Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: turn signal relay ??

Thanks, Orion.

I just ordered one. I tried to find a flasher a year ago when I decided against adding more load resistors or replacing the ones I have. I did install resistors in-line with the tail lights, and I went too many ohms (6 ohm on each side, and I should have gone 3 ohm each?). Bottomline, I have hyper-flash Turn, but normal speed Hazard. I hope this flasher does the trick. Thanks again.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just did the flasher relay swap. Super easy and fast. Just reach your arm up under dash from below -- without disassembling anything. It's location is behind (toward engine bay) fuse panel, up (toward sky) above fuse panel, and on the far left side of vehicle (when facing steering wheel from seat). The old relay is held in with a little plastic clip on top. The new superlumination one is slightly larger and doesn't use the clip. You may have to bend the clip out of the way (with fingers) to get the superlumination part to fit.
    Last edited by vxcp : 05/11/2014 at 04:17 PM

Flasher quest

Quote Originally Posted by vxcp View Post
    Just did the flasher relay swap. Super easy and fast. Just reach your arm up under dash from below -- without disassembling anything. It's location is behind (toward engine bay) fuse panel, up (toward sky) above fuse panel, and on the far left side of vehicle (when facing steering wheel from seat). The old relay is held in with a little plastic clip on top. The new superlumination one is slightly larger and doesn't use the clip. You may have to bend the clip out of the way (with fingers) to get the superlumination part to fit.
    Hehe, "super easy and fast", words of doom and failure in my book. Just spent the past hour trying to find that ?@#$%^ flasher, but to no avail. Will give it another try, then will let a knowledgeable tech at Alltech do the exchange, lest I loose it and subject my dash to crowbar mods.

Flasher relay is pretty far up. Might have to reach your arm up under the dash just about as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vxcp View Post

Flasher relay is pretty far up. Might have to reach your arm up under the dash just about as much as possible.
    Thanks. Too hot in the garage, now, for any more tinkering. Will try in the morning. Wednesday, scheduled to get my windows and window washers repaired at Alltech. If I fail at replacing the flasher tomorrow morning, will just add replacing the flasher to Wednesday's appointment.

Had Best Buy's Geek Squad replace my Vehicross stock radio with a new satellite radio, iPod, MP3, etc., compatible, bluetooth ready, HD radio receiver, Friday. Their solo technician, Tony, did an excellent job in about an hour even while chatting with me most of the time. Back in the 70s, installed a new stereo in my then new Datsun B210. Only took me about 2 days.

Sure thing. Good luck!