Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HERES a good read on the ORI struts...
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Damn Beau, now you've done gone and let the cat fully outta the bag! Yer in trouble now, sir!!

Bart

Billy, you have me totally sold on these. Now if I could just unload my VX engine, I'd order them immediately Without a need for bumpstops or a swaybar, my packaging becomes infinitely easier, especially with the limited space on hand for everything to begin with. So far, parts wise, I still need several major components/component systems. I still need to buy my hydro setup, the cooling system, the fuel system, the suspension links, the suspension bracket/tabs, the driveshafts, and those shocks. It's still a long way to go, but I'll probably be ordering the fuel system, the brackets/tabs, and the radiator here pretty soon.

Damn Beau, now you've done gone and let the cat fully outta the bag! Yer in trouble now, sir!!
    Yeah, I had to sooner or later, but look at all this great help it's getting me!!!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

For tabs check out Balistic Fabrication. They make some really nice stuff and their prices are not to bad either.

For tabs check out Balistic Fabrication. They make some really nice stuff and their prices are not to bad either.
    Exactly, that's who I got those rod ends through. They make a great product. I wish they had some better axle trusses though. I am wanting something along the lines of one of these:

Jeebus. Now that is B E E F Y!

Bart

Jeebus. Now that is B E E F Y!
    Knowing me, would you expect anything less? Overkill is the point at which others balk and I scream "Not enough!!"

If you like those, these are the diff covers I'm thinking about.

But with the (not yellow) diamondplated option:

Damn, son, if you finish this project, it will be EPIC.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post

Maybe I worded that poorly, I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone at all. I am just tired of getting excited about stuff and then it just falls off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. I just want to bring something to the table that is real and tangible. Something that says: "Here you go, this is how it's done." Instead of: "Oh wouldn't attaching JATO bottles to a VX be cool." Oh no, buddy. Are you saying the world doesn't revolve around me?! Kidding, I was just trying to say, I know exactly how you feel... that's why I figured you needed that kick in the pants moral support!

Here's some pics of where I'm at with this right now, just so we're all on the same page.

Here's the gaping engine bay:

Dude, seriously, you have the ugliest VX I have ever seen!

Here's a couple shots of the engine since it got modded (yes, I already know the intake is on backwards. I put it on that way on purpose): Can you kids say "In-cab air cleaner"?
    Alright... I have told Bart like 3 times I want to go to Reno to visit... enough 'flights of fancy'... time for a flight! I just checked and I can fly round trip for about $100! I would have to leave on a Saturday morning and return on a Tuesday tho and May looks like the earliest open schedule at that price rate... Is there a time in May or June that you guys have free to camp out or turn wrenches or shoot projectiles? Or all 3? I mean come on, we have the option to work on 3 different projects at Bart's house and of course I would love to be a part of the VX3500! Plus we have multiple crazy guns to choose from to shoot in the middle of the desert! Reno is shaping up to be like my own Disneyland!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"