Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back, I am sure you are all excited.

Well, I have lost right at 20lbs in the last 9 days. I managed to puree a McDs double cheeseburger today. Does not taste the same, as a matter of fact it was horribly depressing. I did manage to get down about 1/2 glass of shiraz, boy the surgery was worth it. I feel drunk off just that. Yippee, that bottle should last me like 2 weeks at this rate. I could feel it burn all the stitches too! It was great. Doc said I can have whatever I want, as long as I can tolerate it since I quit taking the pain meds a week ago.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

If your losing to much weight you might try supplementing your meals with something like Boost or Ensure. I use them when my training load is high to help get enough caleries and they don't taste all that bad.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    If your losing to much weight you might try supplementing your meals with something like Boost or Ensure. I use them when my training load is high to help get enough caleries and they don't taste all that bad.
    I am using Boost, they taste pretty good, but my protein intake is low enough and with all the healing going on I can't keep up. My calorie intake is somewhere around 1000-1200. Billy, yours is probably like 4000 when you are training...lol. A 15-20% weight loss is normal for a surgery like mine. I am starting to finally get hungry now. It is very depressing to not be able to eat. I also have little to no feeling from the bottoms of my orbital sockets all the way down to my chin. That means, using a straw and talking is very difficult.
    Plus the stupid spline fills the whole area in the top of my mouth with plastic, so even pureed food is almost impossible to eat. This blows.

We need pics!

Boost makes a high protien formula. Also might look into protien powders to mix with milk or fruit juice.

Ha, this is the most unflattering pic I have ever seen of anyone. I was high as a kite playing Red Faction 2, which was a great game I might add. This is two days after surgery. I will see if Ican get a preop pic from the day before the surgery. I will get a pic tomorrow of my current swelling.

Oh man you do look stoned. No urinalysis for you any time soon.

You look.... shiney. haha

Get well man.

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    You look.... shiney. haha

Get well man.
    Yep, when your face swells up double its normal size, turns out that stuff oozes from your skin. Its pretty nasty. I did notice that one of my eyes looks bigger than the other, at least as far as eye opening is concerned. It is not like that normally, another drug effect?
    As far as a piss test, I would fail with flying colors, they put enough opiates in me to last a while.
    The bad part is, I was taking perkocet every 3-4 hours when I was wired shut by grinding it up and mixing it with water/juice and squirting it down my throat with a catheter tube. Turns out my doc didn't know you can't really that do that long term. I had requested perkocet vice the vicodin (which comes in a liquid form) because I knew perkocet didn't make me sick and it is a pretty wicked pain killer, if I'm gonna do it, might as well enjoy myself. Since I couldn't use my muscles to swallow, and there was very little saliva production, that powder just started sticking to the top of my tongue. So it seemed I was not getting any pain relief, therefore more pills and so on. Eventually it had built up enough that I could feel it gag me, so I cut the bands holding my mouth shut and low and behold, it was more than a teaspoon of perkocet sludge on top of my tongue. I was in agony for opening my mouth days early, but joy to finally be able to breath and scoop out that gunk. I must have got a double dose at once while scooping it out, cause I got stoned pretty good that morning. My wife was threatening to take me to the ER because the paperwork says if the bands even come loose you are supposed to go in, but eh, I could breath, it didn't hurt, I could talk a bit, life was good. Doc wasn't mad, he said everything looked great and that I was healing really fast. Usually you get massive bruising, but I had very little. I will get a pic later.
    Trying to shave when your face is numb is very disconcerting, its even worse with an electric razor as compared to the Mach3, but I am worried about hurting myself with the Mach3.

Welcome Back. Get better soon.

I gotta tell you, you are not who I thought you were. Your willingness to make fun of yourself, the self deprication and what not, I just did not expect it from the very limited interaction I have had with you. Well played, Chief.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    sorry chris, but i was laughing at your stoned arse for at least 3 or 4 minutes just now... awesome pic.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    I gotta tell you, you are not who I thought you were. Your willingness to make fun of yourself, the self deprication and what not, I just did not expect it from the very limited interaction I have had with you. Well played, Chief.
    s
    LOL, I will take that as a compliment? I am a bit different at work, great acting job, complete dickhead typical Chief at work, uber annoying obsessive compulsive dork at home. You should see when I go to the MCRD at Parris Island. The recruits always call me "Sir" because of my uniform. One time I stopped and calmly talked to one of them. I told him there is a far worse thing than a "sir" and that is a Chief and that if he is lucky, this will be the only time he ever has to talk to one. I love it, I am sure I changed his outlook on Chiefs forever.
    For those that are confused about the Chief references, it is a rank that is unique to the Navy and mildly emulated in the Coast Guard. It is an E7, and we only go to E9 in the enlisted world. We go through a VERY selective process to get promoted and there is a huge initiation and whatnot. Watch any Navy Submarine movie, and you will see the Chief of the Boat. He is always some gnarly old badass. Salty, as we in the business like to say. For those that have met me in person, it is hard to picture me like that, but I assure you, I am damn good at it and hope put on E8 with less than 13 yrs in.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    sorry chris, but i was laughing at your stoned arse for at least 3 or 4 minutes just now... awesome pic.
    I am glad I could help you laugh.

Hey Cris, good to see you on the mend. So was your wifes name Courtny Olsen?? they sound pretty goooood
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Hey Cris, good to see you on the mend. So was your wifes name Courtny Olsen?? they sound pretty goooood
    Yep, its Courtney and Chris Olson.