Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titan Exhaust Jack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Titan Exhaust Jack

I had the opportunity to use my Titan Exhaust Jack twice at the Uwharrie meet. The first time was when I ripped the inner sidewall on one of my tires open. I was on slippery clay and rocks and on a slope, so no using a conventional jack. I used the airbag and learned a very valuable lesson: the exhaust jack does not work if your exhaust is not in good shape. I have a bad manifold gasket on the driver's side The next use was on a Rodeo that had a rock through its front A-arm. They tried snatching it, there was no moving that truck. It took about 30 seconds on the exhaust, and I had the whole drivers side of the Rodeo off of the ground. The jack is a lifesaver, takes up very little space, works anywhere and on any vehicle and can lift your vehicle on almost any surface and from any spot. The frame, sliders, axle, you name it, you can lift with it.
    I am ordering the air hose adapter so I can fill with my CO2 bottle until I get the exhaust fixed.
    If you are looking for a portable jack to bring with you, I cannot imagine using anything else. There are no other options as far as I know, any type of farm jack requires somewhere to attach it, and does not work in mud, snow, sand, dirt and so on. Plus it rusts, is heavy and has to be stored somewhere outside the VX and cannot be used on most vehicles.
    I just thought I would share my experience with the air bag style jack.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

MARLIN--- Thanx for sharing your actual "on-the-trail" experiences with the Titan Exhaust Inflatable Air Jack. It's good to know that the truck's exhaust system should be in good working condition (no leaks) to provide adequate inflation.

The thing that's so cool about the Titan is it acts like a "giant pillow" and can be used in a multitude of recovery operations. From jacking-up a vehicle on uneven, slippery muddy terrain to pushing a vehicle sideways out of harms way from a big tree or boulder. Plus, it won't hit you in the back of the head in a roll-over like a regular metal jack will. The Titan is way better than a metal Hi-Lift jack, as the Titan is multi-versatile and the metal Hi-Lift jack is not.

Marlin, your experiences should clear-up any doubts people had about the Titan. Video's of the Titan in use can be easily viewed on YouTube. I think I hear the sound of a lot of metal Hi-Lift jacks being thrown away in trash cans right about now.

Insert 2 cents

There is a 2 and 3 ton model. For the extra 10 dollars, go for the 3 ton, you will gain 7 inches of lift
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Insert 2 cents

There is a 2 and 3 ton model. For the extra 10 dollars, go for the 3 ton, you will gain 7 inches of lift
    Come on now...size isn't everything!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Come on now...size isn't everything!
    I dunno - an extra 7" is a fair bit.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Agree. I'd pay that 10 bucks for 7 more inches...

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    I dunno - an extra 7" is a fair bit.

PK

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    MARLIN--- Thanx for sharing your actual "on-the-trail" experiences with the Titan Exhaust Inflatable Air Jack. It's good to know that the truck's exhaust system should be in good working condition (no leaks) to provide adequate inflation.

The thing that's so cool about the Titan is it acts like a "giant pillow" and can be used in a multitude of recovery operations. From jacking-up a vehicle on uneven, slippery muddy terrain to pushing a vehicle sideways out of harms way from a big tree or boulder. Plus, it won't hit you in the back of the head in a roll-over like a regular metal jack will. The Titan is way better than a metal Hi-Lift jack, as the Titan is multi-versatile and the metal Hi-Lift jack is not.

Marlin, your experiences should clear-up any doubts people had about the Titan. Video's of the Titan in use can be easily viewed on YouTube. I think I hear the sound of a lot of metal Hi-Lift jacks being thrown away in trash cans right about now.
    x2 thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I had the opportunity to use my Titan Exhaust Jack twice at the Uwharrie meet. The first time was when I ripped the inner sidewall on one of my tires open. I was on slippery clay and rocks and on a slope, so no using a conventional jack. I used the airbag and learned a very valuable lesson: the exhaust jack does not work if your exhaust is not in good shape. I have a bad manifold gasket on the driver's side The next use was on a Rodeo that had a rock through its front A-arm. They tried snatching it, there was no moving that truck. It took about 30 seconds on the exhaust, and I had the whole drivers side of the Rodeo off of the ground. The jack is a lifesaver, takes up very little space, works anywhere and on any vehicle and can lift your vehicle on almost any surface and from any spot. The frame, sliders, axle, you name it, you can lift with it.
    I am ordering the air hose adapter so I can fill with my CO2 bottle until I get the exhaust fixed.
    If you are looking for a portable jack to bring with you, I cannot imagine using anything else. There are no other options as far as I know, any type of farm jack requires somewhere to attach it, and does not work in mud, snow, sand, dirt and so on. Plus it rusts, is heavy and has to be stored somewhere outside the VX and cannot be used on most vehicles.
    I just thought I would share my experience with the air bag style jack.
    Chris, that's cool to hear it worked out for you. I have thought about them but trust them as much as I trust an air mattress. Not much. What spooks me about them is "when" you get a hole in it you won't know until it's time to use it. It does come with a patch kit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    The Titan is way better than a metal Hi-Lift jack, as the Titan is multi-versatile and the metal Hi-Lift jack is not.

