I know, I know; it seems like every other thread right now is about someone selling their VX or looking for tire advice. Well, I'm looking for tire advice (I'll probably NEVER sell the VX).

To get out of this as inexpensively as possible it seems best to keep the original 18" rims and just get tires to fit them instead of trying to find cheap rims AND tires. Right now the VX has a 3" lift with 285/60/18's on it and I like the beefy look of the tires. I think going with a winter tire that size would be expensive and from what I've read a thinner tire would be better to cut through the snow anyway. The original tires on the VX where 245/60/18's and they looked pretty anemic on a stock height VX so they'll probably look downright silly on a lifted VX. I guess for a relatively inexpensive tire that will only be on in the winter I could put up with a little bit of sillyness.

So, what size tire should I be looking at to fit the stock 18's, be a little narrow than the Grapplers, and be a little taller than the stock tires? I've been looking at the Blizzak DM-V1 (+/-$135) and I took a look at the Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred's that someone suggested, but at $200 each I might as well just buy the Grapplers now.

I know you're all tired of talking about tires, but a little info would be much appreciated.