Thread: Western Slope MEGA mini Meet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Western Slope MEGA mini Meet

Since VXorado (Jon) had the day off yesterday, and I am currently on permenant vacation we decided to meet up in Glenwood Springs for a little meet and greet and to do some light wheelin'. The meet and greet was great and the VX obsession seems to have fully taken hold of Jon. The "light" wheelin' ended up being a 20 mile/ eight hour run through the Colorado high country on the Transfer Trail from Glenwood to Dotsero. Even though it was a LONG day (ending well after dark) the scenery was fantastic and we both had a good time. For all of you Colorado VXers, this may be the perfect place for our next Colorado Colors meet. Here are some images from the day:

At the beginning of the trail. VXorado (Jon) just had to try out his new rims and tires.

Probably a couple of hours, and a few thousand feet up the trail.

View of the town where we started the trail.

Well this just CAN'T be good.

Stopped at Windy Point. It was a LONG way down.

VXorado playing in the stream.

Jack I know you're going to ask why we didn't invite the Front Rangers, but it was really a last minute decision because we both had the day off. We'll make sure to plan the next one better so you guys can drive on over.

Cool! Glad to see you are enjoying your vacation time, Mark! Jon, those wheels look great on your ride; nice choice!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I keep thinking I want to join you guys,but you're almost as far as Moab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Cool! Glad to see you are enjoying your vacation time, Mark! Jon, those wheels look great on your ride; nice choice!
    Thanks, I just got them last friday. I couldn't resist the punisher skulls

Mark, I will try to put the "sheep herding" photos up soon . That was an adventure, can't wait to get out again...

I washed Vicki today, and I really screwed her up. I ended up "falling" into a ditch at the side of the trail and was wedged in pretty good so Jon had to come back and strap me out. Vicki was resting on the side of the ditch (it was like three or four feet deep) on her passenger door. I couldn't get any traction and when we dragged her out of the ditch I ended up scraping up the cladding pretty good. Also, I ended up "displacing" the cladding right behind the passenger front wheel well. Looks like I'm going to need a BFH to beat it back into place.
    I can't believe that I've been to Moab four years in a row with NO damage to Vicki and now I went and banged her up on a day trip in my local high country.
    Anybody got some right side cladding that they want to get rid of?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Mark, you know I have passenger side cladding!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Lisa, I kind of figured that you did, but didn't want to ask because I figured that you where saving it for yourself. If you're willing to let it go you'll have to let me know what you might want for it.....oh, and I'll probably have to wait until I get a job before we talk price.