Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bummed Out !

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Nice, but I can tell you were not military trained or your group would be 2 to the chest 1 to the head!

OK Billy, I'm busted! I copied the sign off the internet (cause i like the saying). I wasn't too impressed with the grouping. OH and by the by, Rifle Expert, Pistol Expert, U.S.M.C. here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    500,000 expat Brits can't be wrong......Come to Florida! Put the chill dampness behind you.....no state income tax, just seals the deal. For the money you are talking about, you can have a 2600 sq ft home with a pool, 2 car garage, and 1/3 acre yard! And NOT in a war zone.....no vest required! The locals even speak the language.....albeit a funny and strange version of it......but you'll catch on quickly enough! Problem solved!
    Good Idea Chopper, love to have Crotchrocket here..he could set up his business and Claire could own a chain of car washes. We'd have em sayin ya'll before ya know it.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    Hey me too!!! I work in a property developers www.abnassetti.com (new website launching at the end of the week so check it out then!!) doing the design work, architectural drawings, project management etc. Lets move to Moab and start a practice although not sure there’s much out there to practice on!!
    There's not. ...much to practice on there, I mean! ...Even if the economy was less gloomy, there wouldn't be. A career that allows you to work from home in any part of the world is my dream job. An acquaintance of mine develops video games (cheesy ones) and has lived in Cali, Vegas, the mountains of Colorado, Scotland... he just moved back to Colorado having the same job the whole time.

What CAD software are you using over there anyway? I have used AutoCAD for 13 years, Revit for 2 years (off and on), Impression for 1 year (off and on).
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

What a fun post! "Long haul trucker life"... that may suit me just fine because I have yet to find a lady who can put up with me! Bittersweet! I used to live in Boise... not long (summer between college years) but it was in '97, I think. I wanted to move there permanently at the time. The population has since tripled and it has changed quite a bit. The last time I was in Boise SPAZZ and I installed the 4.77 3rd members in my VX! After that visit, Boise no longer interests me. It's just as you said, too many Californians moved in... same thing happened when I lived in Denver! Take any booming American city and I think what you will find in common is an abundance of illegal immigrants, a growing Texan population, and a growing Californian influence and population - that statemnt is kind of redundant, I know, but what do you get from that combo? ...Another city full of the worst drivers who moved to get away from the southern border and the gangs their teenagers belonged to!

You are right about the beer here. Sure, they got rid of the membership requirements a couple months ago, but now any time someone under 35 goes into a bar they have to sign what I call a permission slip. It's almost like you have to have a credit check just to drink in Utah - ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knivx View Post
    Long haul trucker life is hard on a family. My wife hated me being gone all the time so i took a pay cut and a local driving job. I live in southern Idaho where we have most of the city kind of stuff but not as much of the crime. And extremely affordable living and housing. And offroading we have mild to extreme rock crawling, mud, sand dunes and simple fire roads (greenlanes in English?) all within an hour drive. If only we could get the Californian's to stop moving here and put a limit on the Northbound travel from Utah we'd be set (except the good one's who drive sanely and own Isuzu's) Yep Idaho, birthplace of great things like TV and......the potato? Plus we have decent (normal) beer (another jab at Utah for those of you not from the area) Just don't expect the weather to act the least bit normal or anything. Plus it makes vacation's to such places as Moab reasonable and helps the magic along.... or something.
    (off my soapbox)

Quote Originally Posted by Knivx View Post
    If only we could get the Californian's to stop moving here
    Yeah, same goes for Nevada. I got a "Smoking Vehicle Observation Report" letter from the DMV this week. My guess is some California hippy driving a Prius saw the Trooper puff a little smoke and called the "hotline". Frickin ridiculous. I passed emissions 3 months ago and I have never seen any smoke spew from the Trooper...I can't say the same for my VX however.

500,000 expat Brits can't be wrong......Come to Florida! Put the chill dampness behind you.....no state income tax, just seals the deal. For the money you are talking about, you can have a 2600 sq ft home with a pool, 2 car garage, and 1/3 acre yard! And NOT in a war zone.....no vest required! The locals even speak the language.....albeit a funny and strange version of it......but you'll catch on quickly enough! Problem solved!
    Palm Coast must be in northern Florida. Cause lemmi tell ya, Dade and Broward Counties are not nice places to live, imo. The worst crime I was ever exposed to was when I lived in Florida. And I'll take the cool damp over the hot damp any day! But I am happy here high and dry and with no state income tax either!! Woo Hoo!

Bart

Central east coast.....not Broward at all. We even get frost here. I was a Diesel Demon for some time. I ran dry freight at first, then produce and frozen stuff. Getting married ended that, but as a single person...it was an ideal job for me. Somewhere different every time I opened my eyes. I didn't even have a home for a few years...just a storage locker. I earned enough to buy a home for cash in less than three years. It has been 16 years since I ran Cali to NY in a truck....and I miss it to some extent almost every day. I just love my home, animals, and wife more than I love being a gypsy I guess. But like gravity....I'll always feel the pull.

Central east coast.....not Broward at all. We even get frost here. I was a Diesel Demon for some time. I ran dry freight at first, then produce and frozen stuff. Getting married ended that, but as a single person...it was an ideal job for me. Somewhere different every time I opened my eyes. I didn't even have a home for a few years...just a storage locker. I earned enough to buy a home for cash in less than three years. It has been 16 years since I ran Cali to NY in a truck....and I miss it to some extent almost every day. I just love my home, animals, and wife more than I love being a gypsy I guess. But like gravity....I'll always feel the pull.
    As I said before, you have really lived! It seems you have had just about every occupation there is, aside from stripping... I hope. Eh, I get idea after idea and only act on 10% of them, probably. I suck. Who knows what I will do next...