Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

I think that "mismatched" set would actually look pretty cool. The solid spokes on the rear the split spokes on the front...painted to match the VX of course.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Or put 2 on one side and 2 on the other, looks matched which ever side you loko at it
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Or put 2 on one side and 2 on the other, looks matched which ever side you loko at it
    and most people would never notice the difference unless you pointed it out to them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup that's what I was thinking. Shoot I know people who build cars this way on purpose lol

Ascinder...
    I know you have been purchasing a lot from Ballistic so in case you are not on their mail list they are currently having 10% everything including their shocks...Use promo code bas10

Ascinder...
    I know you have been purchasing a lot from Ballistic so in case you are not on their mail list they are currently having 10% everything including their shocks...Use promo code bas10
    OH, yeah. I'm more of a regular on Pirate than here anymore, so I saw it within 5 minutes of them posting. That said, I have a couple hundred bucks worth of brackets to buy over the weekend. It sucks because I just bought a set of 5 Hutchinsons and I'm buying these things called Centramatics to assist with balancing on what are looking to be 130 lb. wheels, so money is getting flushed out of my account on a quick and continuous basis lately. I swear my sub conscience likes to keep my account as close to zero as possible.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Might as well...can't take it with you.

LOL tell me about it! I've been doing the same thing lately, I wish my wife thought like you Billy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    OH, yeah. I'm more of a regular on Pirate than here anymore, so I saw it within 5 minutes of them posting. That said, I have a couple hundred bucks worth of brackets to buy over the weekend. It sucks because I just bought a set of 5 Hutchinsons and I'm buying these things called Centramatics to assist with balancing on what are looking to be 130 lb. wheels, so money is getting flushed out of my account on a quick and continuous basis lately. I swear my sub conscience likes to keep my account as close to zero as possible.
    Those pirate guys would go apes@бе over your build! I read a lot there but don't do a lot of posting.

These are on the way as we speak-should be arriving Saturday:

They will likely be sandblasted and powdercoated either a matte black or a flat desert tan to match the VX's intended paint scheme. The Centramatics ought to be here tomorrow as well.

So you got them finally! I say desert tan. That would look awesome.

Bart

Those are sweet!
    Maybe do the the centers tan and the rest black.

ya what Billy said, tan center with black everything else! Man your stealing my paint idea I might have to change it now lol. I was gonna do that color scheme to my future rims too

Those pirate guys would go apes@бе over your build! I read a lot there but don't do a lot of posting.
    You know, that got me thinking Billy, so I posted it up in the 'Zu forum over there. As for the wheels, I think doing the center that way would be awesome(ramairz, do yours that way too and we'll all be in the cool kids club)Now you know how I felt when Bart went and did his trooper in tan and black, lol. I'm trying to develop a paint scheme right now that incorporates shades of tan and grey together in a streaming-blending-swirling pattern so the VX looks likes it's blowing through the middle of a sandstorm. It's likely to be a lot of airbrush work, but should still be easy to repair if and when it gets Nevada pinstriped or dinged or crushed on rocks

Ya I was planning on this sand color using Durabak Smooth (like line-x and rhino-liner) on the metal panels and then there textured black or dark grey for the cladding and the hood insert. I'm working on a snorkel for it too. I think it'll look sweet all decked out in that color scheme with the tan/black wheels, rack, snorkel, etc. Ya Bart's Trooper looks sweet though.