Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone Got Into My VX Last Night

Someone Got Into My VX Last Night

****ers!

3 hooded cnuts got into my VX last night, no idea how as thank fully there was no window broken and the locks were ok. They got spooked by my housemate who heard a noise. They left a piece of scaffold pole on the ground, presumably to break windows with so thank god they got in easy as i cant get a replacement!!

There was nothing really in there, they made a mess and stole a big tyre iron which is a bit worrying. Im getting an alarm fitted today
    Last edited by crotchrocket : 09/14/2009 at 03:26 AM
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Gutted, thieving little *******, My sis's car got broken into the other day at the gym car park they put a screw driver under the lock popped the handle out halfway and lifted the unlock rod.

Not sure if they went through the vehicle as my sub and amp are still in the boot lucky .

Tho 4 other cars got done over too. prob around 6pm.

I might upgrade my alarm later too as mine isnt the best

pit bull

I'm so so sorry to hear that. Lucky it didn't get damaged. I had to get an approved alarm and immobilizer fitted as a condition of the insurance. It is a Cobra and cost 180 fully fitted (they also removed the unapproved one for the price) , and it has a remote fob and also controls the door locks - very nice. I'm afraid that any car that nice, expensive or unusual gets noticed by the bastards. The other thing you could do is keep a bit bull in the back the ultimate any theft device.

PS make sure that the alarm is fitted by an industry approved fitter and you get a certificate from them as this can be sent to your insurer which will reduce the premium.

Have got a Clifford Avante Guard coming tomorrow with proximity sensors, tilt sensor, glass interferance sensor, door boot and bonnet sensors, imobilisor,anti car jacking mode and a few other trick bits (didnt see the need for the remote start), Its costing a bit but my baby will be safe!! I think the salesman was playing on my fragile state as short of a minigun on a tripod near by its as safe as a car can get lol i may have gone overboard a bit!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Dwelling mounted, self aiming/heat seeking laser cannons...triggered by the alarm...

Nice.....LIKE IT !!!!!

Have a dog? Make your vehicle the dog house for the night. Nothing like some soon-to-be kibble thief popping open a door only to have a doberman launch out at his throat.

Don't think I haven't thought about it....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Have a dog? Make your vehicle the dog house for the night. Nothing like some soon-to-be kibble thief popping open a door only to have a doberman launch out at his throat.

Don't think I haven't thought about it....
    would be a good idea for a game add in..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Makes me so thankful to have a garage, especially since (at the moment) the doors are half-broken and would probably give the would-be burgalar a hernia before he got them open.

Sorry for the incident, but like you said, thankfully they didn't break a window, tear a seat, etc. - things that would have been very difficult to replace.

I am very greatfull out the outcome!!! just hurts to pay £500 on an alarm when that would pay for a roof rack, spot lamps, boot build etc

No indication then as to how they were able to get inside without breaking anything?

I found out the hard way years back that there was an easy way for thieves to get into another vehicle I owned at the time. I had an alarm installed on that one because no modifications could be easily done to prevent that type of access, but if there's anything that could be added or modified on the VX to make it more difficult in future attempts...

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    ... didnt see the need for the remote start
    Thats a bugger James, but glad there was no damage!

It's a shame I didn't know earlier - I've got a mate who's a mobile alarm fitter - he would've done you a good deal!!!!

I have the remote start on my Paj and it's well cool :-). With the clifford, you'll have one or two spare 'channels' that you can wire to your headlights and horn for example. It's great fun when people come for a close look at the Paj and you start it up or bib the horn or turn the lights on from the house!

I have a cobra alarm on my VX with no trickery, but I'm thinking about it!

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Sucks that your VX got violated by some little punks, glad to hear no damage. New alarm?...
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Sucks that your VX got violated by some little punks, glad to hear no damage. New alarm?...
    Dang Billy...did you pick that up in Moab somewhere?
    I've been wondering where that went...
    Same exact grip & everything...

Kidding about losing it of course, but the exact same grip that they only sold about a million of?...uncanny...

Last edited by Ldub : 09/15/2009 at 12:15 AM

BOOO

In all the messing around this morning i didnt bother looking in the boot as it was all there from what i can see but they stole my recovery bag with all 200 quid of off road gear ALL my ropes, shackles, high vis, KERR rope etc etc.....gutted