Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HAHA! You have to ADD the panache to a Blazer; that's one of the reasons I got one!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

So I just pulled the trigger on these(sorry for the huge pic, I didn't take it):

I guess if spending money=making progress then I'm doing alright. Billy will be happy to see these no doubt. They're no Trepadors, but the price was an absolute no pass up situation. For those wondering they are Maxxis M8090 Creepy Crawlers of the 37X12.50-16 variety.
    Last edited by Ascinder : 11/08/2017 at 03:27 PM
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

SICK! Love em, good choice.

Bart

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!
    Are those the regular compound or the stickies?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

To my knowledge they are regular, but from what I am hearing there isn't a huge difference between Maxxis' regulars and stickies. Now I just have to find some 16X10 alloys with an 8 on 6.5 lug pattern, preferably with beadlocks and also some that don't look like everything else out there. I'll let you know when I get those and the unicorn, leprechaun, and all the other seemingly impossible to find things out there

Get some recentered H1 beadlocks with rock rings, it's a double beadlock, cheap (as far as beadlocks are concerned) and look pretty sweet IMO

1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

You can have the backspacing set at whatever you want (within reason) on those H1's

Check out Starzworks for some really nice beadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    You can have the backspacing set at whatever you want (within reason) on those H1's
    The H1 wheels are 16.5's tho - are the recenters down-sized to 16" somehow?

Get some recentered H1 beadlocks with rock rings, it's a double beadlock, cheap (as far as beadlocks are concerned) and look pretty sweet IMO
    That would be great, but H1 beadlocks are 16.5 IIRC. I don't think they'd fit properly. I was actually going to get those(from trailworthyfab.com) but I figured they wouldn't fit the 16" tires.

You can use any wheel you like that fits and just get a weld on beadlock kit or internal bead locks (staun's). Those tires grip great especially if you warm em up a bit.
    Unfortunately, I just read this over at Pirate:

8/10/2010 update: Staun Products in Australia has reportedly gone out of business and is no longer shipping beadlock product. Deflators are still available at this time.
    Sorry for the confusion.

That spec combo isn't too hard to find really. I found a used set in Denver recently for the beater truck for less than 150! If you can find something closer to a positive offset rim you may be able to leave the axles uncut. Diggin those tires tho!
    I have yet to find a set anywhere near here. I checked craigslist and all the usual rim and tire places, but either everything's the wrong size or they look like clone-a-jeep wheels or gangsta-chrome specials. I saw some 16X8's and thats about it. Remember, I want to stick with aluminum if possible since the wheels themselves already weigh in at 75 lbs. a pop. I may just buy some rims and have them converted. I'm liking these:

Last edited by Ascinder : 08/14/2010 at 04:13 PM

another good place

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Custom-Hummer-Wheels/

less than $300 a wheel with ALL options (welded on rock ring, powder coated wheel and rock ring, flat center with custom backspacing, pvc insert for beadlock, etc), not bad IMO for a double beadlock. Starzwork's has some sweet wheels though!
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 08/14/2010 at 03:35 PM

Ascinder...
    I know you have been purchasing a lot from Ballistic so in case you are not on their mail list they are currently having 10% everything including their shocks...Use promo code bas10

Ascinder...
    I know you have been purchasing a lot from Ballistic so in case you are not on their mail list they are currently having 10% everything including their shocks...Use promo code bas10
    OH, yeah. I'm more of a regular on Pirate than here anymore, so I saw it within 5 minutes of them posting. That said, I have a couple hundred bucks worth of brackets to buy over the weekend. It sucks because I just bought a set of 5 Hutchinsons and I'm buying these things called Centramatics to assist with balancing on what are looking to be 130 lb. wheels, so money is getting flushed out of my account on a quick and continuous basis lately. I swear my sub conscience likes to keep my account as close to zero as possible.

Might as well...can't take it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    OH, yeah. I'm more of a regular on Pirate than here anymore, so I saw it within 5 minutes of them posting. That said, I have a couple hundred bucks worth of brackets to buy over the weekend. It sucks because I just bought a set of 5 Hutchinsons and I'm buying these things called Centramatics to assist with balancing on what are looking to be 130 lb. wheels, so money is getting flushed out of my account on a quick and continuous basis lately. I swear my sub conscience likes to keep my account as close to zero as possible.
    Those pirate guys would go apes@бе over your build! I read a lot there but don't do a lot of posting.