Thread: what do do with rear seats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what do do with rear seats

I've been considering removing the rear seats to get more room and since not many people ride in the back. The seats are nice though and recline. Has anyone found a good use for them outside the VX? I don't know...maybe a swing chair or bachelor loveseat? Anything?
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

you said do do

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I've been considering removing the rear seats to get more room and since not many people ride in the back. The seats are nice though and recline. Has anyone found a good use for them outside the VX? I don't know...maybe a swing chair or bachelor loveseat? Anything?
    I put a seat cover over it and am storing it on a shelf in the garage. I have no need for it but in case I ever sell I will have it

I yanked mine after about a month and sold it and haven't looked back.....and I finally got enough nerve to CUT OUT the rear seat belts last month! Yippee!! Nothing hanging in my way, AND improved visibility by a tiny bit in that rear side window! I may regret it if it's a problem if/when I sell, but I'll have years and years of no hassle with it until then!

But the bachelor love seat sounds kind of intriguing....in a disturbing kind of way......
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I sold mine as well. I am not regretting it at all.

think about it

if someone is buying them they either damaged or sold theirs and found out they needed them. Now if it was a couple pieces of plastic like the roof rail pieces that are selling for a large price sure I would sell but the seats do not even sell for enough to buy a tire or wheel.

yep, removing mine was one of the first mod's I did. Now it is taking up space in the workshop instead of the VX
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    .....and I finally got enough nerve to CUT OUT the rear seat belts last month!
    umm.... hate to tell you, but you could of removed those without cutting em little lady just gotta take apart the back half of the vx. and a few bolts later they are gone.

baldwin- mine sat in my garage for 3 years, then when i sold my VX they went back in and the buyer said no way he would of bought it without them....just so you know.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    umm.... hate to tell you, but you could of removed those without cutting em little lady just gotta take apart the back half of the vx. and a few bolts later they are gone.
    Yeah, Dub kind if gave me an overview of the process of removing the panels....key words being "take apart the back half of vx".....have ya met me??? I poked around a bit trying to figure out how to pull that back panel.....then gave up for about 3 months....and cut them.....it was easier!

I could use a set of black and grey if anyone wants to get rid of 'em. Either that or think of a way to fix mine. The latch on the bottom that hold the seat down has been torn off so they just flop around back there. Now I have them bungee corded down, so they are practically useless.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah, Dub kind if gave me an overview of the process of removing the panels....key words being "take apart the back half of vx".....have ya met me??? I poked around a bit trying to figure out how to pull that back panel.....then gave up for about 3 months....and cut them.....it was easier!
    i guess its too late now... but i did a walkthrough. bolt by bolt.

you can always call me for wiring or dissasembly sue

Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but what dimensions do you get after removing the back seat? Esp front to back..????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but what dimensions do you get after removing the back seat? Esp front to back..????

Thanks
    WOW!! A blast from the past! Good to see you here again. Hiya been Grif?

Here's pics showing the rear area w/o the seat.
    It's 5' from front to rear (that's what tape measure is showing in case you can't read it).

The cargo tote is 18" deep, to give you some perspective on how much space remains in front and back of it.