Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new bumper on the 4runner pics

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

new bumper on the 4runner pics

alright, i know at least Ldub and marlinstein are gonna look at this thread

finally got a little time between class and snapped some shots (sorry for the hazyness once again the girlfriend broke both digital cameras)
    frontal view, makes it look kinda funny, not sure why. but it gives you an idea of the height of the stinger.

some closer pics to look at the angle-work. also, in this one you can see where i mounted some new LED blinkers

they bent the very last 3" to match the fender flare, which i thought was a nice note of their worksmanship

above pic to show stinger distance from the grill (and protection for the driving lights)

side pic, profile pictures are always nice

this is mounting system (its a 6 bolt mounting, with a stronger bracket welded onto the frame). this way the bumper is still removable for servicing.

and lastly a very crappy picture of the inside, to show how they did the trailer hitch.

well, there ya are folks.... enjoy! and do this ---->
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Nice Jack! ....but why's there a certain VX in your garage?
    Or are you visiting it at your buddy's house?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

lol buyer is still in texas.... hasnt been back to colorado to pick it up. im just hangin on to it for him.

sure does make me miss it though, walking past it every day

Sweet bumper! Now all you need is THIS...and some 38's of course! Then will come the
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

i know billy..... but the $1250 bumper drained my account pretty well...

wheels are getting installed tomorrow, lift ordered friday.... and 33's for x-mas hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    the girlfriend broke both digital cameras)
    Yep, I had the same problem with the wife, after going thru a couple of digital cameras...the guy at the camera shop told me to stop taking her picture.

Seriously, I really like the bumper on the uh......er........um....toyota.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

..... but the $1250 bumper drained my account pretty well...
    The linked front end was cheaper!

Bumper looks good man. VX looks better though.

Nice, but it doesn't count for two reasons

1. You didn't do it yourself
    2. You can buy anything for a yota,

But it looks sweet, and I am already working plans for a new bumper, I wish the VX had that nice flat profile under the lights to mate up a bumper to.

I would go with Billy's advice, lower link set, new Isuzu emblems, a VX body style kit, recaro racing seats, head turning cladding design, and then it will be Bad ***....LOL.

Just messing with you Jack. Sometimes I wish I had never bought the VX just because it is so damned expensive and hard to get parts. A nice Yota or Nissan Hardbody would great.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Looks good, Jack. I've always liked the newer 4Runners. If I was in line to buy a new 4x4, something like this is what I would do:

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/4runner_bullbar.jpg

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Sometimes I wish I had never bought the VX just because it is so damned expensive and hard to get parts. A nice Yota or Nissan Hardbody would great.
    I'm going to assume you are still under the influence of hard core pain killers...Right???

It is a cool bumper but I don't get it... why did you NEED to sell your VX again?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    The linked front end was cheaper!
    haha, ya... but install would be a different situation
    also- the linked front end doesnt keep my new baby safe from idiots in parking lots.....(one of the major reasons i wanted it)

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPony View Post
    Bumper looks good man. VX looks better though.
    i know..... dont remind me

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Nice, but it doesn't count for two reasons

1. You didn't do it yourself
    2. You can buy anything for a yota,
    ahh, see that doesnt work either though... because it was not a shelf unit, it was all completely custom made ON MY CAR... so you could do the exact same with the VX. so dont give me that

But it looks sweet, and I am already working plans for a new bumper, I wish the VX had that nice flat profile under the lights to mate up a bumper to.
    ya, the flat profile REALLY helps making a good fitting bumper, i feel your pain. thats the reason i never coughed up the dough to do it on my VX

Just messing with you Jack. Sometimes I wish I had never bought the VX just because it is so damned expensive and hard to get parts. A nice Yota or Nissan Hardbody would great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Looks good, Jack. I've always liked the newer 4Runners. If I was in line to buy a new 4x4, something like this is what I would do:

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/4runner_bullbar.jpg

Bart
    ya, i looked at the ARB solutions for my runner. but i just didnt like what they presented.
    1- it was almost $500 just to INSTALL the ARB
    2- it made the already square vehicle look even more square, the newer 4runner definately looks great with the square ARB, but they have a lot more curves than my body style
    3- for $1250 (custom) vs. $1400 (ARB, the cheapest bumper i could find pre-fabbed) i would much rather choose the EXACT design shape i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    It is a cool bumper but I don't get it... why did you NEED to sell your VX again?
    because i felt that i couldnt drive the VX on the roads without comp&collision. ( i know many of you only have liabilty) because it is the most valuable thing i own, and if i got into an accident than there basically goes my savings.
    vs.
    the 4runner only has liability and only has 7k invested into it. so that left me almost 4k in a savings. PLUS, with the leftover money i could afford to get this bumper which will protect me from 25% of accidents (front end), rear end is AUTOMATICALLY the back persons fault, so whoever hits me is gonna pay to fix my car. and side impacts are pretty rare.
    so i figure that the only situation where i would be out a car and money would be a front end collision, which i now have covered (up to about 40 mph)

so justin- i have 4k in a savings, a reliable car that can still wheel, and some security. (at the loss of my VX )

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Young Man, that's a fine piece of craftsmanship/fabrication right there...

Gets two of these...., & one of these for good measure!

The only thing I'd add, is some internal gusseting above & below the hitch, to stiffen things up a bit.

Thumbs up

because i felt that i couldnt drive the VX on the roads without comp&collision. ( i know many of you only have liabilty) because it is the most valuable thing i own, and if i got into an accident than there basically goes my savings.
    vs.
    the 4runner only has liability and only has 7k invested into it. so that left me almost 4k in a savings. PLUS, with the leftover money i could afford to get this bumper which will protect me from 25% of accidents (front end), rear end is AUTOMATICALLY the back persons fault, so whoever hits me is gonna pay to fix my car. and side impacts are pretty rare.
    so i figure that the only situation where i would be out a car and money would be a front end collision, which i now have covered (up to about 40 mph)

so justin- i have 4k in a savings, a reliable car that can still wheel, and some security. (at the loss of my VX )
    Hmm, I guess I just figured you were under financial stress with lawyer fees and fines and couldn't afford to cover them so you sold your VX. Thanks for clarifying.

My eyes have been opened to reveal a kid who has a wad of dough burning a hole in his pocket and a 4-Runner that is about to equal the selling price of his abandoned Stitch without the great handling! I'm just playin wit ya, Jack! How much school you got left before you can bring in some big bucks?