Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uwharrie in October

Carlymac,

This comes from pure memory, but I think a simple trek east along I-40 should bring you pretty close to Uwharrie.

From there, I think the National Forest is located between the Queen City (Charlotte) and the Capitol City (Raleigh) somewhere south of the Winston/Salem/Greensboro area.

Actually, I think the forest is not to far south of Lowes Motor Speedway at Concord. Hmm, I wonder if we can go multi-modal on our outing?

Any Floridians or Jawga folks care to rendezvous en route north?

As soon as I get back from up here in Lake Placid (sans VX ) I'll start laying-in a course.
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

You can pencil me in on the convoy! I'm trying to get the FL crew together for the run, so hope for a long line of the VX Kaleidescope!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Ok, I have a confession. My VIN isn't really 1234, I just put that in until I can get another look at the real number. I'll have it updated tonight...
    So, you all went through a lot of water at Ocala, huh? Bummer about the alternators, but a good excuse to upgrade to the 180 Amp version, I guess .
    You really don't need anything special to go to Uwharrie. There are a lot of bone-stock trucks out there that have a great time. I think I went with the lift to show it off, more than getting any real use out of it.
    There's a small chance I can make the Daytona trip on the 13th, depending on the movers' schedule, but even if not, we should get together. Anyone else in North Florida?

And if there's a convoy going to Uwharrie, count me in, too!

`99 Astral #1889 (sold) | `95 Trooper TeraLows-5.38s-35s | `98 Acura SLX

Arrow

Hello all!

Smiley here…
    (Yes, it’s that E-ZooZoo guy… the one with the big mouth, and the prolific typing tendencies to match)

I hope you don’t mind an interloping Rodeo owner jumping into the conversation, but I thought I’d pass along some helpful information on the upcoming October Uwharrie gathering…

First of all, for those who want good directions, here's the link to a
    Zoom-in/Zoom-out Map of Uwharrie.

Once you get close, this should help you make it to the campground...

...however, if you do have any trouble finding the place, the friendly folks at the Eldorado Outpost will be glad to help.

--- BTW, carlymac… As far as I am aware, there are no Dueling Banjo Fests planned for the weekend in question, and personally, I’ve never seen any midgets in the area… but then again, you never know.

For general Uwharrie information, more maps, and the link for making camping reservations, CHICK HERE.
    --- This page should answer pretty much all of the questions you might have about the event.

If anyone has any questions that are not covered within the above link, please feel free to contact me… I’d be glad to help.

I plan to arrive somewhere between noon and 2PM on Thursday the 9th, so if there are any early arrivals, just look for the big, ugly, white Rodeo, and you're there!

Really looking forward to seeing multiple VXs this time!
    "This trail is so bumpy, it's knocking my bra straps off!" - Miss Kathy

Okay, in that last post we got a quote about knocking bra straps off, and it says "CHICK HERE", not "CLICK..."

Someone's got females on the brain. :-)

Talking Maps

I've a few North Carolina Highway Maps for the first few of you-uns who send your address to skullcapga@yahoo.com