Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Moncha

Update on Moncha

Hello to all of the VX Family.

I want to give you a brief update on Scottie today. The drug that the Denver Neurologist has placed him on (the ONLY drug apparently that treats increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure) is ravaging his body. The side-effects are worse? than the headache caused by the increased pressure. He has severe intestinal cramps, nausea, vomiting and a quick two step to the bathroom. The worst part is that he still has a headache of huge proportions, 8-9 on a scale of 10. I think it is really an 11, but he doesn't want us to worry. Yesterday, he was down to 178 lbs. because his body cannot absorb any nutrients. (Remember, he is 6'3", so he looks like a beanpole.) His doctor placed him on the BRAT diet that is used for babies that have intestinal disorders and chemo patients. He is now just eating Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. So far today, he is able to keep some of it down and "appears" to maybe be a little bit better. He is really trying to keep it all together and act "normal", whatever that is.

He thinks it helps him maintain. If you believe you are normal, then you are.??

I still read him your posts, as hard as it is for me to do it. I can't get thru them without breaking down with emotion on just HOW MUCH ALL of you truly care about us and everyone else in this Family. It brings me to my knees every time I log on. Right now, I am having great difficulty in getting this typed. But I want you to know how he is without having to guess or wonder, etc. I can only thank you again for your support. Please keep Scott in your prayers and good thoughts. He will be back on the Forum as soon as he can and does sometimes actually log on himself.

We love you and without this Forum, life would be VERY SAD and empty, if he didn't have all of you "pulling" for him.

Thank you, again for your support, love, good wishes and prayers.

Love,
    Laura

Thank you Laura and god bless from Me and Sandy.

Hope he found Steve Jennes joining the group as exciting as I think most of us have.

Thanks again and god bless both of you
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Thanx for the update, as we all constantly worry about Scott and pray for his expediant recovery. Scott is truly the wind in our sails and his bright beakon of light shines through the fog by keeping us between the white lines on the road. Our faith and prayers for Scott will never deminish and he motivates us to always excel, as we patiently wait for his return. All of our best wishes to you Scott and to your family. Come back to us, we miss you!!!

Thanks for the update Ms Moncha

Well we are here and If we could be there we would in a heart beat... you know the VX family will do anything they can for you two..
    tell Scott Im pulling for him.and my beautiful wife said she has been praying for you and scott daily..oh me to..
    well ... chin up.
    and to let you know ..without this forum I would have never found my VX or my new family of fellow VXers...

thankyou

HUGS
    DON MOORE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Moncha View Post
    Hello to all of the VX Family.

His doctor placed him on the BRAT diet...
    When we first read that we were thinking a brat diet? some sauerkraut... that'll put more than just meat on the bones!

They'll get him eating the good stuff soon, we just gotta wait out the storm first. Bananas aren't bad...

You both are in our thoughts, as always! Lots and Hugs and Kisses to you two.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

The both of you are good people. Things will turn around.
    Your always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Gosh what else can go wrong huh? I pray for so many people its amazing I get any sleep! LOL

I will continue to pray for both of you, its amazing how some people have to go through so much in their time here.....and others dont......but what are you gonna do.....EAT BANANAS!!!

Love ya both!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Smile

Laura, U R a true angel and I know Scott thinks the same! From my family to yours, we continue to pray for a speedy recovery and the boss to be back to his old self. We appreciate you taking the time to give us an update and take all the time you need. As any of us would do, if there is anything you need, just call. The VX fam is true, strong and will never cease. God Bless Team Moncha and the VX fam!
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Smile

Ms laura thank you for the post.

God bless you guys,tell scott we really miss the call of duty weekend's meet.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    laura, thanks for the update. we are all pulling for scott to get better. it just hurts my heart to know people who are so good going through this type of trouble.
    as always, he will stay in my thoughts. please let me know if there is anything i can do. im really not far at all.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Thanks for updating Ms. M!
    Thoughts are always with you and Scott.
    Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hang in there, the storm has to pass soon and the horizon will be bright! We will send you our love & prayers always!

Sue & Dave
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Thanks........

Thanks for the update, Laura. We know that you have a lot more to think about than updating us, but we're all thinking about Scott and you, and we appreciate whatever news you have. It often seems like the best of us have to deal with the biggest challenges, but we know you guys will get through this. Try to keep your spirits up; we're all here for you!

Randy

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool Keep Swingin' Scott & Laura!

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    Laura, U R a true angel and I know Scott thinks the same! From my family to yours, we continue to pray for a speedy recovery and the boss to be back to his old self. We appreciate you taking the time to give us an update and take all the time you need. As any of us would do, if there is anything you need, just call. The VX fam is true, strong and will never cease. God Bless Team Moncha and the VX fam!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    laura, thanks for the update. we are all pulling for scott to get better. it just hurts my heart to know people who are so good going through this type of trouble.
    as always, he will stay in my thoughts. please let me know if there is anything i can do. im really not far at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Thanks for updating Ms. M!
    Thoughts are always with you and Scott.
    Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Hang in there, the storm has to pass soon and the horizon will be bright! We will send you our love & prayers always!

Sue & Dave
    There ain't a whole lot I can add to all that...that'll learn me to be late to the party...

Thanks for the update Laura, we are all SO hoping for some good news, one of these days it'll happen...
    Let the Boss know he's in our collective thoughts & prayers...

All Best Wishes from L W & Pat...

An don't forget the nanner...

I was just wandering how Scott was doing.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.
    My thoughts and prayers are with him and you.