Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VX/IFX LI Meet

North East VX/IFX LI Meet

The members of ImportFanatix are having a meet at Belmont Lake State Park and as usual we are invited. Here is a quote taken from the IFX site with the details:

MEET DATE: August 17th
    RAIN DATE: August 31st

The permit is in, and we are all set. I will look into whether or not we need a second permit for the rain date, or if it is transferable. I had originally planned to have a rental area, but the meet at Menlo went really well as it did, so I'm going to stick with that format. Bring what you want to eat and drink.

Directions:
    From NJ.....
    Take NJTP to Goethels bridge (exit 13). Go over the Goethels to the Staten Island Expressway(rt 287). Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From Garden State Parkway, get off at the exit for 440 North to the Outerbridge crossing, once across the Outerbridge stay on 440 North until you get to the Staten Island Expressway. (rt. 287) Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From the Bronx.....
    Take the Throgs neck bridge to the Cross Island Parkway. Take the CIP south to the Southern State. Take the SSP to exit 38.

From LI, Brooklyn, Queens......
    Take the Belt Parkway to the Southern State Parkway, or/then SSP to Exit 38. Brings you right into the park. From the LIE, get off at exit 43 or 44 for rt. 135, the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. Take that south until you get to the Southern State Parkway. Head east on the SSP to exit 38.

From eastern LI.........
    Take Sunrise Highway to exit 40, the Robert Moses Causway. Follow that to the Southern State Parkway heading west. Take the SSP to exit 38.
    From the LIE, take that to exit 51 Deer Park Ave. exit. Take DPA south until you hit the SSP. Roughly 8 miles. Head west one(1) exit to exit 38 for the Park.

Any Q's give me a holla.
    Last edited by Bantan : 08/01/2003 at 12:56 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Do I hear Bar-B-Q?!

This time we could make a picnic of it. We divide up who brings what and head down there with the fam. Does this place have a picnic area?
    Chet - CBA_VX

BBQ AREA

Chet,
    Yes the park does have a BBQ area, bike trail, boat rentals, restrooms, basket ball courts, baseball field, horse riding trail, etc. I was thinking since I live near the park we could BBQ at my place(I got the Grill) then roll over to the park VX style.
    Frank from IFX also lives near the park, he is going to be setting up shop early in the AM, Holding down a spot for the crew.

thanks for posting this here:
    i am just going to post the extra stuff that's not in the original. hope to see some VXs out there

The Members of Import FanatiX cordially invite you to another great shaping meet. Please feel free to come by for a BBQ and please bring any items to donate to the festivities. Everyone is welcomed and let's have a great time.
    SOME RULES FOR THE MEET.

I know sometimes it can be hard to contain oneself, but for this meet to happen, everyone has to realize something:

1. Please no speeding into or out of the park. This park has a much larger lot then we are used to at our previous meets, and you may feel a little "gas" happy. Believe me when I tell you this park gets packed, and children pop out from everywhere, and anywhere. I know, I used to work at this park. Keep the speed limit down.

2. Of course, like at our previous meets, there will be no alcohol.

3. Keep your radio's down. The cops will give you a ticket for that if they pass by and you have your stereo cranking.

For More Info check the link
    http://www.importfanatix.com/Forums/...5&pagenumber=8

Unhappy Head Count

Any Takers?

Hey Mercer, I'll probably make it. Will let you know for sure closer to the date.

What time are we meeting there?
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

I'll check my my book to see if I can make it. But so far it looks like I'll be there. Maybe we could meet up some where and caravan together.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Smile Head count

I plan on going..but I won't know untill the last minute..UMMMBurger..OkOk I will be there Tony B

I'll be there!

Looks like im gonna be there.
    adam

Me too

It's looking more and more like I'll be able to head over as well. Do we want to meet there or caravan in?
    - - - - - - -
    Rob Hawley
    Proud Papa of a 2000 Green Dragon #0720
    rlhawley@comcast.net

Angry

Sounds good on the caravan.Where is a good place to meet..I am going south 95-to to Throgsneck..Maybe at bridge area?What time is everyone going? Tony B

Timing

My only limiter is that I need to be back home in NJ by about 7:00 to get to bed for work the next morning (gotta love that 2:45am wake up call!).

What time do the IFX meets normally start? Midday? Afternoon? I definately like the idea of caravaning in -- a whole troop of us rolling in and lining up would definately be cool.

Do we want to meet somewhere close by? Is Mercer's a good spot to at least meet up?

Thumbs up

Mercer's sounds good...Where is Mercer's?? Tony B

Thumbs up Meet at my Place!

I propose that we meet around 1 pm ish at my place:

278 Fulton Street
    North Babylon, NY 11704

My Cell# 917 622 6810

We could BBQ and maybe do some modding, then once everyone gets here, roll over to the Park VX style.

The most direct route to the house is to take the Southern State Parkway to exit 36N go past 3 Traffic Lights, then Make a right after the OK gas station, go past 3 STOP SIGNS the house is your right.

MapQuest seems to work also if you're not familiar with the territory.
    Please call me with any questions, also please post if you are planning on attending and if you are bringing along any goodies, so we can get an accurate food & headcount.

Sounds like we're gonna have a hell of a good time.
    See you there!