Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's a Jeep thing

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    aww, you jeepers getting defensive??

i agree though, its more of an idiot driver thing... but that suggests that some jeepers have a tendency to think they are invincible... (key word SOME, but it only takes a few to ruin the reputation of all)
    Very true, I have begun to hate the Street Vibrations week here in Reno because of the few morons that cut people off and what not on their bikes I dont want to drive near ANY of them

No sir, not defensive... annoyed... Now tho, I'll get defensive! Everyone knows Jeeps are abundant, everyone knows lots of people like them, want to own one, has owned one... so there will be several sightings of people in Jeeps practicing idiotic behavior, which is inherent of ALL people. Likewise, if someone went from driving a Civic to an FJ they may want to get it offroad in the city in some sense and end up in the same situation - equally stupid. I heard it said, Tone (rest his soul) single handedly tarnished the view of VXers by other Isuzu folk. If you heard someone bashing VXers because of a run-in with Tone, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't you be annoyed? If a pic of a stuck VX ended up on an Integra forum and everyone decided to bash the lot of us, would you not be annoyed? You were annoyed at hearing how goofy 4-door sports cars are... Now, if that crap was aimed at generalized version of you at every turn by a group you belong to, how would you view those people? I bet you would be annoyed and view them as unclever children.

For all we know, some VX owning, paintballing kid took dad's Jeep out one night and got it stuck in the mud. So if you replace "some Jeepers" with "some people" and keep things 'all encompassing' that way instead, you'd all make a little more sense.

But the "oh another Jeeper doing the Jeep thing"... I mean seriously, where is your imagination? It's like repeating a joke everyone has already heard... or in effect, it's like driving a Jeep... "unoriginal."

aww, you jeepers getting defensive??

i agree though, its more of an idiot driver thing... but that suggests that some jeepers have a tendency to think they are invincible... (key word SOME, but it only takes a few to ruin the reputation of all)
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

All I know is that I wanna be 'godlike' cool & drive a jeep just like my bud Zeus.

Of course, I'd want 44s on it so I'd never get stuck (thin excuse for compensating).

Actually, I like Jeeps. I just don't need any more projects for the next 10-15 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have nothing against Jeeps, or Toys or any other 4x4 (except the overly lifted mall queens) and wheel with any one. That being said it is fun to goof about other makes and there capabilities. On the other hand if it were not for the styling uniqueness of the VX I would probably be in a Jeep or a Toy. Great capabilities (after you replace all those jeep parts (J/K)), great aftermarket and can look pretty damn cool. What other vehicle can you lift 2 inches, and with a comp cut and flat fendered, run 40+ inch tires?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    All I know is that I wanna be 'godlike' cool & drive a jeep just like my bud Zeus.

Of course, I'd want 44s on it so I'd never get stuck (thin excuse for compensating).

Actually, I like Jeeps. I just don't need any more projects for the next 10-15 years.
    Dude, you're going to have to keep up! 54" tires are where its at nowadays! The cool thing is no matter what you put them on, you get an offset from Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I have nothing against Jeeps, or Toys or any other 4x4 (except the overly lifted mall queens) and wheel with any one. That being said it is fun to goof about other makes and there capabilities. On the other hand if it were not for the styling uniqueness of the VX I would probably be in a Jeep or a Toy. Great capabilities (after you replace all those jeep parts (J/K)), great aftermarket and can look pretty damn cool. What other vehicle can you lift 2 inches, and with a comp cut and flat fendered, run 40+ inch tires?
    Haha, Billy, I'm with you. I wheel with anyone anywhere as long as what I am driving will make it.. and sometimes not make it! :P It's more fun wheeling different rigs with different rigs too. Every obstacle has a different look and feel and has to be approached slightly varied depending on the rig and blah blah blah... I guess I should just drop the labels so that I'm no longer annoyed - I am a "Jeeper" no more, I am a "VXer" no more, I am a "full-sizer" no more... I am now simply an open minded hippie redneck who loves trail riding in multiple machines. Now who wants to buy my Wrangler and VX?

I hope it doesn't come across that I am all bent out of shape on the matter, as I know its a simple joke... it's just a lame one and I have been chugging coffee all day and the boss is gone so I get to hang out here all day and torment all of you people!

You have to admit it though Zeus, the jeepers can kind of bring it on with their "you wouldn't understand...it's a jeep thing" stickers!

I'm ok with the "jeep thing" and it's stickers. Have had a couple Jeeps in the past (even a red lifted tj like everybody else ) The vx is by far my favorite rig so far followed extremely close by my old Series 2 rover and the Wrangler. I personally would never get a toy. I like a few of them out there i just feel there are too many of them around here (almost more than jeep's) and i just feel they're overrated and too expensive for a used truck for the condition ya get. I do like being different and the vx is perfect for that. And i do impress the hell out of alot of other wheelers in the club. Is it all the vx? Not to toot my own horn but no. Alot (not all) does come to driver skill and I've had enough experience with short wheelbase rigs that i know how to handle them. Not all comes to experience though as even the best wheeler out there can only go so far offroad with a civic.

