Hello to all of the VX Family.

I want to give you a brief update on Scottie today. The drug that the Denver Neurologist has placed him on (the ONLY drug apparently that treats increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure) is ravaging his body. The side-effects are worse? than the headache caused by the increased pressure. He has severe intestinal cramps, nausea, vomiting and a quick two step to the bathroom. The worst part is that he still has a headache of huge proportions, 8-9 on a scale of 10. I think it is really an 11, but he doesn't want us to worry. Yesterday, he was down to 178 lbs. because his body cannot absorb any nutrients. (Remember, he is 6'3", so he looks like a beanpole.) His doctor placed him on the BRAT diet that is used for babies that have intestinal disorders and chemo patients. He is now just eating Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. So far today, he is able to keep some of it down and "appears" to maybe be a little bit better. He is really trying to keep it all together and act "normal", whatever that is.

He thinks it helps him maintain. If you believe you are normal, then you are.??

I still read him your posts, as hard as it is for me to do it. I can't get thru them without breaking down with emotion on just HOW MUCH ALL of you truly care about us and everyone else in this Family. It brings me to my knees every time I log on. Right now, I am having great difficulty in getting this typed. But I want you to know how he is without having to guess or wonder, etc. I can only thank you again for your support. Please keep Scott in your prayers and good thoughts. He will be back on the Forum as soon as he can and does sometimes actually log on himself.

We love you and without this Forum, life would be VERY SAD and empty, if he didn't have all of you "pulling" for him.

Thank you, again for your support, love, good wishes and prayers.

Love,