Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10 Worst Cars of the Last Decade

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I have driven mine
    1. Vt to Pa and back several times
    2. Pa to Houston Tx
    3. Houston to AZ.

I have always felt the VX a very comfortable ride when the roads were in decent shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    I really hate to get in a vehicle and feel like I'm sitting on someone's couch. And the longer the trip is, the more I need to be in a vehicle that I really love to drive. Most of the "negatives" in that article actually seem like positives to me.........I'll just fire up the ol' interplanetary drive every chance I get!

Randy
    X 2...

My 80+ yr. old Mother has a gigantic boat of a car...Merc somethinerother...same as a Crown Vic.
    It wallows down the road like a whale on marshmallows, no sensory input whatsoever.
    Back in 04-05, I drove her to Wisconsin in the VX for a reunion & she marveled at how good she felt after spending 5-6 hrs. on the road.
    Granted, it was all smooth interstate, but the Recaros did their job admirably IMO.

I guess it all comes down to your build & personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    What!?! I drive it 16 hours to Moab.The Recaros are sweet!
    Funny, just today the guy replacing my windshield said he "wanted to buy my seats".......and the guy at the front desk thought my car was brand new, and loved it, asked a bunch of questions.....that is so fun when somebody shows such interest.

p.s. (windshield #2 in 3 months....gotta love little rocks flying at ya!)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Let's not forget that Motor Trend magazine has already named the VX a future classic and that Truck Trend has placed the VX #7 on their all time best trucks list. Huh???? Cars.com????

While I sold my VX for a Q5, I remember coming home from a long work trip and loving getting into my VX. Any rental car I drove made me long for and appreciate my VX. She was my daily driver for 6 years and never had a complaint about the ride. My complaints were with the windows not working and constantly fading headlight covers. Other then that she never failed me mechanically.

For me, the seats are some of the most comfortable things I have ever driven in. For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. My guess is that his extra weight causes a rougher ride both for him and the feel of the vehicle. I say this because the ride is rarely bad when I drive alone. But there are many more jolts with him or heavy load in the car and some bumps feel a lot worse. So there may be something to my theory.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TexVeX View Post
    For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. So there may be something to my theory.
    BUWAHAHAHA! Now dat rite der iz funnie!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

The writer is an idiot and is simply a hater cuz he wasn't able to get one. Best car in the world and people still stop me to ask me what it is and can't believe it's almost 10 yrs old. I tell them it's a 2012 model cuz that's the year it was on the movie "Mission to Mars". They believe it. I've driven past Ferraris in LA and they look at me more than I look at them. I only look to see them look at me and covet my car more than theirs.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

I have the strong impression that the writer isn't necessarily an idiot, just ignorant. As in, probably never sat in or drove any of the cars on the list. I took several car magazines for a number of years and I seem to remember a lot of the same phrases in those reviews. Methinks the author read a bunch of other reviews and "cherry-picked" their comments for his article.

You are no doubt right!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I've driven past Ferraris in LA and they look at me more than I look at them. I only look to see them look at me and covet my car more than theirs.
    yes sir!!! i spent a summer in malibu... and my VX got MUCH more attention than any: bentley, ferrari, lambo, mercedes, BMW

i loved to watch the guys in those cars looking at my car in envy because there are 5 ferrari's per block in malibu...

oh ya, and they all looked at me like i was nuts driving down PCH with mud tires....haha
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I've driven all the way across the country 3 times and back in my VX and its extremely quiet and comfortable. I had a sore butt driving to cincinatti and back in a $130,000 BMW a couple years ago and realized how amazingly comfortable the VX is. But the whole tone of the article is that one little defect is enough to make a car the worst.... hey the Aztek was put on just for bad styling and the Catera for bad advertizing so don't take it too hard!
    Canadian VXer!

Opinions are like back-sides (nice way to put it) EVERY ONE has one. First the VX did not 'Last'¯ from 1999-2001 it was planned to only be built for a short period of time. As far as the FANG's go maybe it should eat some people up, I can think of two right now. As far as 'A place no one wanted to be'¯it is strange that all you people out there in vehicross.info land seem to like driving yours. And the ride being 'a punishing'¯must mean the have very soft behinds gained from sitting behind the computer screen all day long. Maybe if they were to get outside more they might have a little fun other than video games. Last point of about where it belongs, 'It belongs in my garage'¯.

Have a nice day
    nemo
    Last edited by nemo : 10/17/2009 at 04:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TexVeX View Post
    For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. My guess is that his extra weight causes a rougher ride ... I say this because the ride is rarely bad when I drive alone. But there are many more jolts with him ... and some bumps feel a lot worse.
    UMMM ... Am I reading too much between the lines or are we even talkin 'bout cars any more???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.