I decided to replace my faded, stained, scarred hood insert yesterday with a shiny new one from Merlin. So I began the arduous task of removing the hood insulation and the 14 bolts and the windshield washer hoses and sprayers and stuff...what a PITA.

I noticed that one of my drain hoses was missing...you know, the hose that is supposed to keep water from collecting at the front corners of the cladding. Also, needless to say, the drains were useless; being completely clogged with black gunky toxic waste.

Most frustratingly, though, was that 13 of the 14 retainer bolts were fairly easy to remove, although all of them had varying degrees of rust damage. The last nut would not come off the bolt, though. It just turned and turned in place. When I tried to remove the hood insert, the metal base of the bolt which is affixed to the bottom of the fiberglass insert just snapped off. Still in the hood. So now I've got a rusted flower-shaped metal disk on the top of my hood with a rusted bolt going through the hood, and no safe way to remove it. WTF??? How can I finish this Herculean task???