Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: factory wheel question

factory wheel question

havent had any luck finding this searching.. anyone have any idea what the stock 18's weigh?

I have a chance to get a set of new 18's for a great price so im thinking about it.. but the weight seems high at 29 lbs per wheel.. prob not a big deal in the scheme of things with oversized tires too but mostly curiosity at this point

I have a set of four of the 18s. Three weighted in at 28.0 lbs and one weighted 28.2 lbs. All had a small number of balancing weights attached. I used a digital scale with unknown accuracy.

Navi

thanks navistar! i ordered my wheels today... im pumped! 392 shipped to my door!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Very nice...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Very nice...
    ^ +1

Are those wheels heavier or lighter than stock?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    thanks navistar! i ordered my wheels today... im pumped! 392 shipped to my door!

WOW!! That's an amazing wheel at an price! What wheel are they and where'd ya get 'em or does it involve your Sears connection?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

they are about 1 lb heavier than stock.. so no biggie.. they are 18x8.5 w/ a 4.75" backspacing so they are gonna stick out a tad, should be about the same as wormgod and kenny's enkie's.. they are 89 a piece in chrome or 79 a piece in flat black w/ machined face on www.tirerack.com just put the VX in as your vehicle (may have to be a 2001, not sure) but then i just sorted price low to high and they are the first two..

they are Granite Alloy GA5

they are about 1 lb heavier than stock.. so no biggie.. they are 18x8.5 w/ a 4.75" backspacing so they are gonna stick out a tad, should be about the same as wormgod and kenny's enkie's.. they are 89 a piece in chrome or 79 a piece in flat black w/ machined face on www.tirerack.com just put the VX in as your vehicle (may have to be a 2001, not sure) but then i just sorted price low to high and they are the first two..

NICE!!!

yeah

I got the flat black and machined I wanted to avoid peeling chrome and I love the look even better

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I got the flat black and machined I wanted to avoid peeling chrome and I love the look even better
    yea im a little nervous about the peeling chrome.. but i wash my VX so much i think i will probably be OK and on the inner surface im just going to use some thin weight oil to bead the tires, not soapy water like most, that should keep the moisture inside the tire to a minimum to help with the peeling

My VX started in the northeast

yea im a little nervous about the peeling chrome.. but i wash my VX so much i think i will probably be OK and on the inner surface im just going to use some thin weight oil to bead the tires, not soapy water like most, that should keep the moisture inside the tire to a minimum to help with the peeling
    I kept it washed rinsed etc but snow build up salt rainy days and mondays etc they started peeling I bought additional rims when I needed them and they were available. I finally got tired of it and when I saw the tirerack special I ordered 5 and sold my good rims to several members and the caps etc from the bad wheels as well. I was able to earn enough the sale of I think 9 rims to pay for the new low cost non chrome wheels

cant wait to see those mounted on the VX

they arrived today sadly i have class tonight, but i do work tomorrow, so the first chance i get that we slow down i will be mounting them.. look for pics tomorrow night or sunday

anyone have a photo of the trimming needed for the rear of the front well? i know gary had to do it, this is pretty much the same wheel/tire combo (as far as size) and im not lifted nor do i really want to lift if i can avoid it

also.. can i interest anybody in a set of 5 factory wheels in great shape (minus the peeling on the inner wheel, but not where tires mount or on the face)

I got those same wheels different finish

they arrived today sadly i have class tonight, but i do work tomorrow, so the first chance i get that we slow down i will be mounting them.. look for pics tomorrow night or sunday

anyone have a photo of the trimming needed for the rear of the front well? i know gary had to do it, this is pretty much the same wheel/tire combo (as far as size) and im not lifted nor do i really want to lift if i can avoid it

also.. can i interest anybody in a set of 5 factory wheels in great shape (minus the peeling on the inner wheel, but not where tires mount or on the face)

I did not require any trimming and my VX is not lifted at all.