Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a mechanic

Need a mechanic

I have just moved to Hillsboro Oregon and need to get my VX running right. So if anybody knows of a good shop around here can you let me know.
    Thanks

Hey lildukester, I'm sure member don moore can guide ya ....he's in eugene. ya'll have a good group up that way and i'm sure you'll hear from them as they check-in on site.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

sweet im in eugene.. look me up when your in town...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

there use to be a sweet shop down here but they closed when isuzu pulled out.. check with the portland guys ...im 100 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by lildukester View Post
    I have just moved to Hillsboro Oregon and need to get my VX running right. So if anybody knows of a good shop around here can you let me know.
    Thanks
    Your best bet is contacting these two(2) active members via E-Mail that live close to you in Hillsboro, OR. They are:

"KeithVXlvr" (Portland, OR),
    "JGeorge264" (Vancouver, WA),

Your nearest authorized ISUZU Service Center is:

Braley/Graham Isuzu
    9215 S.W. Canyon Road
    Portland, OR 97225
    TEL: (503) 292-8801
    Last edited by Anita : 11/24/2009 at 11:28 PM Reason: Sorry for this, but I removed the email addresses from the post. Squirmy issue posting emails without permission from the owners.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    "KeithVXlvr" (Portland, OR), E-Mail: keithshoko@yahoo.com
    um, i wouldnt contact kevin regarding any vx questions (keithVXlvr)... he no longer owns a vehicross and is not a good member to talk to regarding the VX.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I've had great dealings with Tigard SUV off Scholls Ferry Rd. They've done alot of work on mine and are very familiar with the vehicle and have reasonable rates. They also give you a loaner car if you need one at no cost. Its nothing fancy but it's wheels when ya need em.

PB-KID--- Fellow member "KeithVXlvr" may not own a VX anymore because he just recently sold it, but he may have some valid input regarding competent auto repair shops for the VX within the Portland, Oregon area. Sometimes his obscure sense of humor can be misinterpreted the wrong way (it is not meant to be hurtful; only humorous). If you ever got the rare opportunity to actually meet "KeithVXlvr" in person and chat with him, I'm sure you'd find him extremely hilarious to just hang-out with. He is incredibly intelligent as a person and vastly knowledgable of the VX in general.

JGeorge264--- Thank you so very much for your input and advice for quality repair shops near the Vancouver/Portland vicinity. Being able to bring a VX to a specific shop that has previous experience with an actual VX (yours), gives the rest of us confidence and trust to bring our own VX's there as well, without the fear of being a first-time ghinea-pig VX for bewildered auto mechanics scratching their heads. Your comments are much appreciated to the whole PNW-VX community. I sincerely look forward to the day of meeting you in person whenever we can coordinate a VX-meet that will allow your attendence within your work schedule!!!

Talking good point

PB-KID--- Fellow member "KeithVXlvr" may not own a VX anymore because he just recently sold it, but he may have some valid input regarding competent auto repair shops for the VX within the Portland, Oregon area. Sometimes his obscure sense of humor can be misinterpreted the wrong way (it is not meant to be hurtful; only humorous). If you ever got the rare opportunity to actually meet "KeithVXlvr" in person and chat with him, I'm sure you'd find him extremely hilarious to just hang-out with. He is incredibly intelligent as a person and vastly knowledgable of the VX in general.

JGeorge264--- Thank you so very much for your input and advice for quality repair shops near the Vancouver/Portland vicinity. Being able to bring a VX to a specific shop that has previous experience with an actual VX (yours), gives the rest of us confidence and trust to bring our own VX's there as well, without the fear of being a first-time ghinea-pig VX for bewildered auto mechanics scratching their heads. Your comments are much appreciated to the whole PNW-VX community. I sincerely look forward to the day of meeting you in person whenever we can coordinate a VX-meet that will allow your attendence within your work schedule!!!
    Sometimes humor doesnt transfer well into the written word especially if you do not know the person. I myself have been accused of that, Yes Really

Thanks guys for all your input.

Sorry to reply so late..... I was eating a Peanut Butter sandwich and shooting goonies in the woods. Driving my Jeep that goes anywhere !!

I'd suggest starting with Braley/Graham Isuzu they were able to answer some questions, source some parts, touch up paint, etc... I never took the car in there because the one I bought was running perfect and after enjoying it for a few months I sold it before running in to any problems.

However, in my experience, unless you are dealing with some in-depth TOD system problems or something like that, any reputable shop will be able to address your needs.

I used the profits to buy a life time supply of Peanut Butter - it is so cheap and nutty !!!!

Good luck.

At this point my vx sits in my driveway with a near dead transmission. Like Keith, I've become a jeeper. I really miss the vx and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I drive into my driveway and see it sitting there looking so lost and lonely. Still haven't decided if I'm going to sell it as is or keep it and some day down the road get a new tranny put in. Realistically the odds are it's going to be up for sale soon. So... probably not going to be making it to any vx meets anytime soon...."I'd be scared to show up there in a jeep"

well, reckon we'll have to agree to disagree on something once again my friend

Hey jeeps are fun. I had a one that I use to take to Moab when I lived in Utah. I sold it and got my VX.

Quote Originally Posted by lildukester View Post
    Hey jeeps are fun. I had a one that I use to take to Moab when I lived in Utah. I sold it and got my VX.