Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For those that use Royal Purple

Well the fact that most of their tests are direct comparisons against Royal Purple tell you that's who they consider their major competitor. Also, could be slightly biased since they only show you the tests where they come out on top.

I know in the Lotus forum there have been some pretty hot debates on oils... but I've never heard any of those members suggest Amsoil. Most go with Royal Purple it seems. This coming from autoX and track racers who do push their cars to high temp situations.

remember

Quote Originally Posted by ViXen View Post
    Well the fact that most of their tests are direct comparisons against Royal Purple tell you that's who they consider their major competitor. Also, could be slightly biased since they only show you the tests where they come out on top.

I know in the Lotus forum there have been some pretty hot debates on oils... but I've never heard any of those members suggest Amsoil. Most go with Royal Purple it seems. This coming from autoX and track racers who do push their cars to high temp situations.
    Track racers etc put high stress each time and changr their oil or at least should every time they race or run laps. They are not doing the 3000 mile or longer change exchange

Late to the topic, but blah blah blah. It's 3g Network vs Verizon. Ford vs Chevrolet. Democrats vs Republicans. Competition smack talk. Charts and graphs always show HUGE margins and words are used that most common people have to look up.

As a user of both oils, I can honestly say, I have given up using Amsoil for Valvoline FullSyn, bit still use RP in one of my vehicles. Proper research on the vehicle and the applied type/brand oil will get you further than word of mouth or crappy pie charts.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    The Mobil 1 burns out much faster than the RP so I wouldn't recommend Mobil 1 to anyone but for the next change I may finally go for Amsoil!
    FWIW I have used Mobil One for over 20 years now, NEVER had a vehicle that burned oil. So there.

BTW you can get 5 quart jugs Mobil One for about $23 at Wal Mart...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

HAHA! Man, you showed me! The last Mobil 1 I got came from Wal Mart, I think it was about $23 for 5 quarts... teehee
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"