Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back, I am sure you are all excited.

I'm back, I am sure you are all excited.

I just finished gettin my jaw unwired from the surgery, so I am high on perkocet, drooling, bruised and swollen. I haven't eaten since last monday. It was the most horrible experience ever, waterboarding has got nothing on mandibular advancement and relocation. I thought I was going to die it was so bad. I have lost 14lbs, which is good, but can hardly talk at all, and to make it better, I now have thrush. Never heard of it till today. It is a common affliction in babies, but it is commonly associated with major oral surgery and antiobiotics. I have a yeast infection in my mouth!!! Gross.
    I am alright now, being able to breath through my mouth again is good. If only my nose would stop bleeding and my uvlea(SP, little hangy down thing in back of throat) hangs down so it touches my tongue when I swallow since they had to cut all the way down the back of my throat to spread my pallet apart.
    My father drove me to my appointment at the hospital about 100 miles away today and wouldn't you know it, I spot a Proton VX in a random BFE parking lot!!!!!!!!!!! I made my dad stop and go back, I took my laptop into the stores to find the owner. It must have looked crazy. I was high, drooling, swollen, can't hardly talk, towel over my face, tracking down the "VX owner" . I showed him a pic of mine as proof (we were in our expy) I have another appointment next Monday, so next week I will swing by again...when I am not high and I can talk. Yippee!!! Another proton. looked pretty stock except roof rack. Kind of blurry with all the drugs and stuff, a glimpse into what some people live like everyday....you know who you are.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to hear about your grill...and I'm not talking about your VX's new bumper!!

Oral surgery sucks. I had some once, not fun. Lots of bleeding.

But look on the bright side, my sister got it the worst. Four years ago she got kicked in the face by a horse and has been undergoing facial reconstruction ever since...sucks.

Bart

Welcome back; glad all went to plan! Yeast infection of the mouth, aye? That's gotta leave a bad taste in your mouth. YUCK!

"Kind of blurry with all the drugs and stuff, a glimpse into what some people live like everyday....you know who you are."
    Blurry would be alcohol... Foggy would be drugs... "not that there's anything wrong with that." The two together... now you're talkin!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Thumbs up

Glad your back. We missed you!

Also, sorry to hear about your vulva being sore.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post

Peace.
    Tom
    Bart, that sucks about your sis, I cannot even imagine, just give me a mask and get everyone around me drunk so I look good.

Tom, don't make me laugh, it hurts....but thanks, I needed that. My first car was a 78 volvo wagon, my best friend's mom was a preacher's wife and she always asked how my vulva was doing...LMFAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post

Peace.
    Tom
    HAHA! Sicko!

Lightbulb

Welcome back buddy !

Just one step at the time & you'll be there for sure................
    Dakar was just the begining.

Good luck on the recovery. Don't scare off any would-be members by chasing them down looking like a post-apocalypse zombie. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I now have thrush. Never heard of it till today. It is a common affliction in babies, but it is commonly associated with major oral surgery and antiobiotics. I have a yeast infection in my mouth!!! Gross.
    Glad you're doing better.

My daughter had thrush when she was a baby. Do they still treat it with Gentain Violet? In retrospect it's funny (wasn't at the time). Paint their tongue purple & they drool purple for a week ... everywhere ... & it don't wash out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Glad you're doing better.

My daughter had thrush when she was a baby. Do they still treat it with Gentain Violet? In retrospect it's funny (wasn't at the time). Paint their tongue purple & they drool purple for a week ... everywhere ... & it don't wash out.
    No, they gave me one pill, basically monistat7...I know, laugh it up. Its funnier cause my wife played sax in a ska band while we were in Guam, they were called Moniskat7. Great band, produced a few CDs and everything..."When you just got that skankin feelin" .In case you did not know, the dance associated with ska is called "skanking". I am full of wonderful info for all today, no more pain pills though, living life in a "foggy" world was not for me.

We used to wash out our Golden Retriever's ears with feminin wash because he had a yeast infection in his ears. Now we use ear drops from the vet.

Whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    We used to wash out our Golden Retriever's ears with feminin wash because he had a yeast infection in his ears.
    Awww... did your dog have that not-so-fresh feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Awww... did your dog have that not-so-fresh feeling?
    Nope, he just stank!!!

MARLIN--- Welcome back, Buddy!!! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. We missed your infinite words of wisdom here on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    MARLIN--- Welcome back, Buddy!!! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. We missed your infinite words of wisdom here on the site.
    Awe and yuck at the same time!
    Hope you're healin alright, Chris... and you got that yeasty taste outyo mouth!