Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: opinion of these wheels and tires?

opinion of these wheels and tires?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1349449291.html

so i'm thinkin about these, I reeeeeally wanted black wheels so i'll probably paint or powder coat these. but what does everyone thing, I do want 285/75/50 so what do ya'll think of the price, I was thinking about offering 750 or 800

I say "jump on it." , but first check the bolt pattern and offset.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

go for it

I love my Terra grapplers as an all around tire and i love the classic looks of the those wheels. Do it.
    nznsi

Also make sure the center bore is big enough. We have a bigger hub than most.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

its up to you but

paying that much only to have to powder coat is too rich for my blood. I would bet you could get black rims for what you are offering and I am also not sure what that style would look like black I like the black/silver look myself
    Last edited by circmand : 10/27/2009 at 10:24 PM

you want black?

www.tirerack.com $150 each $139 for 20s sorry you need to go there the stock pic transfered not the one with the black rims
    Last edited by circmand : 10/27/2009 at 10:24 PM

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    paying that much only to have to powder coat is too rich for my blood. I would bet you could get black rims for what you are offering and I am also not sure what that style would look like black I like the black/silver look myself
    I agree, its not a bad deal but I think it would be better to buy wheels you're completely happy with. The tire are good though, you should see if the seller will split up the tires/rims and offer him around $500 for the tires.

IMO, I don't think they're bad looking rims and you may like the chrome better once you put em' on the VX.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I agree, its not a bad deal but I think it would be better to buy wheels you're completely happy with. The tire are good though, you should see if the seller will split up the tires/rims and offer him around $500 for the tires.

IMO, I don't think they're bad looking rims and you may like the chrome better once you put em' on the VX.
    X2
    Go for them
    Dakar was just the begining.

oh yes chrome

I did not think about it but check these rims for chrome peeling. After going through two sets on the VX I have sworn off chrome. BTW I looked into powder coating the chrome rims that I had and it was over $150 per rim so check for prices before you buy.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I did not think about it but check these rims for chrome peeling. After going through two sets on the VX I have sworn off chrome. BTW I looked into powder coating the chrome rims that I had and it was over $150 per rim so check for prices before you buy.
    I believe that if you google Mickey Thompson Classic II, you'll find that these wheels are polished aluminium.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=t4

Yeah, fitment issues should be your biggest concern. If the center bore is for GM it will not work for you. If the center bore is for imports, you should be good to go. You may also want to go to the Mickey Thompson website and check the offset/backspacing. Also check the wheel tire thread Rick Shaw started as you will find pics of VX's with different offsets and sizes to get an idea how these would look on yours.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I believe that if you google Mickey Thompson Classic II, you'll find that these wheels are polished aluminium.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=t4
    IIRC Mickey Thompson had a partnership with Alcoa Aluminum to build their rims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

285/75/50? That must be a huge tire!

In all seriousness, the tires are nice but I'm not sold on the rim design. They look like they'd go great on a classic Bronco or Blazer, but I don't think they'd mesh well with a futuristic Japanese design.

Quote Originally Posted by previper View Post
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1349449291.html

so i'm thinkin about these, I reeeeeally wanted black wheels so i'll probably paint or powder coat these. but what does everyone thing, I do want 285/75/50 so what do ya'll think of the price, I was thinking about offering 750 or 800
    by the time you powder coat you could probably go new. i just bought some 17" American Racing teflon wheels which almost match the cladding perfect with Nitto Grapplers for about $1200. i'll post some pics and particulars later...really come down to cost of PC
    Stupid SHOULD be painful

Center bore issues.