Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WOOT WOOT! Burning Man here I come!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Justin,
    Your my hero. I wish I could tag along. It going to be a blast!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Justin,
    Your my hero. I wish I could tag along. It going to be a blast!
    Peace.
    Tom
    I wish you could make it too, my man, the more the merrier!

Our camp isn't simply 'hippies' - it will be a number of 'regular types' if there is such a thing. Here is a link to the Fugawi Tribe's camp application as in (“Where the Fugawi?”) from 2008: http://home.comcast.net/~steveswensen/oc/

The mutant vehicle is the bus from Moab... that guy bought another bus too... guess it's his summer home or something. We are hoping for a corner lot this year for the greatest layout.

Notice the ORW is strung up naked in the 2nd to last pic... told you she gets around...
    Last edited by ZEUS : 01/15/2010 at 12:53 PM
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Ya know what... if you leave that as an open invitation and I get tired of the dust bowl, I'll see if I can get arrested so you can pick me up at the jail in Reno! (I understand that's where you end up if you get busted.) Then we can go shoot that crazy shot gun of yours at the Falcon. I might need a ride back to the playa b4 my crew leaves tho...
    Dude, you BETTER hang out at least for a drink or two while you are over here.

The mutant bus is pretty insane. I like it. I can't wait to get a welder.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Dude, you BETTER hang out at least for a drink or two while you are over here.

The mutant bus is pretty insane. I like it. I can't wait to get a welder.

Bart
    If I were driving, it wouldn't even be a question - I will be riding with my buddy tho and he is the organizer of the tribe so we will be among the 1st to show and last to leave, most likely. I've never met ANYONE who can party like this guy... I guarantee he will be wiped out at the end of this, so I know he won't want to sidetrack on the way home. There's still time for Elko tho!

If I were driving, it wouldn't even be a question - I will be riding with my buddy tho and he is the organizer of the tribe so we will be among the 1st to show and last to leave, most likely. I've never met ANYONE who can party like this guy... I guarantee he will be wiped out at the end of this, so I know he won't want to sidetrack on the way home. There's still time for Elko tho!
    Actually, you need to call me about that. My buddy and I want to do the Ruby Crest Trail this summer. I will be driving the Trooper. I would love to have a 2nd vehicle along for the trip so lets get it planned.

Bart

PS - I really thought you would be driving the Army Truck to BM. Maybe I will camp on the outskirts that weekend and you can leave the event for a bit and we can go shooting.

I didn't take too many pics - a camera just becomes a nuisance out there. Plus most the time I didn't have any clothes to put one in. LOL Day wear consisted of a fig leaf and a straw hat most days and my camera sucks at night shots. I'll send you some soon tho.

Day wear consisted of a fig leaf and a straw hat most days
    That thought made my brain...

Hope you didn't forget the sunscreen!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

x2, I'm glad I didn't go. I don't need to see that.

Bart

Actually, I got several compliments for covering up my junk! I saw just as many exposed weiners as I saw exposed boobs probably. But I was stopped a few times by folks wanting to praise me for my "decency". Yeah... me... go figure!

I gotta tell ya tho, I wish girls were as forthcumming as guys. One guy asked if he could video me because he noticed how "beautiful" I was - with a compliment like that I had to say "sure". I noticed another guy staring at me as he was 'massaging himself' whilst wearing a creepy grin on his face - I rode away quickly. Another naked guy (proclaimed straight) on a bike told me I have a great physique. Girls just kept telling me stuff like, "let me go", or "no you can't play with that part of my body", or "no, we can't do that in front of everyone", or "WTF?". OK, really the girls mostly said "I like your leaf"... which is why I had one.

you crack me up Zeus!! You've got to become a writer!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Who should be there? I'm reminded of an episode of Malcolm in the Middle where the family wound up at BM in a borrowed RV. They had the awning extended with Astroturf on the ground and a BBQ grille. Hal wore his normal attire - plaid shorts, a khaki hat, knee socks and zinc on his nose. He seemed to be appalled by everything going on around him and threatened by all the attention heaped upon him. The attention, applause and praise from other attendees was because they thought Hal & family were putting on a performance piece to denounce conformist society.

I wonder if I am too anal retentive to enjoy BM.
    (Thank you folks... I'll be here all week. Tip your bartender...)

I was driving from Tahoe to San Fran on the last day and saw alot of BM cars. VERY DUSTY. Thats one way to spot them. Beyond that and not in any way degrading I do have to ask were there showers there?

I am interested in going, however I do not still fully understand the whole idea.

Zues - could you sum it up in a couple of lines or so what you feel it is? Plus how much is the weekly ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    I was driving from Tahoe to San Fran on the last day and saw alot of BM cars. VERY DUSTY. Thats one way to spot them. Beyond that and not in any way degrading I do have to ask were there showers there?

I am interested in going, however I do not still fully understand the whole idea.

Zues - could you sum it up in a couple of lines or so what you feel it is? Plus how much is the weekly ticket?
    No, there are no showers! Sorry... See, an open, inhospitable, desolate, Nevada playa is converted to a city surface once a year by the organizers and participants of The Burning Man Project to form Black Rock City, Nevada - complete with a post office but no plumbing. It is an annual community experiment and art installation - this year 50,000+ strong. Apparently the org gives the BLM $3mil yearly to use the playa for this one week. Because of the happenings and police presence during the event and the expense of the land use, there is talk of a private land purchase somewhere - with that I have heard of the possibility of plumbing, but I find it doubtful. Bring your own solar shower if you can't handle your own BO. I twice followed behind a water truck as it doused the dusty roads and I otherwise used wet wipes before applying sun block every morning.

BM to me, huh? Hmm... besides what I have explained, BM is about unity, equality, imagination, freedom, inner peace, spirituality, sharing, artistic expression, (drugs and/or alcohol for those inclined), and a rite of passage. The typical introduction goes as follows: "Welcome Home." It is also a canvas for art displayed in many forms; loud music, painting, human interaction, sculpture, the nude female body. Words really don't do justice for the effects it can have on your psyche upon arrival or departure. You won't fully understand the whole idea without experiencing it yourself - promise.

I also like this description by Daniel Pinchbeck: "I consider Burning Man to be a fulcrum for the evolution of consciousness on the planet, where cutting-edge scientists consort with neo-pagan warlocks, and arcane bits of knowledge are exchanged at hyperspeed."
    Last edited by ZEUS : 09/09/2010 at 10:59 PM