Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: somewhat bad news

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

somewhat bad news

well guys, i managed to get myself into quite a pickle. i got into some financial trouble and legal trouble at the same time.
    the legal trouble has unfortunately removed my license for a period of 9 months, with eligibility to use an interlock after 2 months(thing you have to blow into to start your car)

with the recent bad luck im not going to be able to afford to have comp&collision on my vehicross, and therefore will not be able to drive it (being a poor college kid i cant risk having the most valuable thing i own not safe) for a period of 5 years....since thats how long they increase your insurance when you lose your license.

so, im not going to let a car like this just sit in my garage for 5 years while i drive a piece of junk. therefore im going to be selling my VX in the next couple of weeks. i have found a 98 4runner that will be its replacement, its a reliable car thats been well taken care of and will be cheap enough that i will feel comfortable only having liability on it.

so, i just wanted to let you guys know that i will still remain an active member here (as long as you can accept my non-VX ways).... and eventually WILL get another VX once this bad luck is in the past and my financial situation betters.

im gonna be compiling a list of parts im looking for to get my vehicross in good enough shape to sell, i hope you guys can help me get it put back together and sold so i can continue to enjoy 4wheeling, going to the mountains and visiting moab once a year with my chosen family.

ill post up a new thread soon once i remove the parts im taking with me and get the VX in tip-top shape...

i will also have a few VX specific parts for sale that i will also put up soon.

thanks for being a great group to be a part of, and i dont worry, im not leaving, only my VX for now....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Back To The Primitive!

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Bad luck dude! Hope everything works out! And as you said everyone on here is here for ya!!

I still go on my old celica forums and im celica less

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Thats just makes me...

Gonna miss chasing ya all over Moab ..at least for a few years.

But hey Jack...you'll be back.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Jack, sorry to hear that.
    I was in a similar position many years ago, and it sucks.
    Different reason, but no still no license.
    But hang in there - don't be silly and drive without your ticket. The 2 months until the restricted license will go quickly, and then common sense prevails.
    And now that you have experienced one VX, you know exactly what to look for in the next one.

With me being from so far away, I often imagine what it would be like to meet up with some of my VX family, just based on the stories and posts on this forum.
    You are one of the good ones on my list, so don't go away.

Best regards

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Thumbs down

Jack.

I don't like bad news,sorry you got into this situation & now you are actually forced to let go your beloved toy

Hope in the near future things get better & you can be back with another toy to play with.

Keep us posted buddy
    Dakar was just the begining.

I am so sorry to hear about that. Over 2,000 posts tells me that this was a very hard decision to finally throw in the towel and do what is best for you financially. Consider this as a good time to save some money and worry about getting through college. By the time you are comfortable to get a VX again, you will have a good job with money to burn. I would say definitely hang on to all the parts that are hard to come by because you will either need them when you get another VX or you can always sell them if you don't. I havent been to any of the "Events" but I am willing to bet, someone will let you ride in, or drive a VX to keep the spirit alive.

And remember......the problems you are going through now are quickly going to become a page in history that you get to refer back to when talking with friends. If nothing ever happened to anyone, no one would ever have anything interesting to talk about.

Good Luck!

That sucks Jack. Sad to see you have to give it up after all youve been through. Hopefully you dont stop coming around like some of the members who sold theirs and said they would be around.

If Cari decides to let me go to Moab next year instead of her brothers graduation, I will have an open seat. Your more than welcome to it.

Bummer man! You know someone has to ask why you wouldn't get rid of the Integra or Prelude, whichever one you own, instead...? Having one vehicle instead of two is so much easier to manage. I'm sure you have your reasons; I am just curious...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Double Check before selling

I have had the bad luck too experience this before. First you can sometimes get permission to drive to work/school/dui classes etc. Also I never had an increase in my premiums as my record was good aside from this. The classes cost a small fortune and are worthless just some MADD propaganda for 13 weeks saying how bad drinking is. Hope things work out for you. BTW given the low cost and availability of the VX I would not carry a high insurance policy on it anyway. If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident that totals the rig buy another one.

That sucks, Jack. Sorry to hear about this.

Bart

i appreciate the heartfelt words guys.
    dont worry, im not gonna dissapear, im too close to this family. at first when this happened i was gonna keep my VX and drive my acura full time. but that has a few issues: i dont get to 4wheel anymore, its hard to take my dog wherever i go, cant go a lot of places in the snow. and lastly by the time i was able to drive my VX again, it would need some serious work (gas would go bad, hoses would rot, ETC)

the good news is that im getting a 4x4 V6, with a factory rear locker.... so i WILL be at the meets, just staying out of the pictures
    i will be in moab.... hell its my favorite vacation of the year, i have to be there!

justin- it just doesnt make sense to let the VX sit, it would be more maintnence than its worth, i would rather sell BOTH cars and enjoy the same things i do now with my vx... plus im gonna have some money left over for repairs/paying off school debt. and ill just buy another VX in the future when i get more financially stabile, and i get to start with a blank slab at that point

PK- if you ever make it over here ill be sure to make it to whatever meet you deem necessary to get over here for i promise, if its that big of a meet ill be there!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about that. Over 2,000 posts tells me that this was a very hard decision to finally throw in the towel and do what is best for you financially. Consider this as a good time to save some money and worry about getting through college. By the time you are comfortable to get a VX again, you will have a good job with money to burn. I would say definitely hang on to all the parts that are hard to come by because you will either need them when you get another VX or you can always sell them if you don't. I havent been to any of the "Events" but I am willing to bet, someone will let you ride in, or drive a VX to keep the spirit alive.

And remember......the problems you are going through now are quickly going to become a page in history that you get to refer back to when talking with friends. If nothing ever happened to anyone, no one would ever have anything interesting to talk about.

Good Luck!
    Well said & good advice...

Sorry for your troubles Jack, been through it myself & it's a drag...

Know that you WILL come out the other side of this much richer for the experience...it's the "going through it" that's the suck part.

Brother, this too shall pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Well said & good advice...

Sorry for your troubles Jack, been through it myself & it's a drag...

Know that you WILL come out the other side of this much richer for the experience...it's the "going through it" that's the suck part.

Brother, this too shall pass...
    thanks bro... ive actually been working through it already... already havent had a license for 2 months and i havent even been to court yet
    actually when i went camping and wheeling a few weeks ago Whit had to drive to the campspot and to the trailhead

time will pass, that im not worried about.... its my career that im scared of, dont know how its going to affect that...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    time will pass, that im not worried about....
    THAT my friend, couldn't be more true. I turn 34 this year and I simply CANNOT BELIEVE how fast life is going. Every year goes by faster.

Bart