Thread: VX/IFX LI Meet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

North East VX/IFX LI Meet

The members of ImportFanatix are having a meet at Belmont Lake State Park and as usual we are invited. Here is a quote taken from the IFX site with the details:

MEET DATE: August 17th
    RAIN DATE: August 31st

The permit is in, and we are all set. I will look into whether or not we need a second permit for the rain date, or if it is transferable. I had originally planned to have a rental area, but the meet at Menlo went really well as it did, so I'm going to stick with that format. Bring what you want to eat and drink.

Directions:
    From NJ.....
    Take NJTP to Goethels bridge (exit 13). Go over the Goethels to the Staten Island Expressway(rt 287). Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From Garden State Parkway, get off at the exit for 440 North to the Outerbridge crossing, once across the Outerbridge stay on 440 North until you get to the Staten Island Expressway. (rt. 287) Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From the Bronx.....
    Take the Throgs neck bridge to the Cross Island Parkway. Take the CIP south to the Southern State. Take the SSP to exit 38.

From LI, Brooklyn, Queens......
    Take the Belt Parkway to the Southern State Parkway, or/then SSP to Exit 38. Brings you right into the park. From the LIE, get off at exit 43 or 44 for rt. 135, the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. Take that south until you get to the Southern State Parkway. Head east on the SSP to exit 38.

From eastern LI.........
    Take Sunrise Highway to exit 40, the Robert Moses Causway. Follow that to the Southern State Parkway heading west. Take the SSP to exit 38.
    From the LIE, take that to exit 51 Deer Park Ave. exit. Take DPA south until you hit the SSP. Roughly 8 miles. Head west one(1) exit to exit 38 for the Park.

Any Q's give me a holla.
    Last edited by Bantan : 08/01/2003 at 12:56 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."