Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with Kane Creek & Abandonment?

Kane Creek, jabs, smilies, world peace=perfect thread

Last edited by ZEUS : 08/07/2009 at 10:51 AM
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Makes me think of that pretty green Jeep that was out there when we were there, not really abandoned, but we should have acquired the hood ornament and takin it with us for some photo ops and then mailed it back to him... Show what the trails looked like in a functional vehicle.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    looks like the same place the jeep was abandoned too...

us kane creek guys were seriously talking about taking a hood ornament then doing a 'journey of' made of pictures with the ornament....then get moncha to look up the address of the jeep owner, and ship him the ornament and pictures
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Well I remember I wasn't talking about it because that is a stupid idea. What the Hell is wrong with people? ...a bit angry this morning since someone stole my tool box (full of at least $500 in tools) out of my garage... think they'll mail 'em back?

Well I remember I wasn't talking about it because that is a stupid idea. What the Hell is wrong with people? ...a bit angry this morning since someone stole my tool box (full of at least $500 in tools) out of my garage... think they'll mail 'em back?
    Well, not sure how that is a stupid idea, but relax your bunched under britches, we didn't do it. But someone stealing your tools, that sucks, I assume they broke your garage door while prying it open as well? That just adds to the PITA, loss of tools, and broken garage door and lock.

"not sure how that is a stupid idea... we didn't do it." So stupid is as stupid does then...? Angry today, or not, I still would have said that was a stupid idea. Keep wheeling and one day you will break something or somehow be stuck on the trail. You will hate to leave your ride to it's fate knowing what could happen. When a JEEP returns to get your rig out and you notice someone screwed with your ride... you'll understand... and no I'm not talking about "the Jeep thing"... the Jeep thing is what you are doing to your VX.

Actually no damage... I'm guessing "they" waited for me to take the lawn mower to the front yard since my garage is in the back and then walked right in while I was mowing and carried out 80lbs of toolbox! The perfect crime.

the Jeep thing is what you are doing to your VX.
    OH, SNAP!

Bart

Actually no damage... I'm guessing "they" waited for me to take the lawn mower to the front yard since my garage is in the back and then walked right in while I was mowing and carried out 80lbs of toolbox! The perfect crime.
    I am glad that your garage wasn't damaged, now I am forced to ask, are you sure you didn't misplace the tools and the box? And Dam n, what kind of neighborhood do you live in where someone steals your stuff while you are right there?

It wasn't a stupid idea, it was a childish idea, those are two different things

Anyway, if someone stole my hood ornament, which is a non-functional non important item, without breaking anything, made a clever project out of it, and then mailed it back, I would not be mad. For a little while I would be mad, unless they left a note about getting it back soon...but that Jeep ornament was so gigantic that it was just asking for it

As for doing the Jeep thing to my VX, not sure where that came from, it isn't a convertible, it has doors, it isn't a dime a dozen, it is not a box on wheels, and............................ Drum roll please .............................................

BARBIE DOESN'T DRIVE A VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my neighbor's Dodge is a jeep thing too, since it is lifted and has AT tires on it? Damn, I guess that makes those ignorant *** caprices and crown vics on 26s that sit higher off the ground than my VX jeeps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    it isn't a dime a dozen
    Correct, and I think that is where the "Jeep Thing" comment came from. It's not a dime a dozen, so why are you "defacing it" in such a way???

I mean, to each his own, but man...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Correct, and I think that is where the "Jeep Thing" comment came from. It's not a dime a dozen, so why are you "defacing it" in such a way???

I mean, to each his own, but man...

Bart
    Gotcha, almost all of my mods are functional, things to improve the performance of the VX. So if that is jeeping it out, Sliders, tires, functional front end, skid plates, safari rack(not a jeep thing) ,then label me a Jeeper.

And that means those with S/C or turbos are ricers....
    Last edited by Marlin : 08/05/2009 at 11:12 AM

Gotcha, almost all of my mods are functional, things to improve the performance of the VX. So if that is jeeping it out, Sliders, tires, functional front end, skid plates, safari rack(not a jeep thing) ,then label me a Jeeper.

