Thread: RC Rock Crawlers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    This is sounding better by the minute!!!! Utah here we come!!!! (hey were starting to pick up at work fyi!! thank goodness) THanks for all that info! claires going to cut my nuts off if i spent 370 quid on a 'toy truck' lol

What do you think of the tuned up Tamiya thats on ebay, it ends tomorrow and theres only one low bid still that doesnt meet the reserve. Maybe people know something i dont?? Its at 200 (my pound sign key doesnt work) at the moment and buy it now is 350. The Tamiya kit is 320 at least plus 200-250 of radio gear plus 200 of hop-up parts. seams fairly reasonable to me?? and all the parts that could go (gears, drive shafts etc) have been changed to aluminium.
    Excuse my ignorance on the currency, it makes it hard to figure out what you are actually spending, but I think the Buy It Now price is $575 and if so, that is a fair price! It's a high cost but a fair price for all the goodies! So for less than $600 you could have everything in the auction... or:
    Venom Creeper kit or Axial AX10 kit - $150
    Full Spectrum Radio $80
    Motor and Speed Control $115
    Battery $50 +/-
    Charger $50 +/-
    Hi Torque Steering Servo $50 +/- (x2?)

$550 = $25 difference

Honestly, you have to ask yourself what you think you would provide more fun within your area and terrain. If you have a bunch of places full of boulders a Venom would be very entertaining but a scaler would need to go elsewhere, most likely. The Tamiya is going to be heavy and it will struggle to pull itself up walls and such... basically, the Tamiya is set up to be a trail rig, the tires that are on it are suited to trails, the weight of the chassis keeps it away from steep climbs, the body has lights on it which makes night trail runs really fun.

The Venom or Axial is much lighter, the trans of the Axial is tiny therefore minimizing extra weight up high. The Venom or Axial will scale things that would blow your mind partially becuase of the softer tires but mainly becuase of low weight. The more you gear up a crawler to be a scaler or a bling king the less performance you get out of it. Have fun!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

James I didn't mention the eBay one you found because I thought you thought it was too much, but for all the goodies I think it's good value even at £350. You'll probably be able to get it for less if there is only one other bidder.

I paid close to that for my Crawler with 2 body shells and some bits and this one seems even better.

I'd say if you can afford it, go for it!

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.