Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Since no one seems to have mentioned it........

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Biko View Post
    Maybe I've just got a big blind spot, but I can't think of a single case where determined rebuilding of a defeated country was not a massive net benefit for the USA in the long run.
    When we rebuild countries,we usually,conveniently build huge air bases and occupy them for then on! We still have bases in Japan and Germany.
    If you look at the middle east,we have it totally encircled by bases.
    We have our hand firmly on the oil spigot!! If it comes push to shove
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I have no response for that. To believe that the leaders of multiple countries are simply unable to say "no" in a diplomatic fashion because they are afraid of appearing racist is not debatable.
    It happens everyday, look at Congress, they are asking Harry Reid to step down for comments made in 2008!!! that weren't even racist. World society has pitched this whole concept of P.C. that everyone is scared to say "boo" for fear of public destruction. So yes, I believe that other world leaders are afraid to say no to the "messiah" for fear of being incriminated as not supporting our nobel prize toting, promise breaking elected official.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I think it is pure ignorance to pretend the United States does not belong to the planet Earth, and to the world community. Your back yard, your town, and your state is not the way the world is . People live all over the world, have different values, different morals and different color skin.
    Having more countries respect us can't be a bad thing. We all drive Japanese cars, 50 years ago were frying Japan with atomic bombs. Now we are friendly with them and all of us love cruising our cool VX's. That would have never happened if we did not heal old wounds like Pearl Harbor and move on to trade with them.
    Obama did not deserve the peace prize, the American people do for electing him. The world was happy not only happy to see a black man finally pierce the good old boy's club,but one that was not part of the same republican policy mill as Bush.
    The United States is #1, "we do what we want" attitude was what got us in the wars we have been in. We are like a Mansion in the middle of a ghetto. Somebody was bound to throw a rock through our window. We consume more than we produce. We spend more than we have. We bitch more than we should.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    So yes, I believe that other world leaders are afraid to say no to the "messiah" for fear of being incriminated as not supporting our nobel prize toting, promise breaking elected official.
    So, let's say your theory of extreme global political correctness is true.

Why aren't all world leaders affected by it? Why hasn't it been consistent since day one of Obama's administration - Russia's acquiescence on Iran only came after negotiations and Israel has been actively hostile to many of his requests. Or how about Merkel's sharp criticisms of many of Obama's policy decisions?

What is so special about germany and israel that they are not afraid of being labeled racists? And why did it take negotiations for Russia to come around, after all isn't the damage done, aren't they now world-renowned racists forever to be shunned?

And why is Sarkozy so enthusiastic about the "surge" in Afghanistan but at the same time he's criticized Obama in other areas for being ill-prepared and "not always up to standard on decision-making and efficiency." How is he able to make such obviously non-PC remarks and yet at the same time has been cowed by political correctness into partnering on the war in Afghanistan? Its like he's afraid of political correctness and not afraid of it at exactly the same time.

Or maybe your theory really is nothing more than completely laughable.

What is so special about germany and israel that they are not afraid of being labeled racists? And why did it take negotiations for Russia to come around, after all isn't the damage done, aren't they now world-renowned racists forever to be shunned?
    Israel has the 3rd largest land army in the world, and one of the most highly trained units second only to us. We have kept them from committing genocide for decades. Israel is one country I do respect. All of their citizens serve in the military for a minimum time, they all have a vested interest in their own government. They pick their positions based on what they think is right. Germany has a very dark past they are still trying to overcome. As for Russia, they are nothing (well, they are gobbling up VXs ), not a big conspiracy theorist, but I would not be surprised if there was more to that story than we will ever hear.
    You are probably right about my theory, but I see what happens in various news broadcasts(no not Fox news, believe it or not, I only watch CNN.com, someone says something not PC, and they are roasted at the spit. The Prime Minister (I think thats his title) of Italy, our own public servants, police officers and so on...even our Generals at the forefront of the "war" are condemned for non-PC comments. I have been on 3 different ships, female pregnancy is a HUGE deal, he made a fair rule. I have stood those extra watches while a woman got a straight shot home for shore duty, where she got to keep her bonuses and not do her deployment. "America" threw a tantrum. "America" has not been deployed, but they forced him to renege on his policy. So I am biased, that is true, but I am definitely not stupid, I realize there is no cut and dry answer or view, but as a society our values and priorities follow a sine wave pattern, we are currently at the peak of that liberal wave. I hope it soon swings back into the gray area of common sense and fairness. I immensely enjoy these threads, if nothing but for the representation of what our country has, the ability for us to speak our mind, but enjoy it while you can, there are those in power that would love to take it and everything you have earned away from you and to tell you what to think.

Wow! I cannot believe you started a "What do you think of President XXX?" thread on an US-based forum. From previous experience of these sorts of things half the members will think the other half are commie-sympathising liberals whilst the second half will be thinking the first half are a bunch of KKK-member rednecks. Then half of each group will leave the forum in disgust... :lol:

As a Yooropeen he seems to be doing okay. He certainly comes across better than either Bush or Clinton did (see me take the middle line here) and the fact he can string words into coherent and sometimes clever sentences certinly works in his favour.

He even smiles, which is more than our Prime Minister can manage most of the time.

Alan

Too many incorrect points to quote the originals

So here are responses those who posted errors should pick up what I am refering to:

The USA has only been around for 200+ years. That is nothing in terms of history. Beleive it or not wars were around even before then. Really but as opposed to our win, rebuild and regret previously it was win take over and rule as you like. Every country that has a single human in it has been taken over in a war and the current rules are descended from the winners not the original population

The USA was never respected by insane despots however we were once respected by allies which is becoming a thing of the past.

It is funny we supposedly have respect from other countries only since BO took over who is using Bush's stratedgy in Iraq which he critisized as wrong and voted agaibst paying our soldiers to try and stop it. In addition he won the joke nobel partially due to his promise to close Gitmo in 3 months and a year later he is trying to move it here where citizens do not want it.

BO administration has spent more in one year than Bush did in eight and has only got him paid up with his union and othe democrat supporters while unemployment is on its way to tripling. The brief improvement in November and December was a result of hiring temporary workers for Xmas which is something that has always happened. His claim of jobs retained and created were shown to contain obvious errors by non existant areas and lack of the transparency he promised.

I could go on but the people who actually follow the truth already know what I am saying and the rest refuse to read or listen anything that contradicts their world view.