Eeewww gross a JEEPER! j/k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I'm not labeling anyone anything, in fact I hate labels on anything/anyone, I was just making a guess as to where that came from.

Personally, I think all those things are fine, and I will hold my comments until you are done, but in my opinion, the body and style of the VehiCROSS is what makes it look so damn cool and sets it apart from everything else, so I am a bit off-put by your massive front end mutilation...er...um...I mean modification.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Eeewww gross a JEEPER! j/k

Thumbs up

HAHA! You have no idea how many times I go to where I always kept my tool box hoping it will magically reappear! ...still hasn't happened. Yeah, I have a name for my neighborhood but would rather not hurt any feelings here (odd huh) - it is an up and down g-hetto tho fo sho! Getting worse it seems - I talked to a neighbor who's rocks were stolen in the night... that's right... someone stole his decorative rocks!

Maybe you are right, it was a childish idea, that had it turned to an act, would have then been stupid! Trust me, I would not be laughing if someone stole something off any of my rides and then mailed it to me. I would think, "Wow, that was stupid." then I would be happy I got my part back. Now if I saw it in pictures with a bunch of VX's, I know I would have an appropriate place to return it to... somewhere the sun don't shine. I would also have a stong distaste for every VX and VX owner and just might f up the 1st one I saw. He was probably a truck driver - don't Mack trucks have big dog ornaments? That Jeep was decked out like it belonged to a truck driver.

And... as for the Jeep thing... you put an exposed spare tire vertically on the back (Jeepish). Then took off, arguably the most unique and identifiable VX body part there is, to slap on a typical, flat, square, Jeep-like bumper! That's all.. oh plus it says Jeep on the rear window. The Barbie reference... yawn... if Barbie had heard of a VehiCROSS she would have had one of those too! And her Jeep was a merely gift from Ken who wanted to get some - hence the pink color.

So OK....... in summary.......... drum roll please........... you have, of all things, the mail delivery Jeep version of a VX! Complete with the rarity status (that's right, when was the last time you saw a delivery Jeep driving around?), a non-removable roof, unique grill, full doors, gate mounted external spare, and square bumper... although I have only seen one other mail delivery Jeep in yellow - yours does look better!

As for a Crunk Caprice being a Jeep - now you're just being silly.

I am glad that your garage wasn't damaged, now I am forced to ask, are you sure you didn't misplace the tools and the box? And Dam n, what kind of neighborhood do you live in where someone steals your stuff while you are right there?

It wasn't a stupid idea, it was a childish idea, those are two different things

Anyway, if someone stole my hood ornament, which is a non-functional non important item, without breaking anything, made a clever project out of it, and then mailed it back, I would not be mad. For a little while I would be mad, unless they left a note about getting it back soon...but that Jeep ornament was so gigantic that it was just asking for it

As for doing the Jeep thing to my VX, not sure where that came from, it isn't a convertible, it has doors, it isn't a dime a dozen, it is not a box on wheels, and............................ Drum roll please .............................................

BARBIE DOESN'T DRIVE A VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my neighbor's Dodge is a jeep thing too, since it is lifted and has AT tires on it? Damn, I guess that makes those ignorant *** caprices and crown vics on 26s that sit higher off the ground than my VX jeeps too.

It sucks hugely that your tools got stolen. When I was a tad bit younger and still living at home I had the stereo stolen out of my Mustang, that was parked in my carport, while I was sleeping (luckily the insurance co. was quite generous). Funny part was, while the deputy was taking the report, the guy that lived across the street comes over and asked if I got broken into. When I told him that I had he said that his storage room had been broken into also and that they had stolen his tools (he was a mechanic and all his tools were Snap-On...big$$$$). Deputy looks in the back seat of my 'stang and there are his tools. The deuchebags had stole his tools so that they could break into my car. They left his tools in my car and got away with my stereo...the tools were worth way more than my stereo!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)