Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titan Exhaust Jack

padding for Titan

As I mentioned in an other post about air jacks. Been used on rough terrain and aircraft recovery since WWII if not before. All we did in my 10 years of Crash Recovery when we used them was add a half inch thick felt pad top and bottom, never had a problem. They will lay flat in the back of your VX and are great to use as a knee pad when and if you need it.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemol View Post
    Will it work if you have a VX with dual exhaust?
    If your exhaust still has the cross over pipe, you will have to stick a carrot up the other side.
    If there is no cross over pipe, you can run your air bag from either side.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

SMILY OVERLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    In response to getting a hole in it, I dunno about that. It is extremely thick, and if you had a doubt about sharp edge protection, there are those wonderful things in your truck that are rubber and carpet, I think they are called floor mats? Those could be used for protection if you deemed it required. I love mine, and will not be carrying a hi-lift jack, this way I can help others, even if they aren't driving a hi-lift friendly vehicle. I don't plan on building a fence anytime soon with my jack, and as for winching out, with an airbag, you just lift the truck and put something underneath, problem solved. But as always, to each his own. (At the meet, lots of people had farm jacks, I wwas the only one with an airbag, and half of them had never even seen one or heard of one, and you know how I like to roll, that alone made it worth it, them scratching their heads in doubt after trying to yank free a Rodeo, and less than 2 min later, I had him out and was putting my toy away)
    Hey, I'm not trying to "burst your bubble" - PUN INTENDED! I never said this is a no-use aparatus, I'm sure it would come in handy on several occasions, like at children's birthday parties ...and for a VX and other SUV's with no "real jack points" and thin, light-weight tires in specific situations. But anyway, I wasn't talking to you! You got the unit, you used it, and you like it, good for you! I am talking to the only other guy that is as typically long-winded as either one of us! I am simply defending the Hi-Lift against the, "I have obviously never used either type of lifting device, nor been in a situation where I needed to, yet I maintain the Hi-Lift is not nearly as multi-versatile as this wonder-pillow, mindset". I mean, I truly realize my postings can be intimidating as I always write in a 'justification style, supported by facts' method... but really, all Riff can come up with is a heart and an exploding head? Truly disappointed, Brian...

Chris, I hope the Titan never lets you down... er, until you need to be let down.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post

Chris, I hope the Titan never lets you down...
    thats why i say throw a hi-lift on your roof-rack or behind your seats and when you bubble pops you have a 'backup'
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    MARLIN---

ZEUS---

'Nuff Said.
    Oh if only....

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Hey, I'm not trying to "burst your bubble" - PUN INTENDED! I never said this is a no-use aparatus, I'm sure it would come in handy on several occasions, like at children's birthday parties ...and for a VX and other SUV's with no "real jack points" and thin, light-weight tires in specific situations. But anyway, I wasn't talking to you! You got the unit, you used it, and you like it, good for you! I am talking to the only other guy that is as typically long-winded as either one of us! I am simply defending the Hi-Lift against the, "I have obviously never used either type of lifting device, nor been in a situation where I needed to, yet I maintain the Hi-Lift is not nearly as multi-versatile as this wonder-pillow, mindset". I mean, I truly realize my postings can be intimidating as I always write in a 'justification style, supported by facts' method... but really, all Riff can come up with is a heart and an exploding head? Truly disappointed, Brian...

Chris, I hope the Titan never lets you down... er, until you need to be let down.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    As I mentioned in an other post about air jacks. Been used on rough terrain and aircraft recovery since WWII if not before. All we did in my 10 years of Crash Recovery when we used them was add a half inch thick felt pad top and bottom, never had a problem. They will lay flat in the back of your VX and are great to use as a knee pad when and if you need it.
    Felt pad is a good idea, I actually keep a mover's blanket, a real one, not one of the crappy Harbor Freight ones, in the. back. It is big enough to cover the whole rear of the VX, the undercarriage if I have to lay on the ground, and makes a nice cushion as well.

You boys play nice while I am at work.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

You boys play nice while I am at work.
    It's all in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    MARLIN---

'Nuff Said.
    Get a room!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Get a room!

I only roll like that when I am out to sea, "its not gay if you are underway", of course,guys in the yards have modified it with "its not gay if you are surrounded by grey"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

I only roll like that when I am out to sea, "its not gay if you are underway", of course,guys in the yards have modified it with "its not gay if you are surrounded by grey"
    That's good to know...

Found a good price on one of these and thought I'd pass the link along. Looks like around $110 incl. shipping.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-29403.htm