And really the only stickers i'm gettin tired of seeing is the upside down "If you can read this then roll me over" stickers.

Almost as annoying to me as saying "just another day in paradise" when asked how are you.

But more back on topic jeeps can be just as capable in the right hands as a vx is. And i'll wheel with anybody as long as they're wheeling it and having fun! Wheeled with a pimped out h3 the other day with 24 inch rims. But he had fun and i'll be glad to help him feel welcome into the fold.
    nznsi

You have to admit it though Zeus, the jeepers can kind of bring it on with their "you wouldn't understand...it's a jeep thing" stickers!
    Exactly.

In any case, it was the 'stuck in a parking lot' that amused me more than anything. The make and model doesn't really mean anything. Even if it was a Honda Civic stuck in the mud, there'd still be the mystery of how the hell they got it there.

On that note, what happened in this picture? Someone already mentioned that they had the wrong tires. Maybe I've been living in drought areas too long, because it seems around here, you never see landscaping that soft.

I hate those stickers, then again, I don't put any stickers on my rides. BUT! I think that sticker has different meanings. It prob'ly started with a question from someone who asked a guy why he keeps dumping money into his Just Empty Every Pocket CJ! Answer would be similar to someone who owns an old Jag... "It's a Jag thing, you wouldn't understand." Wheeling the trail, a strange noise was heard... "What the Hell was that?!", "It was the Jeep!", "Oh, it's a Jeep thing." (True story) So really it may be more of an inside joke than you realize... as in, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."

"you never see landscaping that soft."

I took my old Dodge P'up (RIP) to work at Fort A.P. Hill, VA years ago. I got in early to set up equipment & was the only one there. I needed a target to sight in on so I parked the Dodge near a fence about 50 yards out in a nice grassy area. Everything was fine until I went to move it about an hour later. It had sunk to the frame. Only the first 6 inches of soil was firm, the rest was at about the consistency of mashed potatoes.

It took a tank recovery vehicle to pull me out.

Would've made a great picture.

i agree though, its more of an idiot driver thing... but that suggests that some jeepers have a tendency to think they are invincible...
    Exactly.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bnuwCkmdoA...s1600-h/mm.jpg

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Knivx View Post
    I'm ok with the "jeep thing" and it's stickers.

But more back on topic jeeps can be just as capable in the right hands as a vx is. And i'll wheel with anybody as long as they're wheeling it and having fun! Wheeled with a pimped out h3 the other day with 24 inch rims. But he had fun and i'll be glad to help him feel welcome into the fold.
    No kidding?! I would love to have seen that H3 on the trail... got any pics? Was it a rocky trail, smooth...? Brave or stupid, I'm not sure but had to be entertaining for everyone!

That thing gotta Hemi?

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Exactly.

In any case, it was the 'stuck in a parking lot' that amused me more than anything. The make and model doesn't really mean anything. Even if it was a Honda Civic stuck in the mud, there'd still be the mystery of how the hell they got it there.

On that note, what happened in this picture? Someone already mentioned that they had the wrong tires. Maybe I've been living in drought areas too long, because it seems around here, you never see landscaping that soft.
    It is bizzarre. I had to ponder what kind of soil would be that squishy and gooey and still be good for the grass... so maybe you ARE right... it is a Jeep thing!

Something like that actually happened to me several years ago. My lil CJ5 was kicking arse all over this offroad park - at the time, it was a free for all so you could go anywhere without worry of a trail system. Then I came to a lower region full of alkali-rich soil. Odd stuff, like you said, it had an outer layer of crust, but underneath was soft disgusting goo. In an instant, my Jeep lowered over a foot. There was no digging it out so luckily someone else was able to strap it out. That gunk was stuck in my frame for years until I finally did a frame off rebuild! Funny tho, you could pat on what seemed to be hard ground but it would jiggle... I called it an earth boob! After I associated it with boob it was tough to leave. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "you never see landscaping that soft."

I took my old Dodge P'up (RIP) to work at Fort A.P. Hill, VA years ago. I got in early to set up equipment & was the only one there. I needed a target to sight in on so I parked the Dodge near a fence about 50 yards out in a nice grassy area. Everything was fine until I went to move it about an hour later. It had sunk to the frame. Only the first 6 inches of soil was firm, the rest was at about the consistency of mashed potatoes.

It took a tank recovery vehicle to pull me out.

Would've made a great picture.

LOL - BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post