Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10 Worst Cars of the Last Decade

10 Worst Cars of the Last Decade

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I love my VX, but I would agree with the write up as it stands as an off the lot daily driver description. It is uncomfortable for long periods of time, especially compared to any other SUV, other than a Wrangler, ridiculously expensive(sticker price), and small. I can't imagine having one for anything other than offroading.

Let the flaming begin:

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

yes but

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I love my VX, but I would agree with the write up as it stands as an off the lot daily driver description. It is uncomfortable for long periods of time, especially compared to any other SUV, other than a Wrangler, ridiculously expensive(sticker price), and small. I can't imagine having one for anything other than offroading.

Let the flaming begin:
    8th worst car built in the last 10 years? I bet this guy drive a 2-3 year old white sedan.

Gear

Let the flaming begin:

I do agree with few & don't with others....

1-Very pricey
    2-Lack of headroom
    3-Bumpy ride...yes,my butt hurts
    4-No view further then the lenght of your nose

1-Comfortable for long rides
    2-Noisy ? Where ?
    3-Extreme style.
    Dakar was just the begining.

lol

The video of the Car and Driver test called it a "Fullsize" spare
    I could care less what others think. I love the Vehicross. Always have. I still get compliments and looks on it. Even from members of my 4wd club who have much larger and more built jeeps and toyotas and hummers. They're amazed at how well it wheels stock and with the couple little mods i've made. One kid loved the flex, especially when i told him the sway bars were still hooked up.

That's why i bought mine and love it so. Who cares what others think. I own my dream car.
    nznsi

It is uncomfortable for long periods of time
    What!?! I drive it 16 hours to Moab.The Recaros are sweet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I think it varies from person to person. Went on a trail ride last weekend that lasted all day. My wife was complaining about the seats. The drivers is broken and leans a bit. The pass. is perfect structurally (sp?) I was sore and told her i'd gladly swap seats. I enjoyed the trail ride and driving in the vx in general alot more than she could ever understand so it's with that mindset i look past its lovable idiosynchrasies (sp?) (blast me tryin to be smart with big words to impress you all) I can see how people dislike them. they are more firm and mixed with the firm ride they definitely don't feel like caddy seats. I like them...will like once i fix mine.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    The VX does not belong on this list. I doubt either of these guys ever even drove one. They claim "the low roof blocked even shorter driver's view." Earth to the idiots on Cars.com, I'm 6'6" and dont have any idea what you're talking about.

By their standards, my 350z should also be on the list. It seats two, cost $35,000 new, the cabin noise is unfortuntely way louder than the VX, and it has a very stiff ride. BTW the 350z is awesome and shouldn't be on this list... neither should the VX and thats the point.

Thank you Cars.com for making me dumber from reading your article

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    While I agree with the fact the Recaros are sweet, when compared to other vehicle seats, they are not all that comfortable. I ride in a SAS Rodeo RS at Uwharrie, those seats were stock, and amazingly comfortable!!! But big picture, for long periods of time, keeping my leg turned sideways so it can be on the pedals w/o hitting gas and brake at the same time and just so it fits, no drink holder, no arm rest on the left, bumpy, not sure about noise(I know mine is loud, but I made it that way), and the limited visibility add up to "no fun" for me on a long drive. For those that use the VX as your primary vehicle, "Bless your little hearts". I am just grateful that I have my Expedition to pull the VX for extended trips.

Once again, I love my VX, but it was not designed to be a normal SUV, which is what it is compared to, hence the write-up it received.

They say punishing ride...

I say stiff and sporty. Stiff and sporty = fun. Hell at my age when I can sport a stiffy its hella fun! Well, truth be told, most sports these days just make me sore... and stiff. Groan

Arrow

The VX wasn't meant for all kind of drivers & much less for tall drivers,the low head room & the inclination degree of the windshield makes for tall drivers almost impossible to watch towards the sky & still force them to tilt the seats backwards for leg room.
    I'm 5'8 & my forehead have been knock out by the door frame many times & every time it happens my girl looks at me & laugh about it,she went further ( as isuzu stats ) & printed a bright amber "watch your head gussie" sticker for me to place it on the door frame so every time i open the door i don't knock it any more.
    Anyways guys,we got to remember that this little toy wasn't meant to be produced & sold to the public 'till the same public wows about it & we didn't want any mods done to it,we wanted as shown at the autoshow so that's what Isuzu did.

long drives

I have driven mine
    1. Vt to Pa and back several times
    2. Pa to Houston Tx
    3. Houston to AZ.

I have always felt the VX a very comfortable ride when the roads were in decent shape.

imho... that story's a heap of ****e.

Although as the owner of both a Vehicross and a Yaris (Old style - Echo without the sticky-on bit at the back) I would say that.

A

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Driving comfort is a relative thing....

I've been a member of the addiction for a year and a half now, and I love the ride. I know the ride is harsh for some, but that stiff suspension is what makes it fun to drive. I really hate to get in a vehicle and feel like I'm sitting on someone's couch. And the longer the trip is, the more I need to be in a vehicle that I really love to drive. Most of the "negatives" in that article actually seem like positives to me.........I'll just fire up the ol' interplanetary drive every chance I get!

Randy