Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Facebook?

Its nothing like the old days where you needed to have a college email account with an accredited school to be able to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Its nothing like the old days where you needed to have a college email account with an accredited school to be able to sign up.
    It's nothing like the old days.... when in college, there was no such thing as "email".
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    It's nothing like the old days.... when in college, there was no such thing as "email".
    x2....Older Dudes & Dudettes RULE!!*****
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I had computer access when I was in college. The punch card reader was even located in the building where most of my classes were held.

BTW, I fixed post #43. For some reason, the URL did not get attached.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 10/28/2009 at 10:24 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I had computer access when I was in college. The punch card reader was even located in the building where most of my classes were held.
    Like I said I don't do facebook, I do visit "Mugshot", just to keep up with the old gang. When I went to college we used an abacus and some of the nerds had a slide rule. I remember teasing "ole Bill" about trying to come up with something better. If ya wanted to send mail really fast ya bribed the Pony Express rider. Oh and I still tease Bill, but I call him Mr. Gates.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    x2....Older Dudes & Dudettes RULE!!*****
    X3,, My daughter and other friends got me interested in facebook like the same reasons you Kat there all about facebook more than email. I'll look for the VX area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

I originally joined right when they opened it up to everyone (previously it was students only) - just to write up requirements for an integration into my then company, ScreamingSports.com - afterward it pretty much laid dormant for about a year. Then the baby-boomer crowd started getting into it heavily and I ended up with many friend requests on a daily basis - mostly people I'd known in the past or went to school with - as a lark I just let anyone "friend" me. These days the activity has really slowed down and no, I'm not interested in the new boil you had lanced on your back, or that you just "pooed" - those posts can stay on twitter where they belong (don't have an account there nor do I want one - FB fills any "social networking" needs that I will probably ever have).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Jim Norton on Leno show on "Twitter"

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I finally surrendered when two good friends joined and seemed to abandon "traditional" email.... So yeah, I've joined, but I can't stand it, don't check it often, and can't understand why anybody wants to waste their time reading stuff like "watcha doin tonight?" or "that's so cool" or "I just went and pee'd"...these are 3 actual posts I've seen....

Nope, facebook isn't for me.....and don't even get me started on Twitter or even speaketh the word "tweet"...cuz "what's been heard can never be unheard"! :
    Anybody catch comedian Jim Norton on Jay Leno last week???....I knew I wasn't alone....
    http://www.thejaylenoshow.com/video/...guest/1170908/

I did see that, and I can relate...

I belong to a forum where they post every Twitter update for the forum host. It get's so annoying sometimes. Here are a couple posted up TODAY (names changed to protect the innnocent)...

*host*: ###### jus secretly farted n people r askin wht the smell is! Ha. She said she dnt kno. Liar!

*###*: just farted n it went down my throat! -quote from family guy.

Puleeeeze!! Give me a break. The whole thing seems rediculous anyway, but to tell all your "followers" that your friend just farted?? Occassionally there is a worthy piece of information posted, but it's not worth sifting through the crap to find it. Hopefully Twitter will just be a fad, like email...
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I created a group, if someone else has send me the link. I couldn't find one in the search on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?...620852767&ap=1
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

I had already joined the existing Vehicross sites on FB (I think there were two that I found). I really don't want to join another. I really don't log on to the FB ones that I have already as this forum is a better fit for information. FB for me is more for screwing around, and keeping in touch with family and military buddies, less with technical questions and the sort of stuff on this site. Applaud the efforts though.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com