Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to search for VX salvage yard parts

How to search for VX salvage yard parts

http://www.mypartshop.com/default.aspx

These kind of drop down boxes can be found at lots of parts sites. The info they return could never be completely found with Google. This site gives the info in a nice, compact, easy to read format. Some others do not.

Anyway, I know lots of folks here have been using these types of searches, but I'm sure they are unknown to many others.

Happy searching!

Mark Griffin

thought this might be a worth while site to bookmark till I added to this thread. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=17100
    Last edited by rowhard : 12/30/2009 at 07:58 AM
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Not so fast. The distances are correct.

Mark

VX cladding, sheet metal, interior parts, etc etc!

Just an FYI...there is a 2000 Proton at this place:

http://www.pipersvillecarparts.com/

I briefly saw it, it still has most if not all cladding, most interior parts, sheet metal parts, full rear door, etc....the main things it doesn't have is everything under the hood, the hood itself and wheels. For anyone interested or in need of a VX part that may be here...you should call and ask!

EJR,

is that yard a you pull it? im going up to the yard in pennsburg to pick apart a trooper, that yard isnt far, id love to pull some VX pieces

hey etl, yeah...they will let you in if you ask first at the front desk. Cash is best but they do take plastic too.

Thanks for posting, great to know about it!

I wasn't busy today so I headed down yonder 94 miles to Pipersville, PA. This is not a u-pull-it yard. I told the guy I just wanted some small parts and he said go ahead. I mostly wanted a center arm rest. Most of the stuff he pulled and has in storage. He has the whole front end. He just sold the hood for $500 to "one of you guys". He knows about our "car club".

I got the center arm rest. It's a little dirty, but in great shape and sooooo soft compared to mine. I got the fuel door with a key, rear defrost and heated mirror switches, a couple switch blanks, and some cladding screws.

He asked what I wanted to pay for this stuff and I said $50. That's probably a little too much, but I was very happy to get the arm rest.

I checked the VIN and it used to belong to one of our original members here, jeffkics from Bethlehem, PA, which is not far away.

The two front seats are in the back. They're plenty dirty, but look undamaged. I wouldn't pay much over $50 each since they've been outside the whole time. The rear side cladding pieces look good. This yard is on the search linked above in the first post, so you can check for other stuff he has stored.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 05/04/2010 at 05:12 AM

Wow... it's so sad to one of our beautiful VXs all torn up and lying on the ground like that...

Someone in the community turned me on to this website for miscellaneous car parts:

http://www.car-part.com/

So far I've ordered a passenger rear quarter window from a shop I found on there:

http://www.allforeignautoparts.com/

(for only $60 shipped!)

Anyway, this car part website is very useful, and I called a few shops they have listed, and the site seems to be up to date. AND, the shop I ordered from was very nice and patient with a weary customer like me... even e-mailed me specific part photos!

So, I've been to five u-pull-it and salvage yards in the last month.

I found a '01 Proton #0730 at Joe's Used Auto Parts near New Ringgold, PA. It was a cash for clunker and it's not in the u-pull-it section. The owner is very possessive and it's not gonna be picked apart and "nickle and dimed". You're not gonna get just the fangs without the whole grill, or the roof rail covers alone, or just the hood insert, or a piece of cladding without the whole door. There is a ton of very good stuff on/in this VX. They f'd up the back door and the pass side tail light with a fork lift though. The hood is flawless. The hood insert is very faded, but otherwise perfect. The center armrest is really badly cracked and is unusable. I can't believe I found the armrest above in near perfect condition.

Don't expect anything to be cheap. I asked him for a Rodeo fog light switch and he said $25, for a used one. I just bought a brand new one for $11 shipped.

I asked how much for the whole thing and he said it can't be sold like that. It must be stripped so that VIN can never hit the road again. It looks like no one with #0730 was a member here. Here's the cash for clunkers info on this VX-
    http://www.faqs.org/cars/sales/TOM-MASANOINC/Mazda-4.html

The u-pull-it at Joe's is a waste of time. I found just a few old Zu's and didn't pull anything. Actually, I was disappointed in all the u-pull-its I went to, including the largest u-pull-it in the world, Harry's in Hazelton, Pa.
    http://www.wegotused.com/

I never expected to find a VX, but there's not even any '98+ Zu's. It's really just all old junk. Anything good and fairly new gets stripped and the parts get warehoused for top dollar sales. Nothing worth anything goes to u-pull-it yards.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 05/04/2010 at 05:12 AM

Mark, can I make a request?

If you head back down to that poor lost soul (the VX) could you get the interior dome light and the roof rails (not the cross bars) for me?

I have been wanting to add a second light to the interior of my VX for a while now and one of my roof rails is starting to crack and rust right where the cross bars attach above the drivers door.

I haven't really started looking for the roof rails myself, so if you can't get to them it's no big deal as I'm sure I'll hunt them down soon.

Thanks
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Mark, he won't let me pull anything. They pull the part you need and hand it to you or ship it out. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll get them out to you.

That place is not very near me, so I doubt I'll be down that way again.

Mark

Will do.

Thanks for the recon mission.

There's a guy in Alexandria that wanted an ashtray. I can't remember his handle tho. I'll go ahead and get it from you in case I ever get in contact with him again.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Ok Tom, I'll ship you the ash tray. PM me a mailing address. I he doesn't need it you can hang on to it till someone else asks for one.

Mark