You are so off here, Riff... Just because this pillow worked for Marlin does nothing to convince me I need one. The Hi-Lift/handyman jack is more versatile than any other jack ever created - the pillow does just ONE thing, it lifts a RUNNING vehicle. The Hi-Lift can act as a winch/come-along/hoist; it can be used as a clamp; the handle has been used by many to sleeve a bent tie rod; I have used it to keep a broken axle shaft from sliding out of its housing; I have used one to straighten a bent tie rod... You can even use it to help you build a fence. The Hi-Lift will never be replaced by a pillow as the preferred off-road jack.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    the pillow does just ONE thing, it lifts a RUNNING vehicle.
    ... unless you have the "air hose adapter so I can fill with my CO2 bottle until I get the exhaust fixed" which I assume would allow you to lift without having the vehicle running. Otherwise I agree, there's no magic bullet for every conceivable purpose. But it does sound like an air jack would work for most conventional applications (i.e., not extreme offroading).

BTW ARB makes a similar jack called the "Bushmaster X-jack". Costs more, though. Dunno if it is built better or what...generally ARB makes really good stuff.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    You are so off here, Riff... Just because this pillow worked for Marlin does nothing to convince me I need one. The Hi-Lift/handyman jack is more versatile than any other jack ever created - the pillow does just ONE thing, it lifts a RUNNING vehicle. The Hi-Lift can act as a winch/come-along/hoist; it can be used as a clamp; the handle has been used by many to sleeve a bent tie rod; I have used it to keep a broken axle shaft from sliding out of its housing; I have used one to straighten a bent tie rod... You can even use it to help you build a fence. The Hi-Lift will never be replaced by a pillow as the preferred off-road jack.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    ... unless you have the "air hose adapter so I can fill with my CO2 bottle until I get the exhaust fixed" which I assume would allow you to lift without having the vehicle running. Otherwise I agree, there's no magic bullet for every conceivable purpose. But it does sound like an air jack would work for most conventional applications (i.e., not extreme offroading).
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    BTW ARB makes a similar jack called the "Bushmaster X-jack". Costs more, though. Dunno if it is built better or what...generally ARB makes really good stuff.
    x2

ya, what they said... glad the pillow worked well for you though chris. and im sure there are many applications that it would work much better than a hi-lift. so, my choice is to carry both
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Will it work if you have a VX with dual exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemol View Post
    Will it work if you have a VX with dual exhaust?
    Hmmm, I believe so, but I would check out their website to see. You might have to block one side during use?

Like I said, I am picking up the air compressor adaptor.

padding for Titan

As I mentioned in an other post about air jacks. Been used on rough terrain and aircraft recovery since WWII if not before. All we did in my 10 years of Crash Recovery when we used them was add a half inch thick felt pad top and bottom, never had a problem. They will lay flat in the back of your VX and are great to use as a knee pad when and if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    As I mentioned in an other post about air jacks. Been used on rough terrain and aircraft recovery since WWII if not before. All we did in my 10 years of Crash Recovery when we used them was add a half inch thick felt pad top and bottom, never had a problem. They will lay flat in the back of your VX and are great to use as a knee pad when and if you need it.
    Felt pad is a good idea, I actually keep a mover's blanket, a real one, not one of the crappy Harbor Freight ones, in the. back. It is big enough to cover the whole rear of the VX, the undercarriage if I have to lay on the ground, and makes a nice cushion as well.

You boys play nice while I am at work.