Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Local 4x4 show

Local 4x4 show

I signed Vicki up for a 4x4 show today, and just had to share.
    The show was put on by a local Jeep dealership so I really signed the VX up more as a joke than anything else. I was only one of two non-domestic cars and the other Japanese car was a HIGHLY modified Suzuki Samurai. 90% of the other cars where Jeeps and almost all of them where modified in some way or another. They ended up putting me on the back row between two HUGE full sized trucks.

I always thought that the VX looked fairly chunky between the lift, the Grapplers and the roof rack with the full sized spare, but these two trucks made Vicki look like a little toy.
    The VX was virtually invisible to everyone there. No one stopped to look at it or even point and scratch their heads. I think if they could have pushed it out of the way to look at the trucks next to it they would have. It was a fun day because there where some purpose built rock crawlers, as well as some modified Jeep's, that hit the articulation ramp and the rock garden that they had set up.
    I think I found Ldub's new set-up...

Jeep with 50" tall tires
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow.....

vicky sure looks funny between those trucks mark...
    their bumpers are at your windshield height...

and on a another note, why didnt you invite the rest of us for the show?? i would love to get like 5 VX's in a car show, all in a row...that would turn some heads

and you didnt show them how it was done on the articulation ramp??
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

small penises...

Giant monster trucks = small penis

Did they have any old station wagons for them to crush?

Jack,
    It was definitely weird parking between those two trucks. Sitting in the VX I was looking at the underside of both of them. The black truck to the left of the VX had a very nice Atlas II transfer case.

It was sort of a last minute decision to enter the show and I didn't figure that you guys would drive 3-4 hours for just a couple of hours at the show. I did send a quick note to VXorado because he's just over in Eagle, but he was working.

Didn't hit the ramp and didn't hit the rock garden either. Maybe that would have gotten people more interested in the VX.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I CALL FOUL!...

Threre is no way they should have parked Vicky in the "grand canyon" between those two "extensions"...

She woulda been noticed x10 if properly positioned nearer like sized vehicles.

Anyway...Way to represent the Fam!...
    Last edited by Ldub : 08/02/2009 at 10:20 PM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    its all good....

if i wasnt working i would be more than happy to bring stitch up to a show....show off the stereo a little, play in the rock garden and get some articulation..

maybe next time huh?

It's an annual event so keep your calendar open for next year around this time.

Well... I would have stopped and stared at Vicki... drooled a bit.

Here she is with a better surroundings.

Last edited by crager34 : 08/02/2009 at 01:24 PM

You should have taken a few enlarged pics from Moab and posted them with some vehicle info in front of the VX! Then you should have asked the two monsters how many times they had ventured out of the mall parking lot!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Billy, that is exactly what I wanted to do, but the decision to enter the show was a bit of a last minute idea. I'll definitely be prepared for next years show with some Moab shots (maybe a few movies looping on the laptop), production numbers and gerneral statistics all printed out for display.

Nice sparkle add-on to the first pic.

Wow, I notice they have tags.... that height is LEGAL there? Insane. I have never in my life seen a vehicle that big on the road. Hell, welcome to the city I guess.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Wow, I notice they have tags.... that height is LEGAL there? Insane. I have never in my life seen a vehicle that big on the road. Hell, welcome to the city I guess.
    Go west young man, go west! Az has no lift laws (as long as you cover them big meets with mud flaps).

People just don't know what they are missing, Mark. Vicki looks awesome! Eff those Jeeps and Big Foot pick-ups!!!

Bart

Worm, those trucks are TOTALLY legal where I am. No fender flares or mud flaps required. I live out in the middle of nowhere Colorado so they may let a few things go out here that they wouldn't allow in, say, Denver, but I have a feeling that they are legal there too. I've heard some of the guys in the Denver area say differently, but we don't have any kind of vehicle inspection out here. If you show up to the DMV with proof of insurance and ownership, they'll give you a tag.

There is a truck that I saw cruising around a few weeks ago that looked like a monster truck on the streets. It was outrageously lifted and I swear that the tires where five and a half feet tall (no exaggeration).

Oh, and them sparkles in the first pic are real baby....