs to be "armored" more to resist road mines and small arms attack. I say re-focus efforts to upgrade the current massive existing inventory of HMMWV's with additional armor and disregard these two wannabe's as they're totally worthless pieces of junk money pits.