Thread: serious oil leak

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

serious oil leak

hello again family!
    i have been gone for quite some time, and hope that im not thought of poorly as a "only get on when theres trouble" fact is, i still have no computer, and kinda like it.....gives time for other things, (but i do miss all of the vx info)796 unread posts))

well, the foxfire is now on 120,000. running fine, and hasnt had any leak of anything...NOT A DROP!.... i went to work yesterday, and while there, my dad came in and said that i was leaking some antifreeze. i went to look, and it was oil....about a 2' circle of oil on the street.
    i check the oil, and its not even on dipstick! so i fill it up, clean, and wipe all oil off the underneath,(it was all covered, a real mess) i start it up, and see a flow of oil coming from between the ac comp bracket, and the engine block.
    there is no oil on belts, pullys, or crank pully.
    the oil leak must be low on the block, on drivers side, it flows over the "engine pan" on the front side, and down the pan bolts.
    i will try to post a picture, but looking for any suggesstions on what this may be.
    looking in the service manual, im wondering about the crankshaft position sensor. it looks to be in the area, but i cant see it to really locate it.
    this is just so sudden, and such a severe leak.
    it has been really cold here, but the truck starts fine, and is still running fine. i dont think that i drove it much with low oil.
    so anyway, the library is about to close, trying to type fast.....hope this makes sense. please forgive my absense vx brothers and sisters, but i aint got a clue on this one.
    i will hop around to friends computers ect to try to keep up on post.
    hope you are all well, and that the new year brings all that you are looking for.
    Thank you in advance
    David
    IndianaVX
    Last edited by IndianaVX : 01/06/2010 at 03:11 PM Reason: adding pic