Hi all, Does anyone local ie: NZ, Japan, Aus have a scan tool?

The problem is this.
Because its a grey import no one can read the car on a diagnostics machine.

I have a check light on the TOD that blinks, the guys at the 4x4 shop reckons its a code 13 (ground issue). They traced and checked all sensors (so they say) and they say all seems ok. He reckons the TOD computer has gone and that i should seek a replacement. When i get home i am going to see if i can read the code the manual way and see if i come up with a different code or not.

I asked about after market parts but i get the feeling it may be to much work for them....sometimes i hate living in this town, as most workshops hate doing anything that requires them to think....rant off.

I know of a auto electricain that is quite good so i might go and see him and see if comes up with the same conculusion.

I am going to check the C-31 ground when i get home, just in case.

I am very tempted to see if i can purchase one. My biggest concern is that if i buy a scan tool from the states it wont read the JDM. there are slight differences between the US and JDM and i am not sure if this is reflected in the code reading.

Been so close to Xmas i highly doubt if i can get this fixed in time for our planned 4x4 trip we had lined up....sad panda face.

Thoughts?