Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what do do with rear seats

Removed mine once all my stuff was moved to Chicago. I love all the room and not having to constantly fold the seats forward. If we need back seats for passengers, we take Gill's. Kahlua appreciates all the added room in the back too!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinMA View Post
    From Riff's post I selected option A because I didn't want those brackets sticking up when the seat was removed. After much profanity and scraped knuckles I soaked those two forward bolts in Bolt Buster and retired for the evening. Back at this morning. Called a friend. got hold of an impact hammer. What a PITA. It's out now and in the basement. Definitely not for the feint of heart. Put's a whole new ceiling on frustration tolerance. Highly recommended.
    ScottinMA-- Damn, you mis-read my advice and selected the wrong method!!! Option-B is the "preferred method" and the rear seat brackets should remain in-place and not be removed. The PITA difficulties you encountered with the bracket removal only helps solidify my point.

Only the horizontal "pivoting retaining pins" should be removed as described in Option-B, and then re-inserted to prevent possible loss of the "pins". The brackets (now empty) then become forward mounted Tie-Down Anchor Points for interior cargo (to complement the other OEM anchor points within the VX cargo area).

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    ScottinMA-- Damn, you mis-read my advice and selected the wrong method!!! Option-B is the "preferred method" and the rear seat brackets should remain in-place and not be removed. The PITA difficulties you encountered with the bracket removal only helps solidify my point.

Only the horizontal "pivoting retaining pins" should be removed as described in Option-B, and then re-inserted to prevent possible loss of the "pins". The brackets (now empty) then become forward mounted Tie-Down Anchor Points for interior cargo (to complement the other OEM anchor points within the VX cargo area).
    Riff ,

No I didn't mis-read your post. Option B is the "easy" way to do it. I tend to seek the most abusive, arduous and frustrating path. Pulling those pins would have been too easy and then I would have had all that free time when I could have been pulling my hair out and screaming at the damn bolt! Besides, I wanted those brackets out of there. Now if only I can find a oriental rug and hookah for my new den of iniquity....
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinMA View Post
    Riff ,

No I didn't mis-read your post. Option B is the "easy" way to do it. I tend to seek the most abusive, arduous and frustrating path. Pulling those pins would have been too easy and then I would have had all that free time when I could have been pulling my hair out and screaming at the damn bolt! Besides, I wanted those brackets out of there. Now if only I can find a oriental rug and hookah for my new den of iniquity....
    ScottinMA--- Hmmm, I fully understand now. Thank you for that clarification.

Rekin I'm one of the only ones who actually use the back seat. Mine remain where they belong ... solidly mounted in the VX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but what dimensions do you get after removing the back seat? Esp front to back..????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but what dimensions do you get after removing the back seat? Esp front to back..????

Thanks
    WOW!! A blast from the past! Good to see you here again. Hiya been Grif?

Here's pics showing the rear area w/o the seat.
    It's 5' from front to rear (that's what tape measure is showing in case you can't read it).

The cargo tote is 18" deep, to give you some perspective on how much space remains in front and back of it.

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.