Hi folks,

Really just a quick note to apologise for my lack of participation over the past few months. I've been working away from home a lot (if you're going to be in Manchester then ask for restaurant recommendations...) so when it came to the weekends all I've done is try to catch up with life-in-general and so haven't had a chance to get out and about as much as I'd like. As well as that the VX was off the road having failed its first MOT and then hanging about waiting for brake parts until I could get them fitted (didn't happen in the end, despite my best efforts) and/or find a suitably sympathetic MOT* tester ( )

Anyhow, I'm now closer to home during the week and so less frazzled at the weekends, the Vehicross is running like a dream having been used near-continuously since before Christmas and I have every intention of being at WAY more off-road events than last year.

In preparation I've made it all nice and clean (okay, a friendly local Ukranian did it for a small fee - it was cold out...) so I thought I'd share some piccys:-

New, grippier seats. Needed sight alterations to the standard subframes. The originals are now safely stored in my garage loft. Even these have seat covers to protect them fromt he worst of off-roading muck.

And in the darkness... Nothing beats almost 400W of illumination - I really must fit those extra ones I have for the roof crate...

Unusually shiny - the sand trays were ont he roof "just in case" but fairly hit the fuel consumption. One of my mates was driving it over Christmas when i was away in france and claims to have covered just 70 miles on £50 ($US 80.30) of petrol at low speed in the snow. He's always sorer on fuel than I am though...

I need to get my friendly steel fabricators to run up a bar for between the fow bar mounts with a pindle/NATO hitch int he middle and a pair of hefty towing eyelets I've acquited. shoudl make "extraction" much easier...

Oh and I've finally got rid of most (but by no means all) of the sand & crud that was plastered over the underside at the VX meet.

I hope you're all well...

Cheers,

Alan

*Ministry of Transport - the MOT Test in the UK is a test of roadworthyness that has to be assed annually by all vehicles over 3 years old.