Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I picked up some new wheels

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    305-60-18
    They are about 12 inches wide and just under 33 inches tall, according to the specs.
    The BFG in LT305/60R18 (32.6" O.D./65 lbs) looks very nice on your VX. It's kinda' heavy compared to the 34 lbs OEM tire, so allow an extra big cushion of space between the car in front of you in case of emergency panic stop. Drive safe; and never tail-gate somebody with those heavy tires, as they're much harder to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    The BFG in LT305/60R18 (32.6" O.D./65 lbs) looks very nice on your VX. It's kinda' heavy compared to the 34 lbs OEM tire, so allow an extra big cushion of space between the car in front of you in case of emergency panic stop. Drive safe; and never tail-gate somebody with those heavy tires, as they're much harder to stop.
    Or rely on the increase in contact patch to stop you faster

Sorry I had too, hahaha

disclaimer: I am just kidding be safe and drive smart

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Or rely on the increase in contact patch to stop you faster
    Ryan-- True; however, M/T's do not stop as quick as their A/T sister. The wide-open lug pattern of an M/T has less actual rubber in contact with the road surface than the A/T version, as the A/T has a tighter close-knit tread pattern.

I would like to go a little wider than my 285/60/18s. Has anyone tried to put a 305/60/18 on a stock rim? Our rims are 7.5 inches wide, but I wonder if the 305 might be just a bit to wide. Any thoughts.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I snapped a couple more pics just to show the overall effect. I'm pleased with the look and the tires actually ride pretty good considering the tread. There is some noise, but it is not unreasonable.
    By the way, it's dusk in the pics so the VX has a tannish hue. It is Astral though...
    Also, the last pic shows what happens when your wife isn't looking where she's backing. She smacked the front of the VX pretty hard. Lucky for me (and her) there wasn't too much damage to my VX. Her car is in the body shop this morning... grrr

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Looks good and aggressive! I love those BFGs and the rims match the astral silver.

Your wife must have hit the front skid and not the cladding. Just think if you didn't lift your VX, your front bumper cladding would have been dented in.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Looks good and aggressive! I love those BFGs and the rims match the astral silver.

Your wife must have hit the front skid and not the cladding. Just think if you didn't lift your VX, your front bumper cladding would have been dented in.
    Actually she did hit the cladding, and I believe her trunk might have caught the lip on the hood on the left side. It is bent down a little bit. The front bumper shows some scratches and is a little out of wack, but probably not noticeable to anyone that doesn't own a VX.

Thanks for the comments on the shoes!