Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: muffler

muffler

Need to replace muffler.
    Isuzu offers one OEM for $349 SILENCER ASM= E .
    anyone put anything else on.

Also, I am new to forum and I am starting to clean up vehicle. What is best product to use to clean plastic body modeling parts, do not want to mess them up. Seems like oil or grease on front ones.

Here's a good place to start on the muffler question:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=muffler

Here's a good start on the cladding cleaner:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...adding+cleaner
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/13/2010 at 10:27 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for quick reply.
    I tried a search on this site to get to links like that but it did not come up.

for the cladding that stuff looks great. But I am looking what to clean cladding with, just soap, water, elbow grease, or is there special stuff?

Daly, our muffler and tailpipe were discontinued by Isuzu years ago, so that's out. Change the exhaust flex joint also. I got both done at Monro Muffler. Their #3430 muffler fits good, just not quite as silent as the stock one.

Clean the cladding with a sponge and warm, soapy water, rinse, dry, then apply a cladding treatment if you wish.

Mark

Isuzu says OEM part for muffler is available
    SILENCER ASM= E
    99-01 $443.07 $349.49 .
    Not sure why I need to pay $349 for OEM when Borla, Magna Flow and Gibson all run around $150.
    Need the inlet and outlet size and specs on original muffler to see which options from those companies work. Isuzu could not give me stock size info.
    They sure ain't to helpfull.
    I would like to end up pretty quite, not looking for a growl.

That's good that our muffler is available once again 'cuz it wasn't for a number of years. Most of those other mufflers are gonna growl.

Mark

Arrow

Hello daly !

Which part in NY you live ?

I live in queens,if you want we can catch up any weekend.

In regards of your muffler i'll give you an straight answer: Dynomax

The dynomax super turbo series is a excelent choice.I got two of those under my horse.

They are very quiet yet has nice rumble & sweet tone.

In regards of the cladding I use "back to black"
    I like it because it doesn't shine yet provides an excelent black looking coat over the plastic.
    Dakar was just the begining.

You serious, Queens, excellent. I live in Douglaston. Surprised I have never seen you driving around and stopped you.
    I am driving my kid up to college this weekend but would love to meet to check out your vehicross and pick your brains. I have a gazillion questions but did not want to overload the forum.
    So you went from one muffler to two. Better hp, more sound?

Arrow Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Hello daly !

Which part in NY you live ?

I live in queens,if you want we can catch up any weekend.

In regards of your muffler i'll give you an straight answer: Dynomax

The dynomax super turbo series is a excelent choice.I got two of those under my horse.

They are very quiet yet has nice rumble & sweet tone.

If growl is not what are you looking for neither magnaflow,flowmaster nor borla is a option.
    Dynomax is a high-flow performance muffler that doesn't growl at high decibels like the above brands.
    Check amazon.com
    I bought both mufflers from that website for under $ 130.
    Trust me dude,you would not be dissapointed once you hit the highway & hear how quiet & sweet your VX will sound.

In regards of the cladding I use "back to black"
    I like it because it doesn't shine or glow with the sunshine,yet provides an excelent black looking coat over the plastic.
    You can get the cladding treatment at strauss auto

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    You serious, Queens, excellent. I live in Douglaston. Surprised I have never seen you driving around and stopped you.
    I am driving my kid up to college this weekend but would love to meet to check out your vehicross and pick your brains. I have a gazillion questions but did not want to overload the forum.
    So you went from one muffler to two. Better hp, more sound?
    Great !
    I've seeing a black VX on the I-495 turning into new hyde park road couple of times,actually i saw it few days ago,i wasn't able to catch up with him;Is that VX yours ?

About my mufflers the answer is yes,i got two mufflers under the horse,the sound at idle is almost quiet,but once some RPM is added,specially on the highway you can hear the bad boys rumbling you down.

Anyways daly,let me know when you want to meet up.any time on the weekend is fine.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Got any photos of that exhaust set up?

I want to change mine, but you're the first that's said they have two mufflers. Sound sweet!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

one thing i found to work nice for the cladding is after a nice wash, wax it with turtle wax ice synthetic polish. its nice because if you accidentally leave some on there isnt any white residue left over and it gives it a nice wet look.
    Roads.... Where Were Going We Don't Need Roads!

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    soo moonrover you apply the ICE after say using Back to black

x2 on back to black. Its weird if you apply it regulary it stays a blackish grey, but if you wait a few months and really make it say wear off then go reapply it that cladding really does go black! great product!

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Got any photos of that exhaust set up?

I want to change mine, but you're the first that's said they have two mufflers. Sound sweet!
    The OEM exhaust running from both engine banks connects the pipes on one after the cats by an "Y" configurarion,then goes along all the way on the driver's side to the rear end.

All you got to do is get rid of that Y connection & run another pipe on the passenger side,same as the left side,the smaller the size of the muffler the better,honestly there is not much room to play with on the passenger side;My 2nd muffler lies right under the charcoal canister,but i could work without any problem.
    The gains are less backpressure,more exhaust flow & faster sprint off.

I spoke with a dynomax costumer rep & he told me dynomax is one of the few muffler manufacturers that proves vehicule gains performance specs by using their products :

"We at dynomax are well aware that most of the cars enthusiasts love the high growl of hi-tech mufflers under the cars,but that doesn't assure it will provide better performance for they vehicules after intallation,And what about those that prefers a low,less noisy & discrete growl,but with excelent performance from their mufflers ? Those also deserves a good-quality muffler"

The dynomax superturbo (model 177-47) is 4 1/4 x 9 3/4 " in diameter,while the overall body lenght is only 25 1/2 ".

Both,inlet & outlet are 2 1/2" which is the OEM diameter of the VX exhaust pipe so no adapters are needed.

But dynomax has other muffler configurations for those whom choose not to run two mufflers,but two inlet to two exhaust pipes,one inlet-two exhaust,etc

If you want your neighbors to know whenever you are coming or leaving then go for magnaflow,flowmaster & borla,but if want to catch your wife cheating on you @ home then go for the dynomax LOL

Here's they website :http://dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=superturbo
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 01/13/2010 at 05:49 PM

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Thanks.

I've got dynomax on my Accord tuner...they rock!

Would love to see some pics if you get a chance to snap some off.

Thanks again.