Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: somewhat bad news

Jack, this is sad news indeed. When I saw the title of your post my heart dropped as I had a feeling about what was coming. I know that the decision to sell the VX was VERY hard for you, but that just means that there is another/better one in your future.

I'm sorry that you're going through this little "test" now, but you're good people and I know you'll pull through and come out the other side an even better person.

If there is ANYTHING that I can do for you don't hesitate to PM, email or call.

P.S. - Could Whit sell her car and keep the VX?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post

P.S. - Could Whit sell her car and keep the VX?
    mark, thats been a serious consideration.. along with insuring it under her name and me driving it 'with her permission'

but she needs something that is cheap to drive and maintain... which unfortunatly the VX is not...

i already hate paying to maintain 2 cars of my own.. much less my own car and someone elses (especially a girls car that would get tore up)

good idea though, we actually discussed that and she was down, but its just not practical for her and i think her parents would be PISSED
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU

Sad day...

Thats too bad Jack, I was hoping to get together sometime. I know what it's like being a poor college student but once you're done and start working, you'll have plenty of money to buy a new VX. I finally bought a new car once I graduated .

Stay in touch and i'll let you know when i'm in your area. Not to bring up a touchy subject but I am pretty interested in your roof rack and since you're local I could pick it up. Let me know if you want to part with it.

Dang Jon, what a vulture. I'm totally kidding. Don't think I haven't been thinking about parts.

On a similar note (the meeting, not the vulture) we should get the Colorado VXers together one more time before you let Stitch go Jack.

Jack,
    That sucks bro, but at least you are doing the right thing and accepting the consequences for your actions.
    It is a huge bummer that you are thinking of selling the VX. I have seen you drive it, and you do it well. I don't know that anyone else could make that VX throw up a wall of water like you did!
    Now who is going to do the rear bumper project!!!!!!!!!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Arrow

[QUOTE=MSHardeman;172747]Dang Jon, what a vulture. I'm totally kidding. Don't think I haven't been thinking about parts.

LOL you guys almost made me piss my pants LOL.

I bet my life when handyman & mikemol get to read this thread it will be a hell of vulture war for those racks.

Anyways jack you got to do what you have to do;It's sad when you have to part with something you didn't want or had any plans to do so.

Hope you don't stop hanging around as how few of us did.

And pretty soon overheard you got another toy;Till then be a good PBKid & get that diploma in your hands.
    Dakar was just the begining.

"I bet my life when handyman & mikemol get to read this thread it will be a hell of vulture war for those racks." Gussie2000

I offered to rent it till he gets another VX...He said I could just keep it for him cause he knew it would be in good hands.LOL j/k VULTURES !!!!!!
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

On a similar note (the meeting, not the vulture) we should get the Colorado VXers together one more time before you let Stitch go Jack.
    im down... but that would have to be in the next 2-3 weeks (im hoping no longer than 3 weeks till i have the money in my hand )

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Jack,
    That sucks bro, but at least you are doing the right thing and accepting the consequences for your actions. thats all i can do for now, and try to figure out how to make it not ruin my career (for now that means lot of internships and training courses to make me look better than the other applicants even though i have a tough driving record
    It is a huge bummer that you are thinking of selling the VX. I have seen you drive it, and you do it well. I don't know that anyone else could make that VX throw up a wall of water like you did! LOL, thanks... dont worry, the runner should be able to keep up, and if not.... then more of the skinny pedal
    Now who is going to do the rear bumper project!!!!!!!!!!!
    and on the bumper project...i dunno, guess there is only 1 person that has the tools and the spare time to build one *cough* Marlinstein *cough*...
    ill give you my plans if you like

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post

I offered to rent it till he gets another VX...He said I could just keep it for him cause he knew it would be in good hands.LOL j/k VULTURES !!!!!!
    ya, for all you vultures, handee has first dibs on roof rack....

however, im still not 100% sure im gonna sell the VX specific parts, otherwise im gonna have to find em again when i get my next VX, and it may be more difficult and expensive at that point in time.
    plus, i figure i can always sell them at a later date

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    and on the bumper project...i dunno, guess there is only 1 person that has the tools and the spare time to build one *cough* Marlinstein *cough*...
    ill give you my plans if you like
    :
    Dude, shoot me your plan, I should finish my front test and subsequent mod on Sunday. Does your plan integrate the hitch? I thought about building off of that...maybe add a rear stinger to protect my rear mounted spare.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    with the recent bad luck im not going to be able to afford to have comp&collision on my vehicross, and therefore will not be able to drive it (being a poor college kid i cant risk having the most valuable thing i own not safe) for a period of 5 years....since thats how long they increase your insurance when you lose your license.

so, im not going to let a car like this just sit in my garage for 5 years while i drive a piece of junk. therefore im going to be selling my VX in the next couple of weeks.
    Jack- sad to hear you're going to be giving up something you hold so dear. I know you've thought this through probably only a billion times or so, but why can't you sell your Integra and use that to pay for the 5 yrs of extra insurance premium and VX maintenance??

In any event, I wish you only the best and when we're in Moab and I'm too tired for a long trail day you can take my VX for the run!! It might not be as fun as yours, but it's still a VX (with way better tires than this year !) The offer is open.....just so long as you try to bring it back in one piece!

p.s. - Maybe now you'll finally tell me if it was you that fixed my back door???
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Dude, shoot me your plan, I should finish my front test and subsequent mod on Sunday. Does your plan integrate the hitch? yes I thought about building off of that...maybe add a rear stinger to protect my rear mounted spare. absolutely! my worst fear in the VX is getting rear ended...ill talk to you about how i was gonna integrate a stinger with a non square rear end.
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Jack- sad to hear you're going to be giving up something you hold so dear. I know you've thought this through probably only a billion times or so, but why can't you sell your Integra and use that to pay for the 5 yrs of extra insurance premium and VX maintenance?? too high of a risk, if something major were to happen to my VX, like the motor going out again, i would be in some serious trouble... whereas if i get the runner ill have over 5k left over for mod's and repairs

In any event, I wish you only the best and when we're in Moab and I'm too tired for a long trail day you can take my VX for the run!! sounds great, and i appreciate the offer....i promise that ill treat it better than my own It might not be as fun as yours, but it's still a VX (with way better tires than this year !) The offer is open.....just so long as you try to bring it back in one piece! i dont think i could drive anothers VX in moab, its too high of a risk of body damage to trust myself with someone else's baby

p.s. - Maybe now you'll finally tell me if it was you that fixed my back door???
    you'll never know about your back door

maybe one day, when i retire from this website ill let you know (ya... like that will happen...)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Dang Jon, what a vulture. I'm totally kidding. Don't think I haven't been thinking about parts.

I tried Mark, but it looks like I was passed up

I'm of course down for a Colorado get together, just tell me when and where. Colorado Colors should be coming up very soon...right??? There are a lot of Aspens changing colors around here.

auhhhhhh Jack.......I'm sorry to hear the news. I'm not sure what I can do, but if you need something let me know.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    auhhhhhh Jack.......I'm sorry to hear the news. I'm not sure what I can do, but if you need something let me know.
    Peace.
    Tom
    unforunately the only option for now is to hope its not too hard to find another VX in the future.

"ya, for all you vultures, handee has first dibs on roof rack...." pbkid

You da man Jack!
    And yes, JAMAS , mikemol and I are on a mission. We are going to corner the roof rack market if we ever get one.lol