Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Or put 2 on one side and 2 on the other, looks matched which ever side you loko at it
    and most people would never notice the difference unless you pointed it out to them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup that's what I was thinking. Shoot I know people who build cars this way on purpose lol
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

LOL tell me about it! I've been doing the same thing lately, I wish my wife thought like you Billy lol

ya what Billy said, tan center with black everything else! Man your stealing my paint idea I might have to change it now lol. I was gonna do that color scheme to my future rims too

Those pirate guys would go apes@¡¥ over your build! I read a lot there but don't do a lot of posting.
    You know, that got me thinking Billy, so I posted it up in the 'Zu forum over there. As for the wheels, I think doing the center that way would be awesome(ramairz, do yours that way too and we'll all be in the cool kids club)Now you know how I felt when Bart went and did his trooper in tan and black, lol. I'm trying to develop a paint scheme right now that incorporates shades of tan and grey together in a streaming-blending-swirling pattern so the VX looks likes it's blowing through the middle of a sandstorm. It's likely to be a lot of airbrush work, but should still be easy to repair if and when it gets Nevada pinstriped or dinged or crushed on rocks
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Ya I was planning on this sand color using Durabak Smooth (like line-x and rhino-liner) on the metal panels and then there textured black or dark grey for the cladding and the hood insert. I'm working on a snorkel for it too. I think it'll look sweet all decked out in that color scheme with the tan/black wheels, rack, snorkel, etc. Ya Bart's Trooper looks sweet though.

All business indeed!

Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Veddy niiice! How's your back? Is that combo around 120 lbs or so?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Dude, that setup looks NASTY. So, where are you at with the project percentage wise? 50% done? 75%? Almost there?

Bart

Veddy niiice! How's your back? Is that combo around 120 lbs or so?
    Close, 116.5 including the centramatics and all the nuts holding the wheels together. This is without the inner beadlock portions which I'm estimating at 7-12 lbs. So we are looking at close to 130 a piece. In answer to your question though, they sucked to move upstairs in the heat, so I was a little sore and a lot tired Moving them back down should be fun though

Dude, that setup looks NASTY. So, where are you at with the project percentage wise? 50% done? 75%? Almost there?
    I would honestly say 45% realistically. I don't really feel like I'm quite over the hump yet. I have a lot of what I need, so probably not a lot of waiting for parts, but I need a plasma cutter something fierce right now, but can't bring myself to justify the cost for how much I'll be using it. Maybe I should "borrow" the one from the facility for the day Other than that, there is just a lot of ancillary things to do like get a hold of sensors for the engine and stuff. The order of things is a mess too, it's always take things apart, put them back on for a test fit, take them off cause they're in the way, wash ,rinse, repeat. I have to take the rims out to guard to sandblast them, then order the powder, then shoot them and bake them. Also have to order the 16" o-rings they take and I'd like to scare up some new hardware for holding them together since the current stuff looks a bit I may even go really hardcore and drill some safety wire holes for the nuts.

Yeah, after Japan and after the Falcon sells I will be doing up my garage. I can't wait. It just seems like money goes out at warp speed and comes in in slow motion.

Bart

Alright boys and girls, I just threw down on a Plasma cutter/ AC/DC Tig combo unit(Longevity Weldall 200PI) so the real fabbing is about to begin. It will be replacing a harbor freight cheapie tig unit that could barely stick two pieces of tinfoil together and an oxy acetylene torch that well, just didn't cut as well as a plasma can. This new unit is eventually destined to end up as the torch on a 2 axis CNC plasma table, but in the meantime, it'll be tasked with carving up the VX and burning on some heavy duty mounts. I am also just finishing up most of the loose ends on the engine. I just got a 1/2" tubing bender(Swagelok MS-HTB-8) rated for stainless(read $$$) and a flaring tool(Ridgid 375) for the same. I also grabbed a Protools HSN 500 tube notcher for the upcoming chassis/rollcage/shock hoop fabricating. Also been replacing the split loom on the wiring harness since the old stuff was hardened with age and oil/grease/dirt soaked. The 18" diameter, 4 foot long, 3/4" thick sewer pipe is down at the local plastics manufacturer/distributor getting chopped up into little pieces to become the beadlock wheel inserts.

Why do I feel like eventually you'll be able to make new VX's from scratch in your garage?

FINALLY SOME PROGRESS!!! (The fact that's coming from me is what makes it funny.)
    I checked on some combo units and that is the one I figured I could actually afford and use. And then life got in my face again and I realized I can't afford it afterall. So that means... I'll be coming to your house again soon!