Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WOOT WOOT! Burning Man here I come!

Thumbs up

Justin,
    Your my hero. I wish I could tag along. It going to be a blast!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Justin,
    Your my hero. I wish I could tag along. It going to be a blast!
    Peace.
    Tom
    I wish you could make it too, my man, the more the merrier!

Our camp isn't simply 'hippies' - it will be a number of 'regular types' if there is such a thing. Here is a link to the Fugawi Tribe's camp application as in (“Where the Fugawi?”) from 2008: http://home.comcast.net/~steveswensen/oc/

The mutant vehicle is the bus from Moab... that guy bought another bus too... guess it's his summer home or something. We are hoping for a corner lot this year for the greatest layout.

Notice the ORW is strung up naked in the 2nd to last pic... told you she gets around...
    Last edited by ZEUS : 01/15/2010 at 12:53 PM
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Ya know what... if you leave that as an open invitation and I get tired of the dust bowl, I'll see if I can get arrested so you can pick me up at the jail in Reno! (I understand that's where you end up if you get busted.) Then we can go shoot that crazy shot gun of yours at the Falcon. I might need a ride back to the playa b4 my crew leaves tho...
    Dude, you BETTER hang out at least for a drink or two while you are over here.

The mutant bus is pretty insane. I like it. I can't wait to get a welder.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Dude, you BETTER hang out at least for a drink or two while you are over here.

The mutant bus is pretty insane. I like it. I can't wait to get a welder.

Bart
    If I were driving, it wouldn't even be a question - I will be riding with my buddy tho and he is the organizer of the tribe so we will be among the 1st to show and last to leave, most likely. I've never met ANYONE who can party like this guy... I guarantee he will be wiped out at the end of this, so I know he won't want to sidetrack on the way home. There's still time for Elko tho!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    If I were driving, it wouldn't even be a question - I will be riding with my buddy tho and he is the organizer of the tribe so we will be among the 1st to show and last to leave, most likely. I've never met ANYONE who can party like this guy... I guarantee he will be wiped out at the end of this, so I know he won't want to sidetrack on the way home. There's still time for Elko tho!
    Actually, you need to call me about that. My buddy and I want to do the Ruby Crest Trail this summer. I will be driving the Trooper. I would love to have a 2nd vehicle along for the trip so lets get it planned.

Bart

PS - I really thought you would be driving the Army Truck to BM. Maybe I will camp on the outskirts that weekend and you can leave the event for a bit and we can go shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Actually, you need to call me about that. My buddy and I want to do the Ruby Crest Trail this summer. I will be driving the Trooper. I would love to have a 2nd vehicle along for the trip so lets get it planned.

Bart

PS - I really thought you would be driving the Army Truck to BM. Maybe I will camp on the outskirts that weekend and you can leave the event for a bit and we can go shooting.
    We already have so many rigs going I was discouraged to bring another so I'm riding along.

No Bart, we can't play snipers on the hippies! That would be awesome to hit up a trail and do some shooting tho! 7 days of BM may be a bit much for me.

I'll give you a call tomorrow, we got some catching up to do cuz our last game of phone tag sucked!

HERE is the link to a rendered animation of our camp for 2010. My contribution (the motion visuals) for the camp - 10' screen, projector, and comp is going to be an awesome beacon at night so we should get a lot of visitors! Protecting all that stuff during a dust storm is going to be a challenge tho, me thinks...

The bike rack should have rollers with little generators so the cyclists can peddal and power your electrical needs!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Oh, oh....and a "Fender Blender"

http://bikeblender.com/fender-blender-universale/

A company that I worked for had one of these at a charity golf event and it was a HUGE hit. Everyone wanted to jump on and make their own margarita's.

Maybe a banana smoothie?

Nice animation, by the way. I like the "Thunderdome" feel.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    The bike rack should have rollers with little generators so the cyclists can peddal and power your electrical needs!
    Good idea, Billy, thanks for volunteering!

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Oh, oh....and a "Fender Blender"

http://bikeblender.com/fender-blender-universale/

A company that I worked for had one of these at a charity golf event and it was a HUGE hit. Everyone wanted to jump on and make their own margarita's.

Maybe a banana smoothie?

Nice animation, by the way. I like the "Thunderdome" feel.
    LMAO - banana smoothie... that's a good one, Mark! But $250 up to $390 plus attachments for that thang!? It's cool and all but I don't want to pay for sex... expecially when I'd be the one getting shafted!

My buddy did the animation using 3DS Max - he's awesome with that stuff and may lead me to a career change. You architects are getting on my nerves.

i will send you the address to send the limo to pick me up.

DUHN
    DUHN
    DUHN
    DUNH...
    The time is upon us...
    We will be leaving for Winnemucca Friday morning after I wrap up a few things at work. We are staying at a shady hotel... "Scott Shady Court Hotel" specifically. Then we will be on our way to Black Rock City Saturday morning!

I think BM will be streamed live from HERE once more (just as last year tho... beware - nudity may be present)

This should be interesting - I may be reborn or may just find another way to be undead. I will prob'ly be some sort of demigod tho! See ya Labor Day!

Have fun raving it up, Justin!! Try not to catch anything!!

Bart

Have fun man! My sister is one of the fire dancers. Just yell Chelsey and she'll come running.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

A lil reborn.
    A lil undead.
    I saw one VX out there but the owner was sleeping at the time - Dan from Cali, you here?
    I'm exhausted and dreading work... ugh.