Thread: New Radio Alpine IDA-X305

New Radio Alpine IDA-X305

This is the Mechless Radio which would be good for someone who can live without CD's, great radio for Ipod/Iphone users as well as any other MP3 player.

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    I have one of these - they are awesome! Nice graphic too!
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

looks good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Expensive??
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    Expensive??
    $250ish is what mine cost which is the same thing but the last years model. I like it and hate it. I like that I can control my IPOD from the deck and that it charges the IPOD. I hate that its not compatible with my IPOD touch (or an IPhone) which makes the audio cut in and out during songs. Sometimes it will play 30 seconds of a song and then start the song over. I also dont like that I can only hook up an IPOD because I like to listen to Pandora radio through my Blackberry.

I will be getting a new deck to replace mine. If Alpine fixed the compatiblity problems, I may consider buying the new deck.

Have you noticed any of these problems VX-13?

I have had no problems with mine and I have the new Iphone 3GS and I also have used a flashdrive works perfect

i have the x303, which is pretty much the same, minus the color screen. Iphone 3gs works fine. the only thing i dont like is that your hand is in the way when adjusting the knob, so you cant see the display

I was looking at this model a while back. VERY affordable for what it offers. The only thing that held me back was the lack of ZuneHD connect-ability. Everything is so fashioned for Apple gear. Considering I have never had luck with the iPod and great luck with the Zune, I just can't go back.

<---- non conformist
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Gary they didnt have a zune kit for mine so I had to get the mp3 adapter ..for my radio.. so i use the headphone jack on my zune..and run it under AUX2

Ya, that's pretty much all I do with my STi stock radio. AUX is about the best that can be done, unless you want to do some splicing and wiring (the walkthrough on combing the iPod to Zune adapter is not for your weekend solderman). My VX will just have to keep playing CDs.

It is pretty sad but ALL vendors/manufacturers are slaves to Apple. It doesnt really surprise me that MS doesn't push more brands to have Zune compatibility. It also doesn't surprise me that Apple was too pompous and self righteous to license their iPod harness to MS (which MS tried after the Gen1 Zune was released). Name of the game I guess.

It is pretty sad but ALL vendors/manufacturers are slaves to Apple. It doesnt really surprise me that MS doesn't push more brands to have Zune compatibility. It also doesn't surprise me that Apple was too pompous and self righteous to license their iPod harness to MS (which MS tried after the Gen1 Zune was released). Name of the game I guess.[/QUOTE]

AMEN brother..

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    $250ish is what mine cost which is the same thing but the last years model. I like it and hate it. I like that I can control my IPOD from the deck and that it charges the IPOD. I hate that its not compatible with my IPOD touch (or an IPhone) which makes the audio cut in and out during songs. Sometimes it will play 30 seconds of a song and then start the song over. I also dont like that I can only hook up an IPOD because I like to listen to Pandora radio through my Blackberry.

I will be getting a new deck to replace mine. If Alpine fixed the compatiblity problems, I may consider buying the new deck.

you must have one of the older units that runs USB1.0, those wont run an iphone or itouch

to the zune comments, good luck. there havent been any zune capable radios yet, at least for charging and controlling through the radio.

so, either conform, or live with the 'aux' input. i personally have an ipod just for my car.... and currently a touch for daily use (although i wouldnt mind having a zune for daily)

so that way i can keep all my music with me and keep it charged. picked up an old 80g video to LOAD UP and put in the car....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

VX-13. I just ordered this unit for my VX, should have it tomorrow. Is that a custom background on yours? I thought the manual said you could only use Alpine's backgrounds, downloadable from their site?

Any installation issues with yours? I have a Sony in now and have a wiring harness.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

What about any firmware upgrade VXorado ?

Check the alpine web site to se if there's any
    Dakar was just the begining.