Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bummed Out !

Crotch, you would love Moab. Hell, you would love the entire Western US. I can't say that we have much work over here right now, but why not shoot some resumes out?

I feel your pain about the living situation. My last flat in Chicago was like this. I had this psycho hippopotamus of a woman living above me that would go freakin' ballistic if she could here my radio or TV through the floor. And then there was this ghetto trash living below me that would come home every night at 3am and rap on his cell phone for 20 minutes outside his door (he lived in the garden unit and got no phone service) which was just below my bedroom window, waking me up EVERY night. Then I found out from my slumlord that he stopped paying rent months ago and they were in the eviction process. The police would regularly visit his place for who knows what and the best part is, I found a heavy duty extension cord coming out of his place that was plugged into the laundry room that we all shared (because he obviously hadn't paid his electric bills either). Bikes were stolen, my grill got stolen 3 times outta my back yard WITH HOT COALS still in it. Just all sorts of petty ridiculous crap. I don't miss the city AT ALL.

Bart

Oh, and I can relate about not having the money to work on your VX. All I can think about lately is getting my Falcon restored and the Trooper where I want it and I don't have enough money to do any of it. Its gonna take a long time. Keeps me up at night.

Bart

thanks for the comments guys!! and Bart, definately sounds like your better off out of there! that Falcon's gonna be awesome!!

Forgot to say leaving the car park this evening the barier decided to drop down half way along, got caught on a roof bar and i ripped the whole barrier arm off.....oops, thankfully not much damage, just the plastic coating. Maybe i'll get some new bars.............................................. ..doubt it!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

looking on google, and yep....Moab looks awesome!! id give up the city life for a happy country life anyday!!! anywhoo, quater to 11, my bed time!!!!

good night and may nobody rob you while you sleep
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    That just bums me out big time Crotchrocket and Zeus. Ya'll (that's southern for you all) are welcome to a copy of my new security sign I put in my yard.Attachment 1184

Seems to be working.
    Nice, but I can tell you were not military trained or your group would be 2 to the chest 1 to the head!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    (we dont have guns here )

Booooo to that. What happens when all hell breaks loose? You throw rocks at the invaders?

I don't know if I would want to live too close to Moab, I think it would lose some if its magic IMHO

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Booooo to that. What happens when all hell breaks loose? You throw rocks at the invaders?

I don't know if I would want to live too close to Moab, I think it would lose some if its magic IMHO
    I know what you mean. I think I would have to live IN Moab for that to be a problem though. I go around 5 or 6 times a year it seems now. I have considered a career change from architecture/design to trucker and THEN moving to Moab. The beauty is I would be working on the road but on vacation when I got home!

Speaking of career changes...I wish I could do something else and make the same kinda money. I am soooooo sick of sitting.

Bart

That is why I love my job, I move every 3 years or so, have been around the world multiple times, probably moving to Japan in 2 years. New job every time. Very cool. Bad part, being away from family and friends for 6-8 months at a time sucks.

Long haul trucker life is hard on a family. My wife hated me being gone all the time so i took a pay cut and a local driving job. I live in southern Idaho where we have most of the city kind of stuff but not as much of the crime. And extremely affordable living and housing. And offroading we have mild to extreme rock crawling, mud, sand dunes and simple fire roads (greenlanes in English?) all within an hour drive. If only we could get the Californian's to stop moving here and put a limit on the Northbound travel from Utah we'd be set (except the good one's who drive sanely and own Isuzu's) Yep Idaho, birthplace of great things like TV and......the potato? Plus we have decent (normal) beer (another jab at Utah for those of you not from the area) Just don't expect the weather to act the least bit normal or anything. Plus it makes vacation's to such places as Moab reasonable and helps the magic along.... or something.
    (off my soapbox)
    nznsi

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Dont tempt me!!!! we've been fantisizing about moving to New Zealand, Canada, America etc !!!
    Dont tempt me!!!! we've been fantisizing about moving to New Zealand

And theres even some Nice Vxs over here for you to choose from

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    I know what you mean. I think I would have to live IN Moab for that to be a problem though. I go around 5 or 6 times a year it seems now. I have considered a career change from architecture/design to trucker and THEN moving to Moab. The beauty is I would be working on the road but on vacation when I got home!
    Hey me too!!! I work in a property developers www.abnassetti.com (new website launching at the end of the week so check it out then!!) doing the design work, architectural drawings, project management etc. Lets move to Moab and start a practice although not sure there’s much out there to practice on!!

500,000 expat Brits can't be wrong......Come to Florida! Put the chill dampness behind you.....no state income tax, just seals the deal. For the money you are talking about, you can have a 2600 sq ft home with a pool, 2 car garage, and 1/3 acre yard! And NOT in a war zone.....no vest required! The locals even speak the language.....albeit a funny and strange version of it......but you'll catch on quickly enough! Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    That is why I love my job, I move every 3 years or so, have been around the world multiple times, probably moving to Japan in 2 years. New job every time. Very cool. Bad part, being away from family and friends for 6-8 months at a time sucks.
    Do I smell a new source for JDM parts?